24mm splined wheel hexes
    Wheel hexes retained with a clip
    17mm hex on outside of wheel
    Sealed, silicone fluid-filled diffs
    Splined outdrives attached with external thru-bolt method
    Heavy-duty fan-cooled slipper clutch
    Fully machined aluminum stub axles
    Splined aluminum center driveshaft

Hope wheelie bar available as an accessory.
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    OK I'm biased...

Where's the Nitro version?
    RIGHT?!?!?! were always at the bottem of the list!
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

Quote Originally Posted by mxaustin View Post
    RIGHT?!?!?! were always at the bottem of the list!
    Nowa days, way of the market.....

I amthinking of more then 6s, with xl2 and 2028 or 1717....
    This in a roller would be also awsome, that selfrightning feature is interesting.
    Live life to the fullest

Kind of odd that it wasn't noted on the Latest Product Release page first. Happy for traxxas that it's blowing up the board, though! You can't say there is a lack of interest.
    Good times don't just happen.

I like it, but, this is not a Maxx, this is a Stampede 4x4 made bigger. Does not have anything related to the Maxx series. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but is not a Maxx, doesn't deserve that name.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Enthusiast
    I'd be interested to see if this new X-Maxx is able to challenge the 1/5-scale Losi® 5IVE-T™ 4WD. We need a comparison to see who the real king of the beasts truly is.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewrench View Post
    I'd be interested to see if this new X-Maxx is able to challenge the 1/5-scale Losi® 5IVE-T™ 4WD. We need a comparison to see who the real king of the beasts truly is.
    losi will never get the title stripped away, dont get me wrong its cool in all but losi is built to race.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    video from rc car action: http://youtu.be/PXlVGYtvtxE
    Amazing...........

RC Enthusiast
    Is this bigger than the axial Yeti XL?

Is this bigger than the axial Yeti XL?
    Yup it is.

RC Enthusiast
    Two different class of RC... The 5ive-T is a racer and very good at it... The X-Maxx is geared toward a different hobbyist group and I'm sure it will hold it's own in it's respective lane.

Quote Originally Posted by mxaustin View Post
    losi will never get the title stripped away, dont get me wrong its cool in all but losi is built to race.
    +2 Could not have said it better
    Last edited by Double G; 10-30-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: merge
    X-MAXX,5SC,6ix,5ive-T,BAJA-REY,SCORE,RR10,VEKTA.5

Bad move with the servo, we're stuck with this new design.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I like it, but, this is not a Maxx, this is a Stampede 4x4 made bigger. Does not have anything related to the Maxx series. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but is not a Maxx, doesn't deserve that name.
    I think you are right, it is more based on the pede than the maxx.

RC Enthusiast
    Man oh Man! I'm super pumped! The T-Maxx and E-Maxx were never large enough for me for monster trucks, the Savage XL was not very appealing to my eyes, The CEN... was too afraid of parts support and the XXL2 Electric... Eeerrrr... just looked funky.... Now this! This is what I have been waiting for.... I knew I was holding out for something! December can't get here quick enough!
    X-MAXX,5SC,6ix,5ive-T,BAJA-REY,SCORE,RR10,VEKTA.5

RC Qualifier
    Holy snap that thing is huge twice the size of both my E-Maxxes. The body got that mean look on it and that's what makes it cool. Love to get one, but I think I need a bigger work space for that .

One interested thing I read and seen a clip about the X-Maxx that if it flipped over you simply press a button on the controller to make it get back on its wheel on most cases, so I'm curious on how it works, some kind of gyro system? IDK I love science, but that's too much science for me to understand .

What's next on Traxxas's list? If there is one 1:5 r/c on their lineup, there maybe another one coming or not, who knows?

Maybe a X-Revo?
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome truck.... And very good and usufull new technomogies.
    The best mix of e revo,e maxx and a stempede.

Traxxas...a very innovate compagny.

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I'll bet it costs a thousand dollars. Lol

Seems more like a hYOOOOge monster truck slash or pede 4x4 than a maxx. But that isn't a complaint. I love the three piece "modular" design and the transmissionless design.

