Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    You won't have any torque issues increasing gear. More cogging up around
    24t pinion, but still torque. 21t is my sweet spot. How are you gps ing your speed?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77tree View Post
    You won't have any torque issues increasing gear. More cogging up around 1
    24t pinion, but still torque. 21t is my sweet spot. How are you gps ing your speed?
    I use a garmin gps that I stick inside the chassis and then put the body on so it can't fly out.

You won't have any torque issues increasing gear. More cogging up around
    What spur do you run with the 21T?

RC Competitor

Cool rig you have there, how are the 12mm wheels holding up on 4s?

Do you not run your gear cover or will it not fit on there with a big pinion?

RC Competitor
    Gear cover won't fit. Without gear cover, never had a problem. With it I had more problems it seemed.

Gear cover won't fit. Without gear cover, never had a problem. With it I had more problems it seemed.
    What kind of problems? I run in a lot of gravel areas, I like too have my gear cover on, ran it before without the driveshaft cover and little pebbles and stuff kept getting caught on my slipper shaft so had too put it back on.

RC Competitor
    I've gone through wheels and cvd related stuff. Because of the mip xduty there isn't an adapter to make 14mm or 17mm wheels. Tires don't last either, they rip in the middle and go from there. Wondering about a long term solution beside slowing down. With the TSM though, the truck does okay even with 7" discs instead of tires.

MMX and 2650kv install

I've gone through wheels and cvd related stuff. Because of the mip xduty there isn't an adapter to make 14mm or 17mm wheels. Tires don't last either, they rip in the middle and go from there. Wondering about a long term solution beside slowing down. With the TSM though, the truck does okay even with 7" discs instead of tires.
    You can run 17mm on a mip axle. I have 17mm on f-11 wheels with mip x-duties.

RC Competitor
    That's funny, I run gravel and with the cover seemed like it would get in, moisture too. Plus, I'm more likely to check my pinion every run and not end up shredding my spur. Went through many spurs at first before I shimmed the spur and slipper set up.

That's funny, I run gravel and with the cover seemed like it would get in, moisture too. Plus, I'm more likely to check my pinion every run and not end up shredding my spur. Went through many spurs at first before I shimmed the spur and slipper set up.
    Haven't had any problems with running my gear cover, on my speed run today I pulled my cover off and spur looked great, I'm also not running on 4s either lol

RC Qualifier

You can hook those right up to the 12mm nut on your MIPs.

RC Qualifier
    You running those GeneralP4de or do you have the MIP adapters?

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    You running those GeneralP4de or do you have the MIP adapters?
    I'm running the mip adapters, was gonna get hot racing ones, but since the guy I purchased my wheel/tire combo from threw in the mip adapters, I figured I'd try them out. A lot of ppl don't like the mip adapters, but I've had no problems with them at all , and if they ever give me problems can always buy the hot racing ones haha

MMX and 2650kv install

Alright gang my receiver box will finally be here tmw, so I started getting ready for it. I got some heat shrink and spent some time wrapping up the rest of the wires, all wires are sleeved and heat shrinked except my on/off switch. Only reason I didn't wrap it is because the sleeve will not slide over the switch housing, but the rest are wrapped and look nice so it'll be ok not having that one wrapped. Anyway here's some pics, wires look messy at the moment but once I get my box mounted they'll look better.

This has nothing too do with the motor/esc install, but thought I'd share it anyway. Bought myself some bumpers lights for the p4de. They are really nice and pretty bright as well, I like em a lot. Wrapped these wires as well, and have them looking nice.
    Also forgot too show a pic showing the chassis mod for installing this motor so here it is
    Went ahead and bumped up to a RR 19T pinion, so now I'm geared 19/54, will most likely leave it at this gearing considering I'm already hitting 59mph geared 18/54 so I should be at 60mph now hopefully.

This has nothing too do with the motor/esc install, but thought I'd share it anyway. Bought myself some bumpers lights for the p4de. They are really nice and pretty bright as well, I like em a lot. Wrapped these wires as well, and have them looking nice.
    Also forgot too show a pic showing the chassis mod for installing this motor so here it is
    Went ahead and bumped up to a RR 19T pinion, so now I'm geared 19/54, will most likely leave it at this gearing considering I'm already hitting 59mph geared 18/54 so I should be at 60mph now hopefully.

Also installed some bumper lights, I like them a lot. They're pretty bright I wrapped these wires as well.
    Pic of the chassis that I forgot too post the other day showing what too grind off.
    Geared up too a 19T RR pinion

So sorry for posting the same post 4 times, my tapatalk is acting crazy. Was saying that it wasn't posting, but pretty obvious that it was posting, I apologize for this.

So fedex decided I wasn't important enough too deliver my package on Saturday apparently, so it will be Monday before I get the receiver box now.

