RC Racer

Has anyone experienced this ? (Pic)

By the time I finished a 2 pack bash my right front toe-out was as you see it in the picture, there doesn't seem to be anything visably bent or out of place...any ideas what's going on here gang ?

I'd check your toe links in the front, some times if you hit something hard enough it can "stuff" the links into the plastic rod ends. I've had it happen a few times on my Summit. Hope this helps!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

are them 2.8 or 2.2 trenchers
    Slash sct3, nitro rustler

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've had samething happen as wolfslash

I normally re set the link from a point where they canall be turned from the same point and make small adujstements untill they are simmetrical.
    Live life to the fullest

Those are 2.8s.

Good luck getting it back to normal!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Those are 2.8s.

Good luck getting it back to normal! :thumb up:
    LOL, you're not inspiring much confidence Squeegie, do you know something you're not telling me ?

The links had the same gap between them and toe-out was brought back to where it needed to be but the right hand link rod looks to be near the end of it's threading, not sure what I'm missing here fellas, very puzzling…nothing is bent.

Sorry... I didn't mean "good luck" to come off in a negative sarcastic way, I meant it in a good way!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Sorry... I didn't mean "good luck" to come off in a negative sarcastic way, I meant it in a good way! :thumb up:

OK now I feel a tad better. I'm just gonna completely disassemble all the front end components for a closer look, not much else I can do really, something is clearly tweaked I'm just not seeing.

RC Champion
    Any chance you broke an A-arm? I've had it break and pull out enough to add a bunch of toe out but still drive able.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by OSU Beaver 99 View Post
    Any chance you broke an A-arm? I've had it break and pull out enough to add a bunch of toe out but still drive able.
    I don't think I did Beaver, I'll report my findings once I tear it apart…thanks

I have had it happen. You just have to reset the front end alignment. That 8s not the easiest thing to do but you can do it!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have had it happen. You just have to reset the front end alignment. That 8s not the easiest thing to do but you can do it!
    yup , just some readjustment needed . just replaced a few of the rod ends on mine , cutting corners too tight on the track tweaked mine .

Just to be clear on the Pro line Trenchers, they're NOT 2.8's. They're 2.2/3.0 short course style rims and tires....

Also, check and see if any of the pins/screws in the C hubs are bent, when that happens is can cause some weird camber, toe, and some times even castor issues. Good luck!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    A quick inspection of the outside hinge pin and c-hub hardware didn't show any signs of damage, I'll completely disassemble the front for a more detailed inspection soon.

RC Racer
    Throwing up my hands on this one fellas, completely disassembled the front end and I didn't find anything bent or out of place, just gonna chalk it up to RC steering gremlins and call it a day. Thanks for the feedback gang, much appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Check out the steering bellcrank, maybe it its tweaked.
    slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowninja View Post
    Check out the steering bellcrank, maybe it its tweaked.
    Thought about doing that for a second today but ended up changing the lube in both differentials...I'll go over the bell crank tomorrow, have to install the Avid bearings anyway.

Replace your bearings, straighten the alignment and enjoy your truck! You can't explain everything. Go and take it for a spin !
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    The one wheel toe-out after a bash session seems to be gone, I adjusted back to normal and bashed the snot out of it with no issues.

I also replaced my X-Duty's (for sale) with Traxxas rubber booted CVD's all around...definitely a little snappier and the lighter weight is friendlier to my diffs...just thought I'd toss this in here although off topic.

RC Racer
    Check your hinge pins on your right front...my rpm arms split at the holes for the hinge pins

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by drick2004 View Post
    Check your hinge pins on your right front...my rpm arms split at the holes for the hinge pins
    Hinge pins and a-arms are fine, I was running the stock pins when this happened, I'm now running Lunsford titanium.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you did as wolf slash suggested and only stuffed the rod in on one ball end then when you re-adjusted the link the other side was over extended. Screw both ball ends till they bottom out on the link and install then adjust toe. Both ends should have an even thread showing on your link.
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

RC Racer
    This issue turned out to be a very easy fix. I removed my toe turnbuckles and got them back to a matching width and then removed the servo arm and adjusted the short servo turnbuckle and it all came back to square and perfect.

I believe the front linkage was misaligned from the factory, my steering was never the same left to right, tight turns one way but no the other, it now turns both left and right equally.

Looking at the bellcrank linkage from underneath you'll want to see an equal portion of the toe links inside mounting points as seen in this pic...do that and you're good to go.

RC Racer
    I beat the heck out of my truck today and woohoo, finally perfect steering in both directions with a nice tight turning radius and no servo arms hitting anything, the toe stayed where it was set and all is well.

My last 2 upgrades will arrive Monday and I'm done, Savox metal gear set for the 2075 and the HR bellcrank, this truck is already bulletproof and these last 2 mods will make it even more so.

Thanks to all who have helped me get it where it is today, couldn't have done it without you…at least not as quickly as I did with no wasted purchases, you guys rock.