Thread: New In RC hobby

RC poster

New In RC hobby

Hi all,
    I am new in this hoppy and new here, and I need help please, I am from dubai and need your experience in x-maxx.
    I need you suggestions to go to x-maxx or go to something different.
    Also what upgrades do You suggest for xmaxx.
    Please give me your suggestions and your experience.

Thank you all and sorry for my bad English as it is my second language.

RC Racer
    I have heard/read so many times from so many different people that they have almost nothing to complain about with the X-MAXX. I dont think you can possibly go wrong buying one. You will absolutely have some fun, and if you dont like it for some reason (or need the money back) there is enought interest in this truck that you will be able to sell it.

Go for it! All these people cant possibly be wrong. No car is perfect, but the X-MAXX seems to be pretty close, unless you dont have the room to run it, or if you want better handling than it can provide with its tall tires and suspension.

Good luck! I am hoping to get an X-MAXX soon myself.

Welcome to the HOPPY!

If the X-Maxx is too big, try the Maxx...it's hoppier!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwaidi View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new in this hoppy and new here, and I need help please, I am from dubai and need your experience in x-maxx.
    I need you suggestions to go to x-maxx or go to something different.
    Also what upgrades do You suggest for xmaxx.
    Please give me your suggestions and your experience.

Thank you all and sorry for my bad English as it is my second language.
    The X-Maxx is one tough truck. The first mod I would do is some type of body washers. The body likes to crack around the screws. Traxxas part #7710 or similar. I bought a set of colored 3D printed ones off Ebay before Traxxas offered them. Second would be the servo upgrade Traxxas part #2085X. Then fix it or upgrade when you do manage to break something. It is a big truck and needs room, but it is a lot of fun!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Welcome to the HOPPY!

If the X-Maxx is too big, try the Maxx...it's hoppier!
    I don't find this amusing. The OP said English was his second language and already felt bad for it.

Suwaidi, your English is fine. It is better than others that only know English.

RC Qualifier
    Until this post I didn't realize he meant hobby. Cool to see another interested in the X-Maxx. My Suggestions:

1. Reinforce your body with Shoe Goo and Fibatape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqudkl0RV4w

2. Install DIY body savers or buy the Traxxas ones - Video shows an E-Revo but the parts are the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oMoDurweo8

3. Install the RPM front and rear bumper support

4. Buy a Traxxas Bluetooth module and configure it to alert at specific temperatures

5. Make a hauler to carry it around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErUwT0r4WiE

6. Have fun with it and replace parts as you go. This truck is a blast:

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I don't find this amusing. The OP said English was his second language and already felt bad for it.

Suwaidi, your English is fine. It is better than others that only know English.
    Lighten up Francis! I wasn't being mean...just having a little fun!

The Maxx IS hoppier!

RC poster
    Thank you all for the support, I will go to buy one this week

Quote Originally Posted by Suwaidi View Post
    Thank you all for the support, I will go to buy one this week
    Are you getting the X-maxx then? Which color?

RC Qualifier
    Lighten up Francis!
    Who's Francis?

I wasn't being mean...just having a little fun!
    How does that promote the OP in engaging in the thread? If it was all in fun, where is the advice or help they were asking for to go along with the remark?

RC Racer
    Hoppy works just as well as hobby. I too thought he used the word 'hoppy' thinking it was a good word to describe bashing (i.e. hopping over jumps, etc). I didnt figure hobby until later as well.

So, to some things up. Hoppy = jumpy = bouncy which are all words to describe what you can do with the XMAXX or the even 'hoppier' MAXX.

Also, these trucks are in fact a great hobby.

People need to calm down a little me thinks! Dont always jump to the most negative conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    Hoppy works just as well as hobby. I too thought he used the word 'hoppy' thinking it was a good word to describe bashing (i.e. hopping over jumps, etc). I didnt figure hobby until later as well.

So, to some things up. Hoppy = jumpy = bouncy which are all words to describe what you can do with the XMAXX or the even 'hoppier' MAXX.

Also, these trucks are in fact a great hobby.

People need to calm down a little me thinks! Dont always jump to the most negative conclusion.
    I also thought HOPPY was great, whether intended or not!

Who's Francis?

How does that promote the OP in engaging in the thread? If it was all in fun, where is the advice or help they were asking for to go along with the remark?
    Watch Stripes! I think you'll identify!

The advice or help was the part about the hoppier Maxx...I'm surprized you couldn't figure that out.

Who's Francis?
    It's a line from the movie Stripes that is oft quoted to advise someone to chill out and let it go.

I get your point but every day there are posts made that don't supply advice or help; in fact, how about yours (and now mine??). This case was a misinterpretation between what the sender was conveying and the receiver read [into]. USMC has shown to be rather jovial in his tenure here and I could see the intent of his post was not to make fun of him as a person. The OP said he is from Dubai and English was his second language and upon reading that I understood the wrong words were used (or the translating program he used was incorrect).

To Suwaidi: the word you are looking for is "hobby." (I changed the title.) I don't own an X-Maxx and know that it is large so you need the space to run it. Other options would be the Maxx and E-Revo if you want something a little smaller, or smaller yet would be the Stampede and Slash models.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-02-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    USMC has shown to be rather jovial in his tenure here and I could see the intent of his post was not to make fun of him as a person.
    USMC is definitely a nice guy. He's just got to learn not to play with his Xmaxx to close to his muscle car. (lol)
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    USMC is definitely a nice guy. He's just got to learn not to play with his Xmaxx to close to his muscle car. (lol)
    Thanks! Fortunately, it wasn't the X-Maxx that attacked my Charger...it was the Evil-O.

Oh, got-cha. I couldn't remember what RC it was, just how you smacked your charger with one. I think everybody felt a little pain with that one. (lol)

Oh, got-cha. I couldn't remember what RC it was, just how you smacked your charger with one. I think everybody felt a little pain with that one. (lol)
    LOL, I think if it had been the X-Maxx, I'd have needed to replace the whole door!

So, I wonder how the OP is liking his truck?

RC poster
    I like the Xmaxx and Im waiting to receive my parts for it. I just ordered some upgrades for it and waiting to receive my order.
    I orderd Telemetry expander Full set
    Body reinforcement
    Dusty Motors Shock Covers
    Dusty Motors Protection Dust

Also I ordered (not plan to Install it soon but I just like to have it ready )

Hobbywing 800kv motor with a Max 5 ESC
    WFO motor mount with all the hardware
    3 Piece gear set 30/35 with a double machine shaft
    Battery trays with all stainless steel Hardware with battery straps
    MAX5 ESC Mount
    Max 5 switch holder
    Set of 4 Drive cup sleeves
    Receiver box

And now Im searching for servo so any suggestions what servo should I get or just go with part 2085X.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The 2085x servo has been very good and has impressed me in the short time I've owned it. It has plenty of torque. It's not super fast. Only reason I would buy another servo, is if I wanted more steering speed.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    Once my stock fails I will probably go with the Reefs triple 4 or 5.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

LOL, I think if it had been the X-Maxx, I'd have needed to replace the whole door!
    …the whole car. (lol)

…the whole car. (lol)
    Well the X-Maxx is the size of a Smart-for-Who car...and has twice the horsepower!