Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    Not really roll bars I think, if you stop the video posted above look at the spot from the rear window to the tire well and you will see two bars. Most likely for show and maybe help with the cab on roll overs.
    They provide a better look to the truck, more pro like I think!

Reviewed the release video again from RC car action....

Picked up on the fact the X-MAXX is supported upside down resting on the "shock tower" chassis extensions, another point making it easier to work on! Awesome!

X-MAXX tires, they do have a little grip on the sidewalls.

RC poster
    The only problem i see here is the SPEED:35mph.. Where we have been given toys for about 65+mph ..
    degradation to half of this speed is really a matter which will be next to bother the new buyers.

Buyers will buy the truck initially and in matter of 2-3 weeks will jump for motor and gear upgrades .. 100%ly

Taking a quick list at the X-Maxx parts list, using the tallest stock Pinion (18T) and Spur (46T) offered, you can theoretically bring this up to 50MPH. (UPDATED A FEW POSTS DOWN)
    Last edited by NBViper; 11-18-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    Taking a quick list at the X-Maxx parts list, using the tallest stock Pinion (18T) and Spur (46T) offered, you can theoretically bring this up to 50MPH.
    What about those folks wanting to reduce speed for better crawling through rough stuff? What would be a good Pinion / Spur combination for this?

Quote Originally Posted by vampireee View Post
    The only problem i see here is the SPEED:35mph.. Where we have been given toys for about 65+mph ..
    degradation to half of this speed is really a matter which will be next to bother the new buyers.

Buyers will buy the truck initially and in matter of 2-3 weeks will jump for motor and gear upgrades .. 100%ly
    In reviewing the most recent user videos it appears to be pretty fast on 6S, but maybe it seems faster given its size/presents.

I can only speak for me, I'm not interested in speed as I sold my EREVO Brushless in prep to get the X-MAXX.

Shortest stock gear combo is 14T/54T, producing 32MPH. (UPDATED A FEW POSTS DOWN)

If you reduce to 4S 14T/54T, you are looking at 22MPH. (UPDATED A FEW POSTS DOWN)

These are all approximation and we have no clue how this will perform with these different setups. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by NBViper; 11-18-2015 at 09:12 AM.

That's never been a problem you can always make them faster, also it is not the same running the erevo at 50 mph than running this monster at 35 mph which it is almost double the size. I bet you will have some challenge trying to control this over 45 mph.

I stand corrected...
    Looking at the new motor mount system, they call out a bunch of additional Pinion/Spur combinations.

theoretically at 6S/1600kv...
    26/46 being the tallest = ~71MPH
    11/54 being the shortest = ~26MPH (17MPH @ 4S)

that's really good info

Agreed! Great info!!
    Newbie alert :
    11/54 gearing is good for crawling over stuff slowly, right?

And if so, when can I get an 11 tooth pinion?

RC poster
    For crawling just use the stock Summit setup on X maxx chasiss.. because their you come with diffrential lock system.

For crawling just use the stock Summit setup on X maxx chasiss.. because their you come with diffrential lock system.
    Thanks, but I am not interested in locked diffs right now, just light rough trail crawling, no pro rock crawling.
    Last edited by jeteffect; 11-18-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Thanks, but I am not interested in locked diffs right now, just light rough trail crawling, no pro rock crawling.
    Did you already order an X-Maxx? Maybe Summit would be the better choice for you.

Sure you can also make the X-Maxx a pretty good crawler.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like he is looking for a trail truck not a crawler. That is what I have been thinking about setting my x maxx up for.

Quote Originally Posted by adamargue91 View Post
    Sounds like he is looking for a trail truck not a crawler. That is what I have been thinking about setting my x maxx up for.
    Summit is not a crawler by the way. I is an e revo with 2-gear tranny, locking diff, different tires and suspension. But backtotopic now.

A good all round bigger then 1/10th, easy to work on, all round solid RC Truck. Some light crawling - yes, some jumping - yes, some straight runs on dirt/pavement - yes.

Pro crawling in competitions - no.
    Light trail/rock crawling, non-competitions - yes.

As is, from what I've read and see, the X-MAXX hands down will answer this call!

Can't wait to get it!

RC Competitor
    A good all round bigger then 1/10th, easy to work on, all round solid RC Truck. Some light crawling - yes, some jumping - yes, some straight runs on dirt/pavement - yes.

Pro crawling in competitions - no.
    Light trail/rock crawling, non-competitions - yes.

As is, from what I've read and see, the X-MAXX hands down will answer this call!

Can't wait to get it!
    That's what I mean by trail truck something that will do a bit if everything vs. A crawler, witch I believe, is built for just rocks.

That's what I mean by trail truck something that will do a bit if everything vs. A crawler, witch I believe, is built for just rocks.
    Agreed - I think we're looking for the same thing - A trail truck, good for a bit of everything.
    Last edited by jeteffect; 11-18-2015 at 11:09 AM.

RC Champion
    Anyone know what the default low voltage cutoff is going to be on this beast?

Quote Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
    Anyone know what the default low voltage cutoff is going to be on this beast?
    I would guess 3.2V.

