Thread: Xo-1 problems!

RC Competitor

Post Xo-1 problems!

My XO-1 finally arrived today!!!! Its really fast and study, however, I have already noticed some problems.

How do I make it drive straight? It seems when I hit the throttle a bit harder, it starts doing spins....and no, I wasn't hitting the throttle like crazy. My Slash 4x4 can take off straight even when I hit the trigger all the way down. Another problem I have is that it makes a scraping sound when I hit the brakes and/or steer. I have tried raising it by adjusting the shocks, but the settings are very limited. I have seen people driving the XO-1 without all these problems. Are there some things I need to adjust?

BTW, it there a way to adjust the shocks without taking the whole front of the car out? This is my first on-road car, so I need a lot of help!
    Last edited by theunliked; 10-17-2015 at 12:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Research this forum. Your questions have been answered multiple times. The XO-1 has a lot more power than a Slash.
    XO-1 #4...

Basically, Mr. Bringit is being polite, and saying you need to exercise a little bit better throttle control.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Ease into the throttle more. Gf you have a castle link card, adjust the punch control to somewhere around 70%. Try using thicker shock oil, stiffer springs or both. You can just take the shocks off the car, you don't need to take the whole fri t end off to service the shocks

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the replies. I have a real problem with the motor now. I have got something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADi85kHpUA&safe=active

I actually opened up the motor and found that the shaft was disattached from magnet. I super glued it back together and it worked for one run, then came loose again. I sent Traxxas an email about it. They replied telling me to send it to them for fixing, which costs $120 for the repairs (not including postage). Is there any other way? Is it possible to just buy the shaft and magnet and install it manually?

RC Qualifier
    Castle doesn't sell a replacement rotor assembly, so your only options are to send the motor in to Traxxas and pay the $120, or look on eBay for a new castle 1717 motor, which will probably be a little bit more than $120, around $160

RC Competitor
    Are there any upgrades compatible with the MME? I might as well upgrade while I'm at it. I took a look around and it seems like this motor is the most powerful.
    Last edited by theunliked; 10-21-2015 at 02:11 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by theunliked View Post
    Are there any upgrades compatible with the MME? I might as well upgrade while I'm at it. I took a look around and it seems like this motor is the most powerful.
    I have found that these motors are better. I have the 2650 in my rally/slash and it out performs the castle 2650. Runs cooler even after more passes.
    http://poseidonrc.com/brushless-motor.html?m

RC Qualifier
    Are those poseidon motors actually that good? Do they seem like re-made castle motors? I'm kinda digging them 🏼

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx Racer View Post
    Are those poseidon motors actually that good? Do they seem like re-made castle motors? I'm kinda digging them ��
    Here's what I've experienced so far. Kv against kv in this case 2650 same gearing same batteries. I can run my batteries down to storage voltage with temps on the Poseidon motor at 155f. Castle I can only get a few passes in and temps are 170+. Speed wise Poseidon I've hit over 100 once I hit 112. Other 2650 I got 97. It might of hit 100 if it didn't take flight right in spot of where I was standing. Even though it took flight at my standing point. The Poseidon is well over 100 when it gets to me. I have a few videos in my thread in the rally section. This P2650 compared to the castle 2200 same thing temps are lower. Maybe it's because the castle 2650 is rated for 4s and the Poseidon is rated for 6s. But still the 2200 is rated for 6s and poseidon still out performs. I plan on building another traxxas speed run vehicle and put either the Poseidon 2200 or 1500-1700 paired with the XLX when it comes out and run 6-8s

RC Competitor
    Is the xo-1's 1717 better than all of castle creation's 1/8th scale motors in terms of performance? I also heard that the Leopard 5682 is a good motor.
    Last edited by theunliked; 10-22-2015 at 02:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Leopard 5682 is by far the best I've tried with my xo... I have two... Both modified to the maximum... One is. With the 1717 on 6s... The other is with the 5682 on 8s... I do 110s with the leopard easily... Only issue is any mistake and the car wipes out... Other than that... Both setups have been bullet proof...

RC Competitor
    What about the 5682 on 6s? Have you tried that? What gear ratio and temps? Is the torque ok?

RC Qualifier
    At 1350 kv nothing less than 8s... Ratio is 29/46... Torque is nothing less than ridiculous... You cannot pull the trigger and keep straight... Yuh gotta feather that baby on smooth straight road... Greater than 100mph on 8s easy... That said... Your car has to be high speed ready... No slop... And balanced...

RC Competitor
    Does it fit without mods?

RC Qualifier
    Will need castle creations xl2 esc and special motor mount made by highgear rc on flea bay... If you use a bigger spur gear then shock tower mount may need to be flipped... Otherwise if you stick to what I recommended... You will be golden... The performance difference is like night and day... Motor fits snug but without mods to chassis etc

Check
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...Worth-Building
    Last edited by XO-1 MD; 10-28-2015 at 09:19 PM.

RC poster
    The won't warranty a 2 week old motor?

RC Competitor
    I bought it second-hand, and warranty was out.