RC Qualifier

Question How many generations of the Xmaxx exist?

I'm looking to possibly buy a used Xmaxx from the family of a dear friend that past away. It's probably 2-3 years old. I really don't want to buy it if it's a first generation and there have been major revisions made.

I'm pretty sure the first ones were 6S and the newest ones are 8S. If it's just an ESC and motor combo I'm cool with that since I'll prolly swap in aftermarket anyway. I just don't want to be left with a chassis/suspension/tranny/etc that's obsolete.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    TRX-4
    Keep looking up... <*{{{><

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOG1 View Post
    I'm looking to possibly buy a used Xmaxx from the family of a dear friend that past away. It's probably 2-3 years old. I really don't want to buy it if it's a first generation and there have been major revisions made.

I'm pretty sure the first ones were 6S and the newest ones are 8S. If it's just an ESC and motor combo I'm cool with that since I'll prolly swap in aftermarket anyway. I just don't want to be left with a chassis/suspension/tranny/etc that's obsolete.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    There’s are lots of changes between 6S and 8S. Tires, differentials, motor, esc, axles(I think), Cush drive instead of center diff. Etc.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info, this changes things significantly.

May be looking at a Losi Super Rock Rey instead.
    TRX-4
    Keep looking up... <*{{{><