RC poster

Potentially buying a used xmaxx - need help identifying aftermarket parts

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Someone about an hour away from me has a used xmaxx for sale. He is the second owner and bought the truck as his first foray into Hobby RC. The original owner made some mods to the truck, but the current owner doesn't know what they are and it the pics are a bit blurry. Might one of you be able to tell me what aftermarket parts are on the truck from the pics?

To be clear, I am NOT selling this truck. I am interested in buying it and want to learn more about the items on it before taking an hour drive to see the truck in person.

Listing is https://maine.craigslist.org/tag/d/s...051211136.html

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Aluminum a arms, Stainless under guards, possibly aluminum toe links. Electronics are stock. The nerf bars are also aluminum. Couple thoughts, why are the aluminum a arms not on the vehicle. The stainless guards on the bottom are unnecessary and heavy. I donít like when people post dirty stuff on on CL. Itís an 8S truck, why 6S batteries. Iíd stick closer to 5-6 hundred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks gripdog. Appreciate the input. I was wondering about the 6s batteries too. Then again - this seller does not seem particularly sophisticated as far as the hobby or this truck goes.
    Last edited by shonuff2653; 01-07-2020 at 11:34 PM.

RC poster
    Not a bad deal as it’s a Snap On and those bodies are pricy even on EBay if new. Looks like someone was going show truck and never got there. Some run 6S as full speed bashing isn’t what they’re in to. Make sure it has the 8S esc though. Check the out drive yolks for wear & see what he’ll take before you drive.

RC poster
    Ended up buying this truck for $500. Snapon body was beat to , which is too bad. Came with another brand new body though, so not too bad. Wrenching on it this week to replace some minor parts, and batteries arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to take it out for some fun!

*Refrain from using such language here. If a word you used was covered by the language filter go back and edit your post. Thanks.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-15-2020 at 08:45 AM.