RC Enthusiast

Receiver Help Please

Just recently was running my slash 4x4 and then the whole car just dies, as i come up on the vehicle the esc is on but no steering and no throttle, the receiver light is blinking red, then I disconnect and reconnect battery, power up, everything fine, then I run for a bit then it does the same thing, sometimes I will be running it and it cuts in and out, then dies. Thinking either antenna wire solder joint is coming loose, or receiver is going bad, any thoughts, thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    Did u try transmitter batteries?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by K Money View Post
    Did u try transmitter batteries?
    yes, forgot to mention that.

RC Qualifier
    Ok sorry I have overlooked that before. Well the blinking red light is loss of signal. Did u open up the receiver box?

RC Enthusiast
    i opened it and everthing is good and connected, i figure since I loose all function its a receiver issue cause, if it was a loose esc connection would get no throttle and no steering would have loose steering servo connection, so i am thinking the receiver antenna connection is bad. gonna split the receiver box and take a look i think

RC Enthusiast
    Dose it stop the same distants away every time or is it random? It might be that some thing connected is drawing to much power causing it to die.

RC Enthusiast
    distance doesnt matter, all i have connected is traxxas motor 2400, 4 pole velineon esc and motor fan, been flawless for 4 months and all of sudden today, started happening,

RC Racer
    Try disconnect the rest of connector except channel 3, maybe a short in wire somewhere. I just having problem with mine that quick connect link cause my servo messed up.

May I ask if you have three fans on your truck? I have had this happen to me because of too many fans. Is it frozen in place?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    May I ask if you have three fans on your truck? I have had this happen to me because of too many fans. Is it frozen in place?
    1 motor fan

So this is happening even with new fresh batteries in the transmitter? As you dic not respond yo that.

Wiyh nee batteries, re calibrate your system and see if it happens again.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    So this is happening even with new fresh batteries in the transmitter? As you dic not respond yo that.

Wiyh nee batteries, re calibrate your system and see if it happens again.
    earlier post states yes i tried new batteries, but yes I will try recalibrating my system. thanks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mbztech88 View Post
    Just recently was running my slash 4x4 and then the whole car just dies, as i come up on the vehicle the esc is on but no steering and no throttle, the receiver light is blinking red, then I disconnect and reconnect battery, power up, everything fine, then I run for a bit then it does the same thing, sometimes I will be running it and it cuts in and out, then dies. Thinking either antenna wire solder joint is coming loose, or receiver is going bad, any thoughts, thanks in advance
    sounds like you have a bad servo, test the truck with just playing with your steering and see if it does the same thing.

RC Enthusiast
    update, replace receiver still having same issue, thinking radio is not sending signal intermintently, radio has new batteries, rebinded system, sometimes will be running full throttle and you here the truck lose signal then start up again off and on, then no signal at all, unless esc or steering servo causing a glitch. also do i possibly need a bec or glitch buster, my system is traxxas et 2400 motor with castle fan, 4 pole vlx-3s speed control and an common sense steering servo. everything ran fine till about 3 weeks after i installed the 2400 motor, may servo drawing to much power or fan as causing issue.
    Last edited by mbztech88; 11-06-2015 at 01:08 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would suspect the servo first

Do you have your LiPo's power lines passing over your receiver box?
    If you do, it can interfere with the radio signals...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    No wires passing over, any of you experience the actual radio losing signal, or is my receiver maybe being robbed of power from servo or esc. Cause when i lose control esc and fan are on and receiver is blinking red like no radio signal. Then i turn the car of and back on then it starts running again. But then loses signal again when running. Thx for advance

RC Racer
    I'm having the same problem with my TQ1 Almost the same exact problem. Frustrating My old transmitter and controller were bullet proof. I have problems ever since trying to use the newer stuff Already have burned up a tsm receiver. Frustrating too I'm in the process of building out a R/c track in my front yard. Tracks great now if I can just keep my cars running......

RC poster
    Is there any solution found for this? I'm struggling with the same issue.