They think of me the same way. "Were sorry. The shipping container is in our facility but it isn't scheduled to be open for another 2 days". That was their response to why my $1500 gaming rig was 2 days late.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Yea it kinda sucks, I'm off on weekends so I needed the box today since I'm off on weekends and have plenty of time too make a mount, modify, etc. now since I'm getting it on Monday my time is kinda limited since I have too work. So now it'll probably be around Wednesday before it's completely finished, being that I have too use shoe goo too bond my mounting points too the chassis and have too allow the shoe goo too fully dry before I can mount it for good. Dang I woulda been down there banging on the doors if that happened too me lol even though it wouldn't do any good! Everytime it's something I really need it never gets here on time, but if it's something I'm not in a hurry for it'll arrive very quick smh!! That's usually my luck, sounds like you have the same luck as I do.

RC Qualifier
    Good reason to use Amazon, free 2 day shipping if you sign up for Prime. Tower is pretty good too, think it's only $3 to upgrade to USPS Priority, it's always fast. Fed Ex always sucks IMO.

Good too know have never really used Amazon, I'll keep that in mind though. Your right about fedex though haha. Oh well guess it just gives me more too think on how too mount it lol

MMX and 2650kv install

So finally got my receiver box!! Made a mount out of lexan that my lhs gave me, turned out nice. Had too dremel the side of the box a little bit for it to slide between the motor and servo. Mount is finished and after I get home from work I'm going too dye it black and then install everything tonight.

RC Qualifier
    Looking good. Where did you order the expanding braided sleeving from?

Thanks, ordered it off fleabay. Look up expanding sleeve and it should pull up.

MMX and 2650kv install

So finally finished her up, 100% done now. Turned out pretty great, everything is bolted down, I have no tape or anything too deal with. If I need too do something that requires removing the esc or rx box,all I have too do is remove bolts. Everything comes off with ease just like a factory setup. Here's some final pics, let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by GeneralPede01; 11-10-2015 at 03:15 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Looks factory to me, nice and clean, wires well routed. Your running out of things to do to it, bet a 4s or even higher is in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Looks factory to me, nice and clean, wires well routed. Your running out of things to do to it, bet a 4s or even higher is in the near future.
    Yea almost out of things too do lol only major thing left is shocks, but I have too wait till I destroy this body before that can happen. Still debating on the 4s though, my lhs is gonna let me try out one of his 4s batteries he has laying around, just too see what this thing will do. Hopefully I don't break nothing when I take it down there.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Generalpede, if you don't mind my asking, why did you switch over to the Slash LCG receiver box? Is it shorter or smaller? I've got a 2700kv Kershaw hooked up to a hobbywing sc8 (mounted up front like you) and the current receiver box is to big to fit between the motor and servo.

MMX and 2650kv install

Swapped over because the slash lcg box fits nicely between my motor and servo. If you look at my previous pics on this thread you can see what the stock receiver box looks like mounted between the motor and servo. With the stock box it would not sit down inside the chassis flat unless I moved it too the side a good bit, which then resulted in it sticking inside my battery compartment and my battery would not fit. I had too raise it up over the chassis with it overlapping outside the chassis a bit( which I did not like), so made a mount for the lcg box and it sits nicely inside the chassis as you can see. Just looks better imo, stock one worked fine for me as well. Here is a couple better pics, this was with my 2400 setup, but I still had it mounted here as well when I installed the 2650kv before I got the lcg box.
    Last edited by GeneralPede01; 11-11-2015 at 12:17 AM.

MMX and 2650kv install

Quote Originally Posted by Narfoxousman View Post
    Hey Generalpede, if you don't mind my asking, why did you switch over to the Slash LCG receiver box? Is it shorter or smaller? I've got a 2700kv Kershaw hooked up to a hobbywing sc8 (mounted up front like you) and the current receiver box is to big to fit between the motor and servo.
    How long is your 2700kv? If it is a lot longer than my 2650kv then the lcg box probably will not work, it's a pretty tight fit in there now, I had too dremel the side bolt mount on the box too get it too slide in there. I had too dremel it far enough that if I take off anymore material it will mess up my bolt hole. Which would then render the box useless since I wouldn't be able too tighten the top of the box down. Do you have any pics of your setup?

RC Enthusiast
    The motor is 38 by 74 with a 5mm shaft
    This is with the receiver just sitting in place

I don't like that my receiver has to be backed up against the motor.

I'm also having to route the motor leads under the receiver, due to the fact that they are really stiff, and can't bend over the receiver box.

Here it is without the motor. It comes to that faint line by my hobby knife

The lcg box wont work for you, that motor is longer than my 2650kv and it's a really tight fit now. Where is your servo? How do you plug your motor wires into your esc? It looks like they won't reach the esc unless you have extensions that I cannot see.

If you have extensions or if your esc wires are long enough you could try it this way.
    Or maybe this way

RC Enthusiast
    I sold off my old traxxas servo because it wasn't cutting it, way to slow and not enough torque. Waiting for my upgrade to come in. The ESC has wire leads, and I actually need to shorten then. I moved them to the side so that the pics were cleaner.

I don't have a good pic of the wood I used, but I carved a slot in it so the wood would be all the way against the servo. That should give you enough room too get your box off of your motor.

RC Enthusiast
    Alright, thanks a million for all the help. I *think* I've got a mount figured out for it, and once I do I'll post it into the p4de gallery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast