RC Qualifier

Cool Custom Painted Telluride R/C Scale Accessories and Lights

I recently purchased a Telluride roller and now i went all out on the body, i absolutely love the way my Telluride came out, a huge improvement over my original build, added lights, painted the stock wheels and added a 5th wheel on the back, the lights are on a separate 6v power source, and added a proline roof rack with proline & Yeah Racing r/c scale accessories also had some left over accessories from my SCX10, driver and lights, steering wheel. I also upgraded the ESC to a 12v HobbyWing QuicRun 1060 ESC for the extra torque when crawling, yes i said crawling lol i do justice with independent suspension...

Last edited by GmoneyGrip; 10-16-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Last edited by GmoneyGrip; 10-16-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier

Burn it...

RC poster
    Very nice. Looking at all these builds has got me wanting to do something similar.

RC Enthusiast
    great job, What wheel/tire package do you run?
    gonecamping

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Very nice. Looking at all these builds has got me wanting to do something similar.
    I hear you bro that's how I get too
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=gonecamping;6088797]great job, What wheel/tire package do you run?[/QUOSE]

Stock Telluride wheels and tires painted flat black with Testors enamel painted beads with steel enamel
    Burn it...

RC Enthusiast
    Very nice...
    ....what is this?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBrooklyn View Post
    Very nice...
    Thank you man I appreciate it
    Burn it...

GOOD Lookin' rig ! I like all the scale details. I built a mini Summit into a semi-scaler/crawler. Yep, Traxxas' little independent suspension trucks do pretty well at rock climbing.
    You oughta make a personalized tag for it, just search "scale license plates" and you'll find instruct's.
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
    GOOD Lookin' rig ! I like all the scale details. I built a mini Summit into a semi-scaler/crawler. Yep, Traxxas' little independent suspension trucks do pretty well at rock climbing.
    You oughta make a personalized tag for it, just search "scale license plates" and you'll find instruct's.
    Thank you man i appreciate it, and thumbs up on searching "scale license plates" found a cool site that has 80's NY plates that you can personalize its awesome
    Burn it...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    I recently purchased a Telluride roller and now i went all out on the body, i absolutely love the way my Telluride came out, a huge improvement over my original build, added lights, painted the stock wheels and added a 5th wheel on the back, the lights are on a separate 6v power source, and added a proline roof rack with proline & Yeah Racing r/c scale accessories also had some left over accessories from my SCX10, driver and lights, steering wheel. I also upgraded the ESC to a 12v HobbyWing QuicRun 1060 ESC for the extra torque when crawling, yes i said crawling lol i do justice with independent suspension...

Those toys in the background look a little more enjoyable. :P
    P2de VXL
    T-Maxx Classic
    Rusty SW3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Booins View Post
    Those toys in the background look a little more enjoyable. :P
    LOL they sure are!!! but everything has its place r/c time is also fun time
    Burn it...

RC Racer
    I really like everything you did,very cool!
    The 12t titan won't get more torque with the 3s lipo and the 12 volt esc than it did with the xl5 esc and nihm battery it came with. Under load the 12t will not draw more amps from the lipo than it did with the original nihm battery,its torque will be the same as before. The 12t 550 will only handle 8.4 volts,not the 11.1 volts from the 3s lipo,it will burn out.
    The Titan 550 (21 turn) Emax motor will handle 14.1 volts. Having 21 turns instead of the 12 turns of the 12t 550 you will have a lot more torque and it won't burn out on your 11.1 volt 3s lipo.
    Last edited by powerpickle; 11-29-2015 at 09:30 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpickle View Post
    I really like everything you did,very cool!
    The 12t titan won't get more torque with the 3s lipo and the 12 volt esc than it did with the xl5 esc and nihm battery it came with. Under load the 12t will not draw more amps from the lipo than it did with the original nihm battery,its torque will be the same as before. The 12t 550 will only handle 8.4 volts,not the 11.1 volts from the 3s lipo,it will burn out.
    The Titan 550 (21 turn) Emax motor will handle 14.1 volts. Having 21 turns instead of the 12 turns of the 12t 550 you will have a lot more torque and it won't burn out on your 11.1 volt 3s lipo.
    I have to disagree the extra voltage gives you extra power period. and i know they burn out ive bought over 20 titan 550's lol. try it yourself, if you have a regular xl5 not the slim xl5 compare a 2s vs 3s
    Burn it...

RC Racer
    I have to disagree the extra voltage gives you extra power period. and i know they burn out ive bought over 20 titan 550's lol. try it yourself, if you have a regular xl5 not the slim xl5 compare a 2s vs 3s
    Actually it does provided that the extra voltage doesn't exceed what the motor can handle. (of course the esc has to handle that as well) we're talking about the motor. If the motor can handle 11.1 but it only receives 7.2,you will have less power.
    I was talking about the pictures posted. You will see that there is a 12t (volt rating of 8.4) at full throttle it will be getting 11.1 which is over its rating. That extra voltage will have the motor spin at a higher rpm but not more power,I didn't say that it would either.
    If it gets more voltage continuously that it can handle,it will wear out faster than if it only receives the amount that it is rated for.

RC Qualifier
    Actually it does provided that the extra voltage doesn't exceed what the motor can handle. (of course the esc has to handle that as well) we're talking about the motor. If the motor can handle 11.1 but it only receives 7.2,you will have less power.
    I was talking about the pictures posted. You will see that there is a 12t (volt rating of 8.4) at full throttle it will be getting 11.1 which is over its rating. That extra voltage will have the motor spin at a higher rpm but not more power,I didn't say that it would either.
    If it gets more voltage continuously that it can handle,it will wear out faster than if it only receives the amount that it is rated for.
    I agree with everything you said but even at low crawling speed it seems to have more power i would love to measure the power output at diffrent loads of voltage but dont know how lol
    Burn it...

RC Racer
    It will because of throttle position. Same amount of throttle travel will likely have more voltage flowing from the 3S than a 2S.
    A volt meter between the ESC and motor should work telling you what voltage your getting throughout the throttle travel. Obviously at neutral the voltage will be zero and full throttle will be the voltage of the battery. Putting a load on the motor won't change the voltage such holding it while the tires spin on dirt,what will change is the amp draw of the motor based on load and the 12T 550 will only draw X amount (no more than 14 amps continuos)no matter how much the battery can supply.
    Last edited by powerpickle; 12-17-2015 at 10:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It will because of throttle position. Same amount of throttle travel will likely have more voltage flowing from the 3S than a 2S.
    A volt meter between the ESC and motor should work telling you what voltage your getting throughout the throttle travel. Obviously at neutral the voltage will be zero and full throttle will be the voltage of the battery. Putting a load on the motor won't change the voltage such holding it while the tires spin on dirt,what will change is the amp draw of the motor based on load and the 12T 550 will only draw X amount (no more than 14 amps continuos)no matter how much the battery can supply.
    Gotcha!!! now i wana try measuring it... but that makes sense the motor wont draw more amps than it was built to, so you're saying the higher voltage will give me more rpms in hence more top speed but will not have more torque than the motor can handle bc of amp limitation
    Burn it...

RC Racer
    Gotcha!!! now i wana try measuring it... but that makes sense the motor wont draw more amps than it was built to, so you're saying the higher voltage will give me more rpms in hence more top speed but will not have more torque than the motor can handle bc of amp limitation
    Yes,if you feed the 12t that has a rating of 8.4 volts,20 volts it will spin faster but it will heat up because that is way over its rating.The main source of heat comes from a constant load on the motor and amp draw,driving up hill vs down hill,that is where gearing comes into play,the harder it works the more energy is needed and spent.The 12T has a torque rating that won't ever exceed its design,it won't ever draw more than 14 amps constantly even if the battery can supply 9,000 amps because of its design.Example,take a toy car motor designed to run on 3 volts and hook a 9v battery to the leads,it will spin a lot faster but will heat up and eventually burn out. Something I left out earlier to be simple is that when a motor draws amps depending on load,the nominal voltage of the battery will drop and then return when there isn't a load. This is the same thing that happens when starting a car. On initial acceleration of your RC,the volts will drop as amps are drawn and then rise back up when a set speed is reached and load levels out. There will be less load on the motor and less amp draw when maintaining a set speed on flat ground versus up hill or down hill. Basically,if I swapped your 3s and esc for a 2s or the 8.4v nimh and an xl5 without you knowing,you won't notice a difference in torque when running the 12t motor because there won't be.

RC Qualifier
    Yes,if you feed the 12t that has a rating of 8.4 volts,20 volts it will spin faster but it will heat up because that is way over its rating.The main source of heat comes from a constant load on the motor and amp draw,driving up hill vs down hill,that is where gearing comes into play,the harder it works the more energy is needed and spent.The 12T has a torque rating that won't ever exceed its design,it won't ever draw more than 14 amps constantly even if the battery can supply 9,000 amps because of its design.Example,take a toy car motor designed to run on 3 volts and hook a 9v battery to the leads,it will spin a lot faster but will heat up and eventually burn out. Something I left out earlier to be simple is that when a motor draws amps depending on load,the nominal voltage of the battery will drop and then return when there isn't a load. This is the same thing that happens when starting a car. On initial acceleration of your RC,the volts will drop as amps are drawn and then rise back up when a set speed is reached and load levels out. There will be less load on the motor and less amp draw when maintaining a set speed on flat ground versus up hill or down hill. Basically,if I swapped your 3s and esc for a 2s or the 8.4v nimh and an xl5 without you knowing,you won't notice a difference in torque when running the 12t motor because there won't be.
    Thank you for clarifying it for me you learn something new everyday lol
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    a bump for everyone who hasnt seen this work of art
    Burn it...

RC Racer
    Great looking Telluride.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd View Post
    Great looking Telluride.
    I appreciate it thank you
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Recently added a Light Bar thats insane bright and bought a Telluride ProGraphix body, painted it racing green, got it for bashing

Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Hey bro just wana say thanks again for the heads up on the plates i appreciate it and here's some pics of the plates i printed...

Burn it...

Sweet!! Lady Liberty looks good on there. I've seen her in person from both shores.
    Looks nice, bud.
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet!! Lady Liberty looks good on there. I've seen her in person from both shores.
    Looks nice, bud.
    Lol she does look good on that Telluride thanks again bro!!!
    Burn it...

RC Qualifier
    Because of PhotoBucket all of Our Build Threads have been ruined they should be ashamed of themselves Hy-jacking our photos and then ask for $500 to get them back SMH... So I Built a Website that has all my Builds on there whoever wants to see the pictures please click on the link below!

https://theworldoftraxxas.shutterfly.com/
    Burn it...