Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Didn't look at the pic close enough obviously did I? I need more sleep. I had to trim 4 fins off of mine for my motor to sit flat on chassis. Accessing your motor mount screw will probably be an issue too. I had to trim a few fins on mine so that I could get the screw in.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Didn't look at the pic close enough obviously did I? I need more sleep. I had to trim 4 fins off of mine for my motor to sit flat on chassis. Accessing your motor mount screw will probably be an issue too. I had to trim a few fins on mine so that I could get the screw in.
    That's what I was worried about was the motor screw. Which is why I wana mod it too where I can just snap it on and off. Don't you have a sway bar kit on your p4de?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I have the sway bar kit. Put it on very early in so I can't really give you much feedback but I do feel like it helped me with some of the rollovers I was experiencing trying to turn too sharp sometimes.

Yeah I have the sway bar kit. Put it on very early in so I can't really give you much feedback but I do feel like it helped me with some of the rollovers I was experiencing trying to turn too sharp sometimes.
    Do you feel it helps you when doing speed runs on pavement?

RC Qualifier
    Can't really say, I put them on before I ever even got a lipo. Maybe only ran the truck twice before I put them on. I can see where they should have an effect on the truck at higher speeds, especially the 60+ that you're running now.

Ok cool, which bars did you use? I'm installing the black bars both front and rear.

Got it installed, also kept my stock shock guards as well.
    Really loving this battery

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    I switch off and on with the sway bars. It's my experience that they really do help a great deal. For speed runs, I'd imagine you'd want to use the black bars and have the links attached in close to the mounting screws on the chassis where the sway bar rotates. Just my $0.02.
    Obstacle Magnet

Thanks I will try that.

RC Qualifier
    I went with the black ones too. That battery is freaking huge.

Yea I know, couldn't even use my expansion kit. Had too go back too using Velcro straps again lol

So tried it out again today and the sway bars helped some but it's still very hard too control. Managed too get 64mph out of it, it would probably go a little faster if I could hold it in the road but I can't. If I wana go faster I would have too have a different set of wheels, which I'm not gonna do as this is not a speed runner. I just wanted too see how fast I could make my p4de go with the off road setup and 64mph is pretty good for a basher. Esc was 130 and motor was 167, so I will be dropping down too probably a 18t for bashing with 3 and 4s. Overall this motor combo is just awesome.

2650kv speed and performance

Had a little fun at work in the sandroom. 4s power+ concrete with a thin layer of sand covering it= very fun times. This is the dirtiest I've ever had my p4de. Sure it's overpowered on 4s but the fun factor is awesome, well too me it is. Here's couple pics.
    Couple pavement runs as well, ended up having a crash which messed up my body a little bit in the back, but thanks too shoe goo it wasn't as bad as it coulda been, also destroyed both of my wheelie wheel bearings
    Compressed air is your friend, would have took me forever too wipe all the dirt off this thing, but compressed air made quick work of getting it clean again.
    Overall I'm very happy with this setup, has plenty of power and speed on 3s and on 4s it's just very very powerful, which is right up my alley. Also here's a pic of my spur after 3 full 4s packs, as you can see it's still in great shape, having good gear mesh goes a long way.
    Last edited by GeneralPede01; 11-20-2015 at 02:23 AM.

So geared it back down too 18/52, after a full 4s and 3s pack back to back my motor was 118, this is also without running any fan on my motor. Now given that the ambient temp in my location has dropped too 46 degrees today, which I'm sure that helped out as well. Even when temps go back up in the spring I should be fine with this gearing on 3 and 4s. Didn't gps top speed but should be in highs 50s on 3s and in the 60s on 4s. 4s power is gonna be the death of this body.
    Have ran 4 full 4s packs and 1 3s pack and my spur still looks like it did when I pulled it out of the bag.

GeneralPede01, you must remember this old chestnut, "With great speed comes great destruction."

Well, at least when I'm driving it does.
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    GeneralPede01, you must remember this old chestnut, "With great speed comes great destruction."

Indeed it does, but while I'm on the path too great destruction the fun factor is pretty high .

This happened not even 20min after I read your post. I believed you jinxed me sir lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    I believed you jinxed me sir lol.
    Was this horrible mayhem due to an evil tree? Those evil trees hate my guts.
    Obstacle Magnet

Was this horrible mayhem due to an evil tree? Those evil trees hate my guts.
    The evil ditch and road got me this time, it was either hit the ditch or hit my leg. I chose the ditch and it went too flipping and landed on the wheel hard. Darn those evil ditches and ashault. Good thing I have spares.

You chose the wiser. A 2650 powered P4de can do a lot of damage to a person's flesh. Ouch!
    Obstacle Magnet

You chose the wiser. A 2650 powered P4de can do a lot of damage to a person's flesh. Ouch!
    Yea I would rather replace a 6 dollar part than have a busted up leg anyday.

Yeah, us doctors charge a bit more for a visit.
    Obstacle Magnet

I try too stay away as much as possible lol

More fun and more damage. Can't say I didn't warn you. Just a matter of time until a drive shaft or a diff gives up.
    I hope you have tons of fun before that happens.
    Nobody is born with experience

So far the only thing I've broke is that steering turnbuckle, and having a lot more road rash on my body from showing out . Hoping it will be awhile before a shaft or diff gives up. Indeed you did warn me, but the fun factor of this system for me is pretty high, some people might not like it very much, but I like overpowered rc's they're a blast

I threw the 2650kv motor with an MM2 into my P4de. The modifications to the chassis were simple and quite easy to do. I've run several packs with it now. I most certainly prefer this system over the 2400kv motor with the MMP for my P4de. I am very happy you guys indirectly talked me into it. GeneralPede01 is right overpowered RCs are a blast!
    Obstacle Magnet

+1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't get me wrong, mine still has the 2650 in it. And most of the time it works on 3S, but on that rare occasion where I want to go mental, the 4S brick is set to work after a fresh charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, mine still has the 2650 in it. And most of the time it works on 3S, but on that rare occasion where I want to go mental, the 4S brick is set to work after a fresh charge.
    So far mines holding up well as far as driveline goes, I've put a few 3s packs through it and just recently started running 4s. So time will time on how well it'll hold up on 4s. You are correct this thing is mental on 4s .

Here's a quick video of the general on 4s, yes there's crashes lol

RC Qualifier
    There's that neighbor's dog I mentioned before, go ahead and smash him one time! Just kidding of course. Man it is awesome, very obvious how much power it has and that going full throttle isn't really an option. You must be pleased.

There's that neighbor's dog I mentioned before, go ahead and smash him one time! Just kidding of course. Man it is awesome, very obvious how much power it has and that going full throttle isn't really an option. You must be pleased.
    Yea I hate that dog, I did smack into her by accident last weekend, after that it would ran away when I came towards her and then after I passed she would resume barking and whatnot. Yes loads of power, that was half throttle. At full throttle will just pretty much look at the sky the entire time. When I'm on the road and going over 50 plus mph if I hit full throttle it will just blow over. Very pleased with it so far. I know if I changed the suspension up and put different wheels and tire on it I would be in the 70mph range or more, but it's a basher and not a speed runner so won't be doing that.

Gotta love the power of the MM2 2650 eh, 4s indeed is insane but once in a while the adronalyne rush is just awsome, speed that thrills but does not kill.....well better not hit any one for that matter.
    Last edited by Jezza; 11-25-2015 at 04:35 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

I'm loving the power, so far the driveline is holding up well. Picking up another 4s battery tmw. No I don't want too hit anyone, I broke a steering link the other day because I chose too hit the ditch instead of my leg. Much rather replace a cheap part than too have my leg busted open haha!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    I'm loving the power, so far the driveline is holding up well. Picking up another 4s battery tmw. No I don't want too hit anyone, I broke a steering link the other day because I chose too hit the ditch instead of my leg. Much rather replace a cheap part than too have my leg busted open haha!!
    I'm totally pleased with mine too. Yours moves around great. I believe I finally smoked something in my rear differential . I can turn the wheels and sometimes it's slipping the gears inside the differential. I've totally taken it apart and after this degrade does its thing I'll see if I can figure what's wrong. Not sure what I'm looking for, like usual. Lol

RC Competitor
    I just bought the mmp 2400 for my slash 4x4 like 3 or 4 days ago and am really thinking hard about ordering a mamba monster 2650 and trying it to see if I like it more !

The 2400 is awesome, but the 2650 is just another step ahead. In your case you can just upgrade the motor. The MMP can handle the 2650 in a car like a 4WD Pede.

I had the 2400/MMP in my P4de. Went to the 2650/MM2. Wow, am I glad I did. The 2400 was a dog on 2s. Not so with the 2650. Same gearing, same battery. It's my firsthand experience that the Sl4sh and P4de do far better with the 2650/mm2. On 2s LiPo the truck is great. On 3s it's f-f-f-ast fantastic. 4s is insane. The 2650 is what mt friends at Castle Creations put in their Sl4sh and P4de trucks. Nuff said.
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by matt77tree View Post
    I'm totally pleased with mine too. Yours moves around great. I believe I finally smoked something in my rear differential . I can turn the wheels and sometimes it's slipping the gears inside the differential. I've totally taken it apart and after this degrade does its thing I'll see if I can figure what's wrong. Not sure what I'm looking for, like usual. Lol
    Check the inside of your diff cup, I've had a diff mess up before and the gears were fine but the pin that holds the spider gears inside the cup the slot the pin slides into was wore out which was making my gears bind up. I just replaced it with xo-1 parts and haven't had a problem since.

RC Competitor
    That really sounds like my problem. I'm trying to see the best way to pull it apart. I ordered an xo 1 differential, just one. Mainly because I had to go with a new wheel and tire set up, yours actually. Lol.

So the smaller gear is the spider or the little one. The pin isn't a part I might have, or a set screw?

Thanks so much and Happy Thanksgiving

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast