Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 73 of 73
  1. #41
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,013
    Looks like Traxxas finally announced the Aton and the Aton Plus.

    https://traxxas.com/products/landing/Aton/
    We are all one race. The human race.

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    460
    Looks cool. Just got a alias over a P3. Hope they keep the cost down like they did on the alias.
    Just checked the link. 420 bucks works for me.
    Last edited by bearcatrp; 12-18-2015 at 11:25 PM.

  3. #43
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,538
    I want!!!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  4. #44
    RC Champion zoraduntov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,603
    very nice traxxas !

  5. #45
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dudley, MA
    Posts
    467
    I'm going with the Aton plus asap.
    Traxxas Rally, Grave Digger, and LaTrax Alias

  6. #46
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warwick, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    407
    Definitely going with the Aton plus and then most definitely getting the 3 axis gimbal when it comes out in early 2016.
    Good work Traxxas. Some cool things are popping from the drawing board into reality now.
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

  7. #47
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    39
    Gonna pick one up myself... I think it won't be long b4 this thing is linked to your vehicle or any other object for filming. Possibly a lot more options, who knows????

  8. #48
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    61
    Does anyone have an idea as to whether the mount to attach a phone to the transmitter is included? Can't wait to get my hands on this quad!

  9. #49
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    36
    Says available late December, can't get much later than this... Anyone heard an actual release date?
    Stampede 4x4 VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Aton

  10. #50
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    39
    I ordered from Tower and my order says pending... They could be receiving stock this week possibly.

  11. #51
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by caughron01 View Post
    Says available late December, can't get much later than this... Anyone heard an actual release date?
    I went into my LHS yesterday and he told me that today, Monday, is the first day that Traxxas is open since the supposed release date after being closed for Christmas. So he said it was likely that they ship this week and stores have inventory end of this week/early next. Was just a guess on his part though.

  12. #52
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    460
    You folks who get one please post pics, videos, etc to show what we are missing. And do a comparison of the alias and afton. Am hoping it will do what the P3P can do but a cheaper price. My main interest is watch from my iphone 6 plus while flying.

  13. #53
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    You folks who get one please post pics, videos, etc to show what we are missing. And do a comparison of the alias and afton. Am hoping it will do what the P3P can do but a cheaper price. My main interest is watch from my iphone 6 plus while flying.
    In its current state, it does not have FPV capability to be able to watch on an iPhone while flying. The site mentions a new FPV framing feature in early 2016, but no more detail than that.

  14. #54
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    460
    I saw that. Am hoping by spring this feature will be ready and I am ready for the next step up. Still have to learn on the alias.

  15. #55
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    Should be 5.8 fpv too right?

  16. #56
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    Well, maybe not. Looks like it will Just hook to a phone. Won't have enough range for me.

  17. #57
    RC Racer mdschmidt90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fruit Heights, UT
    Posts
    248
    Hello everyone,
    Anyone know if this will have mounts for a gopro hero 2? It says on traxxa's website that it has mounts for hero 3&4. I can't see It being a problem, but then again I don't own a hero 3 or 4.

  18. #58
    RC Racer mdschmidt90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fruit Heights, UT
    Posts
    248
    Well I may have found the answer to my own question, It looks like the Aton plus comes with a "fixed camera mount" and the "2 axis gimbal" is a special mount for the gopro hero 3&4 for added stability.

  19. #59
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    Well I may have found the answer to my own question, It looks like the Aton plus comes with a "fixed camera mount" and the "2 axis gimbal" is a special mount for the gopro hero 3&4 for added stability.
    Surely u could modify to work with the GP2.

  20. #60
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    The more I read and see videos, it seems it must be 5.8 fpv since it's coming out with headless mode too! May just have to hang in there to see! Price seems reasonable for such a technological piece of equipment for everything you would want a quad to do!

  21. #61
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacki View Post
    The more I read and see videos, it seems it must be 5.8 fpv since it's coming out with headless mode too! May just have to hang in there to see! Price seems reasonable for such a technological piece of equipment for everything you would want a quad to do!
    I would recommend reading the manuals:
    https://traxxas.com/products/models/heli/Aton?t=support

    The FPV is through the app which is Bluetooth on the quad. They call it "framing" used to frame a shot at close distance.

  22. #62
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoVW72 View Post
    I would recommend reading the manuals:
    https://traxxas.com/products/models/heli/Aton?t=support

    The FPV is through the app which is Bluetooth on the quad. They call it "framing" used to frame a shot at close distance.
    Where exactly does it say that? I have read the manuals, but must be missing that...

  23. #63
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Farmingville, NY
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    Where exactly does it say that? I have read the manuals, but must be missing that...
    I can't find that referenced anywhere in the manual either. My guess is it will work via wifi not Bluetooth. Bluetooth range is way to short.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

  24. #64
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    244
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-Manual_EN.pdf

    Page #14 details the flight link.

  25. #65
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    Crap....was hoping different. Just have to add 5.8 then. Why would they go this far without 5.8? Weight, price point maybe? Still looks to be good for the price I guess.


    Edit :
    Read the page 14, don't see anything referencing fpv.
    Last edited by Wacki; 12-30-2015 at 11:30 PM.

  26. #66
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Farmingville, NY
    Posts
    682
    Where does it say it uses Bluetooth for framing? To me this is no different than the tqi Traxxas uses on their surface r/c's. It connects the phone to the controller. I wonder why Traxxas doesn't chime in.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

  27. #67
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    39
    Cancelled my order till we here more from TRAXXAS!! Not going to spend money on something that seems to be getting to much hype. Give us the details maybe I'll change my mind...

  28. #68
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer83L View Post
    Where does it say it uses Bluetooth for framing? To me this is no different than the tqi Traxxas uses on their surface r/c's. It connects the phone to the controller. I wonder why Traxxas doesn't chime in.
    The Bluetooth on the Aton is used for connecting to the Traxxas Flight Link app. The Flight Link app currently is used to modify the settings for the Aton such as the flight ceiling, geofence range, rates, and so on. Bluetooth is not used for video transmission. Coming early this year is the 3-Axis Gimbal for Aton which will use WiFi to transmit video to the Flight Link App for FPV viewing.

    The difference between the TQi and the Aton is that the bluetooth connection is made with the Aton itself and not the transmitter. For vehicles, the Bluetooth is paired with the transmitter. The transmitter sends and receives data to and from the vehicle through the radio system and then communicates it to the Traxxas Link app via Bluetooth. Bluetooth range is not far enough for the Aton to communicate directly with your smartphone and Traxxas Flight Link beyond about 50 feet.

    The Traxxas Flight Link app will be available on the App Store by Jan 8th (currently being reviewed by Apple). The Android version will be available January 6th.

  29. #69
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7
    Thank you for the info! Great stuff....

  30. #70
    RC Qualifier Canuckvoip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Coming early this year is the 3-Axis Gimbal for Aton which will use WiFi to transmit video to the Flight Link App for FPV viewing.

    The Traxxas Flight Link app will be available on the App Store by Jan 8th (currently being reviewed by Apple). The Android version will be available January 6th.
    Aw yeah! I was wondering about FPV! What range do you estimate? Excellent news about the app. I can quit checking every day (until Wednesday).
    :>)

  31. #71
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42
    Won't this be a significant lag for fpv if it is bluetooth still?

  32. #72
    RC Qualifier Canuckvoip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacki View Post
    Won't this be a significant lag for fpv if it is bluetooth still?
    FPV will be WiFi based, not Bluetooth.

  33. #73
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    39
    Thanks for the update!!
    Ordered the 7908 instead and will wait to purchase the 3axis gimbal later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •