RC Qualifier

Castle 2400 installed, so far so good

So I got around to putting my Castle 1415 in today. Connected to my stock VXL-3s for now, I'll upgrade eventually. Planned on posting pics but don't have anywhere to upload them to, I'll figure it out later.

Installation was a breeze. Ended up removing the screw holes from side of ESC and mounting it back in the stock location on top of a ⅜ inch thick piece of plastic I cut to fit, mounted plate with glue and ESC to it with servo tape. Planned on going up front with it but after researching more I decided to keep the leads from motor to ESC as short as possible.

Geared 18/54 with a 65c 2s top speed was 32.5, that's with XL-5 tires. Definitely not as fast as what I've been with the 3500 with 17 tooth pinion but I was very happy with the noticeable increase of punch down low. Speed runs for 20 minutes or so, highest temp on motor was 87, ESC was 92, that was a huge improvement over the 3500. Castle fan on motor, Traxxas ESC fan also. Have a 20 tooth pinion on the way. Plan on getting a 3s very soon. I'll get it out in the daylight tomorrow and do some bashing, see what the extra torque feels like jumping and flipping.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    So I got around to putting my Castle 1415 in today. Connected to my stock VXL-3s for now, I'll upgrade eventually. Planned on posting pics but don't have anywhere to upload them to, I'll figure it out later.

Installation was a breeze. Ended up removing the screw holes from side of ESC and mounting it back in the stock location on top of a ⅜ inch thick piece of plastic I cut to fit, mounted plate with glue and ESC to it with servo tape. Planned on going up front with it but after researching more I decided to keep the leads from motor to ESC as short as possible.

Geared 18/54 with a 65c 2s top speed was 32.5, that's with XL-5 tires. Definitely not as fast as what I've been with the 3500 with 17 tooth pinion but I was very happy with the noticeable increase of punch down low. Speed runs for 20 minutes or so, highest temp on motor was 87, ESC was 92, that was a huge improvement over the 3500. Castle fan on motor, Traxxas ESC fan also. Have a 20 tooth pinion on the way. Plan on getting a 3s very soon. I'll get it out in the daylight tomorrow and do some bashing, see what the extra torque feels like jumping and flipping.
    Well it's about time lol jk. Must post pics asap. Once you go 3s it's a whole different truck, you'll love every minute of it. Geared 18 like you are now if should hit right at 50mph on 3s.

RC Qualifier
    Before I got started, minus the Integy fans, man I'm glad to see those things gone.

I love my box of tools and junk, makes me feel like a mechanic.

Here it is finished up. Gotta work with the leads a little and get them where I want them. Add a little heat shrink now that I know everything is good.

Once you hit that thing with 3s you'll be looking for something to use your 2s in. I ended up buying a Rustler..lol. Looking good!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I've got a Mini Revo for my daughter's Christmas but this 2s is too big. Seems like they'd make an optional chassis to fit larger batteries in the Merv. Largest I've seen is a 2500mah but I guess two in parallel will be good enough.

RC Qualifier
    So put the 22/50 in tonight with 2s 65c. Ran mostly WOT up and down pavement with a little bit of ditch jumping for 25 minutes. Highest temp on motor was 152, ESC 133. Top speed was 41 mph. Low end torque was still amazing even with the high gearing. Really loving this 2400.