RC Racer

Running Revo in colder temps

As we near the end of October, I was wandering what people do to run their trucks in the colder temps and possibly snow? Do you still tune by temperature? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    DCB M41 Snapon

Look further down in this forum for my post called "Snow!"
    Good times don't just happen.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothie7 View Post
    As we near the end of October, I was wandering what people do to run their trucks in the colder temps and possibly snow? Do you still tune by temperature? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    ------> `~{NEVER TUNE BY TEMP}~` <------

clear enough? YES, we enjoy our hobby even when snow falls, how ever you NEVER tune by temp, its a good reference point however NEVER EVER tune by temp, that being said, you will need to richen your engine to tune in the winter (air is thinner,so more fuel is needed), if temps are to low, there are a few tricks and tips for raising the temp of the engine WITH OUT changing the tune, like putting foil around the engine or a sock(still breaths well). use water proof servos and put your rx in a balloon or cling wrap to protect it.

but one last thing to remember is to NEVER tune by temp. a properly tuned 3.3 will run between 220-270 safely thats why temp tunning is something you do NOT want to do but simply check the temps to be sure your within that range.

happy bashing
    Last edited by mxaustin; 10-29-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx