RC poster

TSM In the Summit

Has anyone run the 5 channel TSM receiver in the Summit yet? If so, how has it worked out?

RC Qualifier
    I don't think you going to see to many people swap to that receiver.
    The Summit on stock power dose not go fast enough to really even need it. And there are not that many guys that run brushless systems in there Summits.

I plan to run a TSM receiver in my slash soon. That thing can get a little hard to control at 60+ mph. LOL

I have a brushless system in my Summit, and don't have any plans to run a TSM receiver in it. I did now gear it to be able to go over 30mph so it really dose not need it.

RC poster
    I swapped in a Mamba Monster 2, it's got plenty of power. I was just wondering if it's compatible, not that I will necessarily install one.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2gti1 View Post
    I swapped in a Mamba Monster 2, it's got plenty of power. I was just wondering if it's compatible, not that I will necessarily install one.
    anything can be compatable, its just a simple rx/tx swap, the way it receives and transmits doesnt change. it simply has an added feature of the gyro to help newer drivers operate their vehicle under heavy acceleration or corners ect. TSM (stabilty managment) can be added to literaly ANYTHING, boats, planes, nitro, buggies, gas, elec, helis(which is where that started btw) anything that moves in a non linear way.
    Last edited by mxaustin; 10-06-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

Such a big heavy truck doesnt need tsm regardless of the power plant you put in.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Such a big heavy truck doesnt need tsm regardless of the power plant you put in.
    Lets just say this, doesnt matter if its heavy or not. The tsm works wonders in the summit but if the sensitivity is turned over 15% it becomes undrivable due to wobbling. And to answer the original question yes it works with the summit, aiming to be around 90mph and i sure dont want this thing flying off the handle

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinrocksman View Post
    The tsm works wonders in the summit but if the sensitivity is turned over 15% it becomes undrivable due to wobbling.
    Do all summits behave the same way??? Maybe your wheel toe setup is not correct??? Are we saying that no matter how the summit is tuned perfectly, all summits would still wobble at more than 15 to 20% ???

RC Champion
    I'm not to sure but I'm thinking its to do with the suspension being soft allowing for greater chassis roll/sway while traveling forwards. and that could throw off the gyro
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Quote Originally Posted by Saurabh View Post
    Do all summits behave the same way??? Maybe your wheel toe setup is not correct??? Are we saying that no matter how the summit is tuned perfectly, all summits would still wobble at more than 15 to 20% ???
    The summit and erevo are the exact same truck, and the erevo is rock solid way over 65mph (a few folks have 90mph erevos).

Its all in the suspension set up and tires. (Summit has big soft tires, soft long travel suspension, and inherently top heavy). I.E. wobbly at 35+mph
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !