Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Wish I could find some 17mm wheels premounted, preferably with Trenchers. Thinking of trying these out, I like the looks of them and not much taller than trenchers. Just not sure how the traction will be.
    I don't much care for the ballooning, doesn't handle very well when they look like pizza cutters. I couldn't find any 2.8 tires in 17mm premounted. I got lucky finding these that the guy on eBay had for sale, even included mip adapters with it. Not sure how those would do never tried them, I like these swampers they grip very well and look aggressive as well. After I wear these out I would like too do 3.2 revolvers dyed orange with swampers mounted on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Ballooning of tires will result in higher speed. I hate ballooning its kind of hard to control a truck on ice skates going 50-60 mph down the road.
    I agree with that 100%, I can always gear back up too get my top speed back.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I realize it's not the way to get top speed, just cutting up really. Working too many dang hours lately, haven't been able to enjoy my P4de.

Yeah I realize it's not the way to get top speed, just cutting up really. Working too many dang hours lately, haven't been able to enjoy my P4de.
    Yea I plan on gearing up another tooth or too to compensate for these tires not ballooning, will try top speed with the xo-1 diff and see if that helps. It handles pretty good with these tires on the road the ballooning is very minimum even at high speeds. Got too do another test run walago, hit 49mph, also bashed for 20 min pretty hard and motor temp was 134 esc was 109

I may just leave it alone, I've only lost 2mph and I don't hit top speed anyway unless I'm on the road

My lhs let me have a bottle of diff fluid he had laying around, so went ahead and swapped out the rear diff and installed the xo-1 diff filled with 50k fluid. Also went ahead and bought parts too do the xo-1 diff up front as well while I was there. Will take it for a speed run in a little bit and see what the results are. If I still haven't gained any more mph too my top speed, then I will install the 21T pinion and see how that does.
    This looks way better than the stock

RC Qualifier
    Don't think you'll gain any speed from the differentials. If I'm not mistaken the spider gears are the same in both.

Don't think you'll gain any speed from the differentials. If I'm not mistaken the spider gears are the same in both.
    I know, I'm saying that having the diff locked like I had may have cause top speed too drop as well. If I'm still at the same speed with the xo-1 diff then that means the non ballooning of these swampers would be the only cause for my top speed loss.

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha, didn't realize that was what you meant. I'm glad your digging in to all this where I don't have to. The center diff was beginning to intrigue me too. Hope I can return the favor eventually but you're beating me to everything.

Gotcha, didn't realize that was what you meant. I'm glad your digging in to all this where I don't have to. The center diff was beginning to intrigue me too. Hope I can return the favor eventually but you're beating me to everything.
    Yea guess I should have wrote that post a little better lol no problem in doing all this testing, hoping I help other people who have the same thoughts as me. From what I've been reading I'm gonna stay away from the center diff since I'm just a basher. No need too return the favor, I just enjoy this hobby very much. Don't expect anything in return.

RC Qualifier
    I'm enjoying it too, just spending too much money at times and still don't have everything I want. It's coming together slowly though.

So did a small speed run, it's dark here so it's hard too stretch it out. Hit 50mph, will redo tmw in the daytime too confirm it for good. Thinking of throwing the 21T on their sometime soon.

I'm enjoying it too, just spending too much money at times and still don't have everything I want. It's coming together slowly though.
    I know the feeling, everytime I go too my lhs I always end up buying something else for it.

So did couple speed runs today in the daytime, and it got too 53mph, so from what I can tell having the rear diff lock can drop your top speed. After the speed runs I bashed around the yard till my battery went dead and with this 19/50 gearing temps were 139 motor and 129 esc.

RC Qualifier
    Good to know. Can't remember, which motor fan are you running? I've decided that the Castle shroud fan is more for looks than functionality. It keeps the motor cool enough during operation, I saw 120 after a 25 minute mostly WOT bash session. Problem was after I finished I sat there shooting the motor while it was cooling and it took 10 minutes to get down to 100. Haven't seen the ESC go over 100 at all, this is on 2s though. With the twin Integy setup I would get the stock 3500kv up to 140 and watch it rapidly fall below 100 within a few minutes. Guess the heatsink really works that well.

Good to know. Can't remember, which motor fan are you running? I've decided that the Castle shroud fan is more for looks than functionality. It keeps the motor cool enough during operation, I saw 120 after a 25 minute mostly WOT bash session. Problem was after I finished I sat there shooting the motor while it was cooling and it took 10 minutes to get down to 100. Haven't seen the ESC go over 100 at all, this is on 2s though. With the twin Integy setup I would get the stock 3500kv up to 140 and watch it rapidly fall below 100 within a few minutes. Guess the heatsink really works that well.
    I have the velineon fan on my esc, have a integy heatsink with a velineon fan on it as well. Had a integy fan but ran the stock 3500kv over 200 degrees and it warped the integy fan housing, so I bought another velineon fan and stuck it on my heatsink. I think heatsinks do make a good difference, I've had fans on mine since day one, some people say that fans don't do any good and that a properly geared rc shouldn't need fans. I myself will always run fans on mine. I almost bought that twin integy setup, how did you wire all 3 fans up?

RC Qualifier
    I bought a harness on eBay initially that allowed me to run both to the receiver, it didn't last very long though and one fan quit working. After that I spliced the wires from the fans into one.