I was about to pull the trigger on a yeti kit. Now maybe I'll wait...haha.

On another note, there is about to be a lot of stuff up for sale in the MP!
    Actually, to my understanding it's. $800.00 USD
    \4$4

Cool truck but I lost interest at TSM.
    It seems like technology is getting to the point of taking all the fun out of rc.
    Don't get me wrong, the rig is wicked awesome, just to many things I'd rather be in control of.
    I've tried TSM and AVC, neither appeal to me.
    I'm just one man and sure the truck will sell millions, it is super cool.
    I guess I'm just old fashion, I still like to drive my rc rather then have a computer chip steer it and if I flip it over I need the exercise to go flip it back.

Am I impressed, how can you not be, the thing is awesome.
    Would I buy one, no more then I would a losi 5T.
    In short, excellent job Traxxas, just not for me.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

@billy: TSM has nothing to do with the truck itself. Just turn it off.

The self straighten mechanims is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Cool truck but I lost interest at TSM.
    It seems like technology is getting to the point of taking all the fun out of rc.
    Don't get me wrong, the rig is wicked awesome, just to many things I'd rather be in control of.
    I've tried TSM and AVC, neither appeal to me.
    I'm just one man and sure the truck will sell millions, it is super cool.
    I guess I'm just old fashion, I still like to drive my rc rather then have a computer chip steer it and if I flip it over I need the exercise to go flip it back.

Am I impressed, how can you not be, the thing is awesome.
    Would I buy one, no more then I would a losi 5T.
    In short, excellent job Traxxas, just not for me.
    I agree with the TSM part. It's a great feature for new guys, and it can be nice on crazy slick surfaces like ice and snow, but for the most part I'd rather not have it, and that's why I'm glad I can turn it off.

People on the URC forums are complaining about how the servo looks, how the motor isn't bigger (lol really?) and the 17mm hexs. (they haven't realized it's actually 24mm) Gotta love the anti Traxxas guys, they nick pick the tinniest details to make things look bad.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Bad move with the servo, we're stuck with this new design.
    i am sure someone will come up with an adapter.
    I have an RC problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    OK I'm biased...

Where's the Nitro version?
    You mean "gas-powered" version!
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

RC Qualifier
    Kinda makes me feel bummed out looking at my erbe but yeah i like the idea of the truck i can already see possible problems with the design of the truck at least for my liking. That chassis has to be extremely stiff so that the center shaft doesnt bend like in a slash 4x4 and i dont really like the no body clip design i think this will make it harder to put a after market body on it but the biggest problem for me would be the battery life they arent going to last very long but i can see a gas powered one in the future it would be such a waste if they didnt. But overall its alot of truck for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSRT8 View Post
    You mean "gas-powered" version!
    G-Maxx (Gas-Maxx)
    F-Maxx (Fuelie-Maxx)
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I agree with the TSM part. It's a great feature for new guys, and it can be nice on crazy slick surfaces like ice and snow, but for the most part I'd rather not have it, and that's why I'm glad I can turn it off.

People on the URC forums are complaining about how the servo looks, how the motor isn't bigger (lol really?) and the 17mm hexs. (they haven't realized it's actually 24mm) Gotta love the anti Traxxas guys, they nick pick the tinniest details to make things look bad.
    It is great that you can turn it off, this is for sure, people bash around with it to long and forget how to drive their rigs.
    As far as the Traxxas bashers let them have there fun, we know traxxas rocks and I'll bet in the back of there heads they know it as well.
    There are different things because we all like something different.
    I love my sc10, on the track it kicks butt, try to beat it like a traxxas and you wont have to charge more then one battery.
    IMHO Traxxas builds the toughest rc trucks on the market, admittedly I haven't tried every rig on the market but I love and will continue to be a traxxas man.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post

It did seem like it lacked a little pep in that video. But there's no telling how hard he was pushing it.

