RC poster

e-revo spins front wheels only

Hi guys. I have a 1/16 erevo VXL and while running it around one afternoon it started to only spin the front wheels when I accelerate. Any tips on what the problem could be? I'm new at this, I have never disassembled anything in my erevo, so this will be my first try to fix something in it. Any links to videos to guide me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for any help!

Welcome to the forums! I would check two things. First, I'd check the center drive shaft for either a missing set screw pin missing, or the shaft being broken itself. I would also check the rear diff, but when that goes out normally it's crazy loud with crunching and grinding sounds. Hope this helps!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC poster
    Thanks, will look into those and post the results!

RC poster
    [QUOTE=I would also check the rear diff, but when that goes out normally it's crazy loud with crunching and grinding sounds. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

That's right, if there is sound check your diffs. My E-Revo VXL stripped the rear ring gear thrice on 3s! Finally I decided to shim it.

RC poster
    Start by taking skid plates off and underside off, should give a clear view of all the connections. If all is connected together check the differential.

RC Qualifier
    Definitely sounds like the diff is stripped. I would check the rear drive shaft and make sure you haven't broken the yokes on it. If the diff does need replacement, get a new bulkhead as well and make sure you shim your diff. This will keep it from happening again, as the plastic flexes and pushes the gear mesh apart causing stripped gears.

If you still need more help scroll down further to the 1/16 erevo section of the forum where you can get more help. This is mainly 1/8 scale erevo here.

I would troubleshoot in this order :

Rear wheel hexes. You shouldnt be able to rotate a wheel while holding its respective driveshaft

Rear and center driveshafts. Make sure they are not broken or stripped.

Rear diff. If all other tests passed, tear apart the diff and investigate. Look for blown bearings and stripped gears