Thread: Lipo help?

RC Enthusiast

Lipo help?

My son has a slash 2x2 with a traxxas vxl -3s ESC and he just got a, he followed all the directions of charging the lipo and fully charged he ran it for maybe 2 minutes and the low voltage cut-off engaged. We then checked the cells with one reading 4.08 and the 2nd at 4.15. Why is this happening? I have read the article about lipos in a previous post. What are we doing wrong??
    Any help would be great !
    Last edited by Double G; 10-07-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: banned

Traxxas Employee
    Are you certain it is going into LVD? Connection could be bad connection, or potentially a bad ESC triggering LVD early but that is pretty rare

RC Champion
    Was there a light pattern on the ESC?

RC Qualifier
    First of all you need to either get a better charger or learn to use it properly. There should be a balance setting ALWAYS use it.

You may be overheating and going into thermal protection not low voltage. Whats your gearing? Check your temps. what is the light pattern on the ESC when it starts actic funny?

RC Enthusiast
    He has a traxxas ez peak ID charger..Light pattern on the ESC was a slow blinking red light. 90T spur and 23 pinion. We are sure it's going into LVD. Thanks for the replies. The charger has balance, storage and fast charge. But he has never fast charged always slow and balanced.
    Last edited by ruttrowreroy; 10-07-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Probably a damaged cell. Those lipos you are using are not of very good quality.

Having such a huge drift (4.08 vs 4.15) at this discharge state is an indication for a bad cell.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 10-07-2015 at 03:56 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    his gear is a 86 T instead of 90.. So far we have not gotten anywhere. The .08 and .15 fall within the .2 range of what they want, but I said the battery is new..no response! I honestly don't know a good from a bad lipo brand, this could be the case. Hopefully not!
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-07-2015 at 07:28 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ruttrowreroy View Post
    I honestly don't know a good from a bad lipo brand
    Lots of people recommend these.

http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....te=common/home

I have 2 and they have been good to me for the almost 2 weeks I've had them.
    I'm just trying to increase my post count.

spc or smc is the way to go in the usa.

RC Enthusiast
    K thanks...my son charged the lipos again and both cells were balanced exactly the same...hooked it to the Traxxas and it didn't run past 2 min before LVD shut it down. So we tested both cells again and they read 4.19 & 4.09 and the ESC was still slow flashing red.

Possibly a battery issue. Take it up with the manufacturer/seller and look to purchase some quality batteries as mentioned.
    The Super Derecho