I don't see the point in not running fans even if it isn't necessary at all times, just peace of mind for me. As far as the gearing spill that some people keep on a clipboard so they can paste it in any post that mentions a fan, I want to run as fast as I can. If that means adding a fan or two in order to gear it so it will fly, then that's what I'll do.

I bought a harness on eBay initially that allowed me to run both to the receiver, it didn't last very long though and one fan quit working. After that I spliced the wires from the fans into one.

I don't see the point in not running fans even if it isn't necessary at all times, just peace of mind for me. As far as the gearing spill that some people keep on a clipboard so they can paste it in any post that mentions a fan, I want to run as fast as I can. If that means adding a fan or two in order to gear it so it will fly, then that's what I'll do.
    Exactly my thoughts as well!! Put the 21T on last night, will try it out as soon as my battery gets done charging.

RC Qualifier
    I actually bashed til my battery was dying yesterday without tightening a wheel nut or breaking anything. Man it felt good. First time I've been able to do so since installing the 2400. It used to be controllable when I went WOT from a stop, not anymore. Can't wait to get a 3s.

RC Qualifier
    May try the 22/50 out today not sure. I just really hate to mess with anything when it's running this good. Not a ton of top end with the 18/54 on 2s but it has plenty of low end for jumping and flying through the yard.

May try the 22/50 out today not sure. I just really hate to mess with anything when it's running this good. Not a ton of top end with the 18/54 on 2s but it has plenty of low end for jumping and flying through the yard.
    Don't have a 22T, I doubt I leave the 21T on there unless my temps are good. I like my 19/50 gearing. Just wanting too see how fast I can get this p4de too go on 3s with the 2400kv . How much stuff you got left too do too yours?

RC Qualifier
    Still want Aluminum motor mount, 17mm wheels, XO1 differentials, Stainless screw kit, Big bore or GTR shocks and aluminum front axle carriers. Probably not all either.

Actually had most of it ordered from Tower along with a 1/16 Revo for my daughter but after my order went through they got back with me and said the Revos weren't available anymore, I got PO'ed with them and said to heck with it, spent my money on the Castle 2400. Now they have the new Revos with TSM but my $70 coupon has expired.

Still want Aluminum motor mount, 17mm wheels, XO1 differentials, Stainless screw kit, Big bore or GTR shocks and aluminum front axle carriers. Probably not all either.

Actually had most of it ordered from Tower along with a 1/16 Revo for my daughter but after my order went through they got back with me and said the Revos weren't available anymore, I got PO'ed with them and said to heck with it, spent my money on the Castle 2400. Now they have the new Revos with TSM but my $70 coupon has expired.
    Yea that's not all on your list you'll find more stuff lol dang that sucks about the revo, I just got rid of my mini revo. Their really neat rc's. Just tried the 21T, temps went up a good bit, motor was 162, esc was 151 so I will put my 19T back on it top speed was 55mph.

What 17mm adapters do you plan on going with? You have mip axles don't you?

RC Qualifier
    I plan on the Hot Racing based on some research. Yeah I have the MIP X duties, my intentions were to go with MIP adapters given the quality of the axles but I've read they can be a pain to get exactly centered.

Spur gear 50 or 52T?

I plan on the Hot Racing based on some research. Yeah I have the MIP X duties, my intentions were to go with MIP adapters given the quality of the axles but I've read they can be a pain to get exactly centered.
    I've read that myself, but I have mip adapters and they work like a charm so far were easy too install. Centering was very easy too me anyway. If they ever fail though I plan too go with hot racing ones. If you would like a pic, I can take a pic of my installed adapters after I get off work tonight.
    Last edited by GeneralPede01; 10-20-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Do you plan on building your own xo-1 diff or just buying a drop in replacement?

RC Qualifier
    Plan on just buying the drop in from Dollarhobbyz. Lot of other things I want first unless I have a differential fail then it will move up on my list.

Plan on just buying the drop in from Dollarhobbyz. Lot of other things I want first unless I have a differential fail then it will move up on my list.
    How much are the drop in replacements, I built both the front and back for mine for under 40 bucks?

RC Qualifier
    $27 each last time I looked. Plus fluid however much that is.

Dang that's a good price, their like forty a piece on eBay.

RC Qualifier
    $31.79 on Dollarhobbyz, maybe the $27 was on eBay.

$31.79 on Dollarhobbyz, maybe the $27 was on eBay.
    Is it for the complete assembly including bearings, housing, etc? Or just the diff assembled with ring gear?

RC Qualifier
    Comes just like this

Comes just like this

Ah ok, I just bought the spider gear set and diff cup. Reused my ring gear and filled it up with my own fluid.

RC Qualifier
    EBay

EBay

I couldn't find em that cheap, guess I wasn't looking hard enough.

RC Qualifier
    So put the 22/50 in last night with 2s 65c. Ran mostly WOT up and down pavement with a little bit of ditch jumping for 25 minutes. Highest temp on motor was 152, ESC 133. Top speed was 41 mph. Low end torque was still amazing even with the high gearing. Really loving this 2400.

So put the 22/50 in last night with 2s 65c. Ran mostly WOT up and down pavement with a little bit of ditch jumping for 25 minutes. Highest temp on motor was 152, ESC 133. Top speed was 41 mph. Low end torque was still amazing even with the high gearing. Really loving this 2400.
    That's not bad, glad your liking the 2400, since you can post pics now, need too post a pic of the p4de.

RC Qualifier
    I'll do it this evening. Posted one in my install thread but I have cleaned it up a little since then, the wiring I mean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast