RC Enthusiast

Info about x Maxx! RPM voltage sensor and spare extra control

Hi to all!
    I have an used x Maxx 6s (old version). Now are arrived my new wheel and Traxxas wireless link!
    But I have a big surprise! I update FW and I can read voltage and temperature from my esc! But I never mount the sensor!
    Is because maybe the previous owner have buy it or all c Maxx 6s have that sensor? If yes why are sold voltage and temperature sensor long version for x Maxx? Are automatically detected from my app without any configuration!
    I discover in this forum that some one have modify the spur gear for have the RPM reading... BUT IN ALL THREADs ARE MISSING THE Photo due images hack. Delete it! Can some one post here the photo of that modify?
    Or someone know any aftermarket parts that have spur gear with magnet already put on it?
    And last info! I have the normal transmitter (tqi 2.4 without lever for lock diff or choose the speed like trx 4) but all x Maxx (I suppose! I see the instructions manual and on line photo) have the receiver with 5 channel... It is possible in some way to control them via remote? Via app or via transmitter! I have a fan and light (not original light kit) and maybe I can power on or off connecting them to receiver...

Thanks
    Massimiliano

RC Qualifier
    I never had to use the magnet sensor... All you really need to get is the GPS module for the truck & the TRAXXAS TQI handheld radio. & the TQI Module for the Radio & download the TRAXXAS APP & link everything up & your good to go. There is also a motor sensor wire that wraps around the motor & plugs into a empty RX port.

RC Enthusiast
    hi
    I NOT want to use that because it cost abou 130€ in Europe... and for only to see te speed (and NOT the rpm ) is too too too exppensive.

via RPM sensor it is possible to see the speed (via gear ratio)

what is it the cable that you say about wraps around the motor=??? is the RPM sensor that you mean?

thnaks massimiliano

RC Qualifier
    There is a guy named RegularGuy on the forum that has pics of his setup somewhere. Search for his username and look for his recent posts.

Found one of the threads

The new Traxxas app and ESC update must show those telemetry values now. The original version of them, mainly ESC, for the 6S X-Maxx did not.
    Last edited by drivejumpfly; 05-23-2019 at 12:59 AM.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    I try to write in the thread a post but no one answered me. I try
    To send to regular guy a MP asking to update the photo. but his mail box is full.
    If you read my post I wrote that I find some thread but without photo still available... Atr that!

edit: I disassembly my x maxx 6s old version and I discover that previous owner has assembled a sensor kit fior temperature and voltage! Not RPM is inside... I will adapt one...
    Last edited by Double G; 05-23-2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: merge