RC Racer

Center drive shaft wobble - FIXED

I crashed the Slash. Broke the chassis and bend the center driver shaft. I'm not sure how much the center drive shaft was vibrating before, but I was very noticeable after the repairs. There was a tiny little wobble in the slipper causing the center drive shaft to vibrate alot. I thought maybe the crash did some damage to the input shaft, drive hub, bearing adapter, or bearing. Replacing all those parts didn't fixed the problem. The only other solution I could think of was to support the center drive shaft similar to the XO1.

So here it goes:

Cut away the middle part of the center bearing carrier (TRA6457) and glue them together. 2 bearings (TRA5120) is also needed.

Loctite Super Glue Pro does it again.

24hrs later. Voila. Problem fixed. No more vibration. After a month of waiting for parts, the slash is back on the road again.

RC Qualifier
    Interesting fix and it looks like will do the job. Let us know how it holds up.
    slash 4x4

Man! I love that glue! It gets the job done! I have had great success with the Super Glue Professional Liquid and will continue to use it. Nice mod! It looks like you may be have created something great!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!