I wonder how that vxl1600 compares to the castle 1717.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 10-30-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Holy moly !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Nowa days, way of the market.....

I amthinking of more then 6s, with xl2 and 2028 or 1717....
    This in a roller would be also awsome, that selfrightning feature is interesting.
    The new XLX is suppose to come out in dec. It'll replace the xl2 that would be sweet set up in this monster

The shocks look like they will fit nicely in my volvo s60.

I know what I'm asking Santa for this year.
    Bashes well with others
    Rusty's & Revo's

RC Qualifier
    was looking to do a fun waterproof 1/5 sized lightweight vehicle again. had a converted savage flux 1/5 that was quite fun, just can kick myself for selling it.

Anyway, really like this, however, can someone confirm if the servo is actually plastic geared? For some reason I am getting that impression and with it being integrated into the chassis like it is, may make it a harder sell for me.

New Traxxas truck, the X-Maxx!

Considering that all traxxas servos have plastic gears I would say yes, but just a guess, it has 365oz of torque not bad.
    Last edited by NFS; 10-30-2015 at 05:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    hopefully something is done to allow a different servo here. Have some killer power ones in the 500oz range wouldn't mind using.

I am probably going to preorder one of these monsters! I always wanted a 1/5 scale rc and the fact that it has the torque of electric makes it even better!
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC poster
    I recently started researching some 1/8 scales as my Christmas present to myself. I was in the process of deciding between a summit, e revo bl, hpi salvage flux, or Cen gst-e colossus. Then I saw this new release.

I own a vxl stampede 4x4, and a telluride, whuch i do not abuse. the reason I'm skeptical about the new xmax is because of what I suspect to be traxxas's business strategy.*

You can easily identify a truck's weekness by looking at the available upgraded accessories sold by traxxas.*

From my experience, why aren't aluminum shock caps standard when the stock ones keep popping out? Why aren't the the alluminium slipper adapter standard when the plastic one gets deformed in no time? Why use plastic rear axles when they only last about 5 packs on lipo?

Will that be the case with this truck? Convince me traxxas.

Nb: my brother buys hpi, he has a bullet flux which he abuses a lot and didn't have to upgrade anything. The truck just performs really well without additional upgrades. Will this truck be as reliable out of the box?

I feel traxxas has made a good move with this truck, looks sweet and the price isn't as bad as I thought it would be. only bad thing I see is it looks VERY proprietary.. which does suck, but pretty sure people will come out with adapters. Top speed seems kinda low (8s might help) and the snap release chassis worries me.. The self righting system looks sweet, just uses torque to flip it over, no added weight, simple.

Overall looks like a good truck.
    Two stroke smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    The new XLX is suppose to come out in dec. It'll replace the xl2 that would be sweet set up in this monster
    Thank you so much, been waiting on this info for some time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Thank you so much, been waiting on this info for some time.
    No problem. It was suppose to be out end of this month. Then it got pushed to dec. I hope it does

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon_4 View Post
    I feel traxxas has made a good move with this truck, looks sweet and the price isn't as bad as I thought it would be. only bad thing I see is it looks VERY proprietary.. which does suck, but pretty sure people will come out with adapters. Top speed seems kinda low (8s might help) and the snap release chassis worries me.. The self righting system looks sweet, just uses torque to flip it over, no added weight, simple.

Overall looks like a good truck.
    Why are you worried about the chassis design? Works fantastic on my slashes.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Competitor
    Quote from rccaraction

"With its self-righting technology, which flips the truck over using the inertia of its wheels. If you flip the X-Maxx, the Traxxas Stability Management system will understand that the truck is upside-down and enable the self-righting system. To activate it, hold the transmitter’s SET button. The X-Maxx will automatically alternate between forward and reverse throttle to rock the truck back and forth until it flips back over—three or four cycles usually does the trick."

Since this is a TSM function, I hope Traxxas makes it available for other vehicles too equipped with TSM receivers. I am pretty sure this will be a firmware upgrade for the TSM rx. Or maybe an option in the link app for the Xmaxx only...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast