RC Racer

I bought another one, the addiction continues!

Since I recently finished all of the major upgades that I wanted to do on my 4x4 lcg I found myself searching ebay for a good deal on a roller or something used. I've been wanting to build a MT SLASH 4X4 for the snow and a 2wd speed run slash that I would use mainly on asphalt/paved surfaces.

Today I came across this for $315 shipped and I couldn't resist. Withe the motor/esc setup and all the other upgrades it seemed like a good deal.

Listing description......
    2wd Traxxas Stampede that has been converted to a LCG SlashApede!!! So please remember that all the rear suspension and drivetrain parts are Stampede!! I have gone through every square inch of this truck and either upgraded everything or replaced everything that needed it, even the transmission!!! I haven't used this truck hardly at all since I built it, hence why I am selling it... The truck,body, motor & ESC, ALL the electronics, and the Duratrax tires all have around 5 or 6 runs on them, all in the grass!!! I built this truck for bashing so I built it very strong and fast so it can take the abuse!!

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro ESC and 4 pole 2400kv motor. ESC is currently set up for dual battery packs but can easily be changed back over to run a single pack

Onyx LIPO Battery 5000mah 3s 11.1 volt 25c Traxxas Plug, A little puffed up but works and holds a charge great, at least the last time I used it...

2.8 Duratrax Six Pack MT tires, Very little use, only ran in grass, Lots of tread!!

2.8 Proline Trenchers, Lots of tread left, around 85%

Tactic TSX57 Ultra Torque Metal Gear Servo

Traxxas TQ 2 Channel receiver and transmitter

STRC 23MM Aluminum Battery Brace

RPM Blue Transmission and Transmission Gear cover, stock case included

Hot Racing Aluminum diff case with hardened Steel Diff gear. PN# HR TE38CH

Traxxas Blue Front and Rear Turnbuckles PN# 3741A

MIP Splined Rear Axles X-Duty PN# MIP 11104 For the Satmpede

RPM Front and rear body mounts, an extra set of posts as well

RPM Slash Front Bumper

RPM Front Shock Tower
    Traxxas Blue shock Caps Stockers included

Integy 17mm hub adapters with 12 mm offset New in Package

Proline body with a little wear and tear. Still works great and is not totally thrashed

All signs point to happiness...other than the puffed lipo.
    Good times don't just happen.

Any pic of the rig?

Why is the 2400kV motor rigged up for dual batteries?

Just wondering... If you've been wanting to build another rig, this one sounds built. No fun in that.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slidin6ofem View Post
    All signs point to happiness...other than the puffed lipo.
    I have plenty of lipos so I wasn't to concerned.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Any pic of the rig?

Why is the 2400kV motor rigged up for dual batteries?

Just wondering... If you've been wanting to build another rig, this one sounds built. No fun in that.
    Yes it is built already but j thought it was a good deal for the parts it has on it. I'm probably going to strip it down to the chassis and start over making it set up more for speed. I have a set of banditos and split six wheels on the way. I'm going to put one set of those big tires on my 4x4 and maybe put the other set on my sons rustler. Not 100% sure which direction I'm going with this really. I was on ebay looking for lcg 2wd chassis and rollers and stumbled upon it. It was definitely an impulse purchase.

RC Racer
    Just another random thought..... maybe I will get another four wheel drive LCG chassis, and 8th scale ESC and use the 2400 Castle motor and the banditos to build an on road 4x4 speed rig. I currently have mip axles on my slash but I have been wanting to try out the teknos so if I do get another lcg chassis I will probably get a set of those.
    Last edited by RynRC; 10-08-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Have fun with the builds!
    I've always wanted to build a narrow A-arm 4x4 LCG street drift rig...

RC Enthusiast
    It's a nice idea! I'm thinking in do a similar thing, but opposite: 4x4 for street (the one I have now it's almost there) and a 4x2 MT. Both with lcg.

nice. what are these blue springs?

VG Racing makes progressive springs in blue, but they look more "metallic" then the ones in the picutres:

http://www.vgracing.com/product/Slash_Springs.html

The ones in the pics look more like Losi blue...
    Last edited by Squeegie; 10-08-2015 at 09:10 PM.

RC Racer
    I will inquire and send the seller an email. He said this truck is really fast. He had to sell it because he has to many of them and not enough time. Has two children and one on the way.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    nice. what are these blue springs?
    So the seller emailed me back and confirmed that these are the progressive VG springs. He said he really likes their springs and puts them on all of his rigs. Even told me that he gets them from seller vgracing ebay. Said he prefers the extra stiffness and they work great for backyard bashing

thanks. thats what i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by RynRC View Post

Looks like you got a good deal! It's already built but you can always tear it apart and do your own thing. Traxxas products are extremely versatile in that way
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Looks like you got a good deal! It's already built but you can always tear it apart and do your own thing. Traxxas products are extremely versatile in that way
    That is one thing I like about the Traxxas products. I had a set of brand new (Traxxas Hd plastic)axles and drive shafts for my slash still in the bag and then decided to get the MIPs so I was able to use them on my sons rustler.

When I found this listing I have actually been looking for a two wheel drive LCG chassis to convert my sons Rustler. I pretty much bought it with the general parts value in mind. Tracking shows its already out for delivery today... that was faster than I expected. Also, I received a set of banditos yesterday and my second set of split six bead locs are due in today also. Next up is I want to get a good dc charger. I have been looking at the power labs and the I Chargers

Almost forgot to mention. Yesterday I got the HR transmission case for the rustler. I went with the composite gear casing and it has the aluminum motor mounting plate. I haven't put it on yet but I did transfer all the gears and bearings. Everything seems to fit really good, hopefully it will work out well
    Last edited by RynRC; 10-10-2015 at 09:31 AM.

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    you got integy...
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    you got integy...
    The integy 17mm adapters came with truck I bought. They're still new in the package. Truck has stock 12mm hexes to match the two sets of wheels it came with. I put those big trenchers on the rustler tonight. Just for a quick test run after i finished installing the Hot Racing transmission/motor mount. I definitely need to get a wheelie bar or bumper. Something to protect the rear.