RC Champion
    If it's 3.2 hopefully that can be changed. I like running a 3.4 LVC. I've found my runtimes aren't reduced by a whole lot but my batteries last a whole lot longer. Also, are there any clues out there as to how well the stock ESC would hold up to HV Lipos?

If it's 3.2 hopefully that can be changed. I like running a 3.4 LVC. I've found my runtimes aren't reduced by a whole lot but my batteries last a whole lot longer. Also, are there any clues out there as to how well the stock ESC would hold up to HV Lipos?
    What kind of high voltage lipos are you referring too, can you provide an example? I am trying to learn a little.... Appreciate it.

Nope the VXL-6s esc is non programmable providing the same features as the VXL-3s.

3.2V is a good cutoff voltage for bashers by the way.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Nope the VXL-6s esc is non programmable providing the same features as the VXL-3s.

3.2V is a good cutoff voltage for bashers by the way.
    I've been running lipos for many many years now, and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that your batteries will last a lot longer at 3.4 vs 3.2. I Have 6+ year old lipos used in vehicles set to 3.4 still going strong, those same type of lips start to puff after a couple years running in the exact same conditions, in the exact same vehicles, only having the LVC set to 3.2.

What kind of high voltage lipos are you referring too, can you provide an example? I am trying to learn a little.... Appreciate it.
    HV Lipo's are simply lipo's that have a cell charge greater than 4.2v when fully charged. How much higher depends on the cells, but 4.35 is not uncommon.

I've been running lipos for many many years now, and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that your batteries will last a lot longer at 3.4 vs 3.2. I Have 6+ year old lipos used in vehicles set to 3.4 still going strong, those same type of lips start to puff after a couple years running in the exact same conditions, in the exact same vehicles, only having the LVC set to 3.2.
    That is true for sure, but if I set my cutoff to 3.4V which is maximum on my Hobbywing escs the voltage is over 3.8V after some hard bashing and WOT running

If I set it to 3.2V I have about 3.7V after the run.

New Traxxas truck, the X-Maxx!

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    ... if I set my cutoff to 3.4V which is maximum on my Hobbywing escs the voltage is over 3.8V after some hard bashing and WOT running...
    That's a bit more rebound than I see. I set my LVC at 3.5 Volts per cell and at the end of my run time the cells rebound to 3.8, which is exactly where I want them to be.
    You really shouldn't see a whole lot of fun time difference between 3.2 and 3.4 or 3.5 but your batteries will notice the difference.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    from where is the information about the non-programmability of the esc? not that i care much but i did not find this information browsing the x maxx promo site.

if a "fixed" cutoff was set 3.2V/c that would sound pretty reasonable for me. sometimes i even set 3V/c.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

Quote Originally Posted by rhylsadar View Post
    from where is the information about the non-programmability of the esc? not that i care much but i did not find this information browsing the x maxx promo site.

if a "fixed" cutoff was set 3.2V/c that would sound pretty reasonable for me. sometimes i even set 3V/c.
    Just a assumtion since no traxxas ESC is programmable

Also they tell it has the same features as the other VXL escs.

Whatever I could be wrong

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    I had a baja 5b and loved it for the first few months, but it is a major money pit.If you love doing maintance all the time, go gas. The best thing that has happen to this hobby is brushless power and lipos. It is more money up front if you are just starting, but it is alot more fun and less work, thats just my 2 cents.
    Thats what i figured i have always have had nitros since 2001, i just got into the brushless stuff last year and i love the power and just plug and play capability, i think i am going to stick with the xmaxx, my only concern was run times and how many batteries ill have to buy. I pre ordered the xmaxx and me and my buddy where thinking why not just go gas powered you can run all day.

Guys let's stay on topic and remember that talking about non Traxxas vehicles is not alloweed.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    You guys think this truck will be up for towing something like this with a pair of 4 year olds

You guys think this truck will be up for towing something like this with a pair of 4 year olds
    Sure but you should gear down as low as possible.

Any know or want to take a guess of the stock weight oil in the diffs, and shocks?

I've been looking for the X-MAXX owners manual, but it's of course not posted yet.

RC Champion
    Yeah, I'd gear it at 11/54 which appears to be the shortest it can go.

Any know or want to take a guess of the stock weight oil in the diffs, and shocks?

I've been looking for the X-MAXX owners manual, but it's of course not posted yet.
    My guess 30 wt shock

Diffs 30-50k
    Last edited by soundmaster; 11-18-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah, I'd gear it at 11/54 which appears to be the shortest it can go.
    I see that there are three spur gears to be available... 46, 50, 54.

Not sure about pinion gears....just a 14 pinion available, which is stock.
    Last edited by jeteffect; 11-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.

30wt shock oil is the only one currently listed on the parts list.
    No mention of diff fluid tho.
    Soundmaster is probably in the right ballpark on that.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    I see that there are three spur gears to be available... 46, 50, 54.

Not sure about pinion gears....just a 14 pinion available, which is stock.
    According to the chart posted a few posts ago, it can support down to 11/54. You don't have to buy traxxas branded pinions. Any Mod 1 pinion with a 5mm bore should work.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast