Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8s X Maxx

RC Competitor
    The Poseidon 1717 is rated for 8s but 20 pounds might be pushing it.

There are a couple of XO-1's with stock motors pushing 8s on Youtube.

55 mph would be perfect not looking at speed runs and on 8s it will be more fun
    Last edited by John McClane; 11-19-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Gotcha, I was thinking the Castle 1717. Problem with any of these motors is the Max Amps they can take. With the weight of this truck, you need to handle more a lot of current!
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
    In addition to not happening with the stock motor...

That won't happen with the stock suspension
    That won't happen with the stock tires
    That won't happen with the stock aero characteristics

In other words, it's going to take a lot to get a truck like this going that fast, simply throwing more power at it isn't going to get you there.
    But it would be cool to see it going that fast

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    But it would be cool to see it going that fast
    Maybe, but the tires are going to be your Achilles heel. I'm not aware of any belted tires in this size, or for any monster truck for that matter. Taping isn't good enough, throws the balance off too much and will likely still fall apart at speed, so you're down to using something like an XO1 tire which is MUCH smaller, to the point where I don't think you can gear tall enough to make up the difference.

RC Qualifier
    Oh I know tires won't last. Will be lucky to get one run at that speed. I just think it would be cool to see it pass you at that speed. Even if tires would hold up finding space to get something that big and heavy up to speed will take room. Not to mention the carnage if you hit something.

I got an email from Castle that they're having a big sale. I looked at the MM2's which are priced at just over a hundred bucks. While I was there at the site, I looked at the MM2 specs. They're supposed to be used on trucks 15 or less pounds. The VXL6 is a MM2 rebranded, so I wonder how well the VXL6 will work with a 20 pound truck.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Wow, Tower just changed the price of the XL X / 2028 combo from $361 to 425... Glad I got my pre-order in for $323 (with coupon).

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I got an email from Castle that they're having a big sale. I looked at the MM2's which are priced at just over a hundred bucks. While I was there at the site, I looked at the MM2 specs. They're supposed to be used on trucks 15 or less pounds. The VXL6 is a MM2 rebranded, so I wonder how well the VXL6 will work with a 20 pound truck.
    The MXL-6s is based on the Mamba Monster 2. The VXL-6s is not.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I, personally, am looking forward to seeing how the esc is. If it's a good esc, perhaps it will be a great option to pick up secondhand at a good price for other vehicles. And it may well be up to powering this truck.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

The MXL-6s is based on the Mamba Monster 2. The VXL-6s is not.
    Oh, okay...gotcha. That's good, and now it all makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me, KSB.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Not to worry. We're going to be all over a kit to install 8S large brushless systems in the X-maxx. We were among the first to put the truck on back order. When the truck arrives here in Denver, we will not even be running it. The truck will immediately be dismantled to design the parts needed for 8S systems to be installed. Estimated time after the truck's release until the kit is ready...1 - 1 1/2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kershaw Designs View Post
    Not to worry. We're going to be all over a kit to install 8S large brushless systems in the X-maxx. We were among the first to put the truck on back order. When the truck arrives here in Denver, we will not even be running it. The truck will immediately be dismantled to design the parts needed for 8S systems to be installed. Estimated time after the truck's release until the kit is ready...1 - 1 1/2 months.
    Can't wait, you guys do some great work.

If you check out my 8S build thread I'll have a castle system stuffed in the truck a few days after I get it!
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC poster
    Rip diffs and ring gears and pinion gears!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12