Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    My 2400 geared 22/50 maintains low temps at all times on grass or pavement on 2s, have yet to try 3s, top speed is 42mph. However, my VXL-3S will get hot enough to go thermal after 15 minutes or so in tall grass but that is WOT the whole time unless I'm turning around. Can't say that it is a dog even on 2s so I'm sure 3s will be nice. Geared like it is I can do backflips on pretty small jumps. I'm pretty tough on it all the time and when it goes I will be going with the 2650/MMX combo but I don't regret starting out with the 2400.

RC Qualifier
    Started daydreaming and looked at the 2650 setup. Anybody realize you can get the 2650 on eBay for $43 shipped? Yeah it's from China but still, they are $169 at Tower.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    I seen that, but I don't trust ordering something from there, takes forever too get here and might be one of those deals where it's too good to be true.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I'm usually weary of them too. Have ordered a couple things in the past and it does take forever to get here but to save $130 might be worth a shot. PayPal will see to it that you get your money back if it is bogus, they've taken care of me on numerous occasions once for $1700.

RC Qualifier
    Gonna bash what I have till it breaks anyway, just being curious. If I don't hurry and get some 3s batteries I may never tear it up anyway.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    My 2400 geared 22/50 maintains low temps at all times on grass or pavement on 2s, have yet to try 3s, top speed is 42mph. However, my VXL-3S will get hot enough to go thermal after 15 minutes or so in tall grass but that is WOT the whole time unless I'm turning around. Can't say that it is a dog even on 2s so I'm sure 3s will be nice. Geared like it is I can do backflips on pretty small jumps. I'm pretty tough on it all the time and when it goes I will be going with the 2650/MMX combo but I don't regret starting out with the 2400.
    You got to get your 2400 powered P4de on 3s. The 2400 really comes to life on 3s.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I know, been wanting to just too much other crap going on. Christmas for 3 girls and a wife is getting the best of me right now. Soon though it will happen.

Yeah I'm usually weary of them too. Have ordered a couple things in the past and it does take forever to get here but to save $130 might be worth a shot. PayPal will see to it that you get your money back if it is bogus, they've taken care of me on numerous occasions once for $1700.
    That is true lol do you plan on buying the combo or just the motor?

RC Qualifier
    Gonna go for the combo eventually just looking around at the moment seeing what prices look like.

Gonna go for the combo eventually just looking around at the moment seeing what prices look like.
    What made you want a 2650 combo?

RC Qualifier
    I'm just the type of person who always wants more. Really dumb though because I haven't seen the 2400 at its full potential yet.

You sound like me haha, I would suggest waiting till you try it out on 3s or more. Then if your still power hungry then get the 2650kv .

RC Competitor
    I tried 3s with my brand new 2400 and was not impressed ! So I ordered a spc 4s battery and it's so powerful it's completely rediculous !! Wish I could find a happy medium , guess I'm gonna sell the 4s and the 2400 and try a 2650 with 3s !!

My 2400 did great on 3s, what gear was you running?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    My 2400 did great on 3s, what gear was you running?
    Yeah, I too think it might have been a fluke. My 2400 motors rock on 3s.
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    Yeah, I too think it might have been a fluke. My 2400 motors rock on 3s.
    +1^^^^ on that. Heck if my 2400 wouldn't have messed up I would still be running it.

RC Competitor
    Do you guys know how to hold a 4s lipo in a slash 4x4 lcg ?? I even bought a battery extension thing and still the battery is too tall ! So it Flys out !

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrob1974 View Post
    Do you guys know how to hold a 4s lipo in a slash 4x4 lcg ?? I even bought a battery extension thing and still the battery is too tall ! So it Flys out !
    Buy some velcro straps, you can see them in GeneralPedes pictures

If you don't want too cut your chassis like I did, I would suggest these type of Velcro straps.http://www.puretechproducts.com/ptprod_dpsa.htm

This pic was while I was experimenting with the MMP/2400 in my P4de so the wires are a mess. Disregard the temporary foam tube and twist tie to hold the motor wires.

To use tall batteries, I used Velcro straps. Holds like a million, costs pennies, and it's uber easy and fast to do.

Obstacle Magnet

Alright so I've had this combo for almost a month now and figured I'd give my thoughts on it. Power wise this is a great combo, it had made my p4de go from mild too wild. On 3s has pretty much more power than the majority of ppl will ever need, on 4s it's wicked fast and well just plain fun. I've settled with it geared 17/54, that seems too be a good spot for me to run 3/4s without worrying about temps. Driveline has been holding up very well, only thing that has messed up so far is the front ring gear has a flat spot on it, now I'm not sure if the power from this motor is the cause of this, or if this was something that was happening for awhile and just now got to the point where it was noticeable. Other than that issue the rest of the driveline is holding up well. Also just replaced the fan on the mmx, somehow one of the fan blades snapped off can't really say how that happened. Also my slipper clutch assembly has had a lot of play in it for around a month and a half, don't know what caused it, I replaced the slipper shaft along with the bearing adapter thinking maybe those parts had somehow wore down and that's what was causing it. That didn't fix it, so I shimmed the slipper clutch and now it's just as good as it was when I first pulled it out the box. Overall I'm extremely pleased with this powerhouse p4de power FTW!!!! .

RC Competitor
    Alright so I've had this combo for almost a month now and figured I'd give my thoughts on it. Power wise this is a great combo, it had made my p4de go from mild too wild. On 3s has pretty much more power than the majority of ppl will ever need, on 4s it's wicked fast and well just plain fun. I've settled with it geared 17/54, that seems too be a good spot for me to run 3/4s without worrying about temps. Driveline has been holding up very well, only thing that has messed up so far is the front ring gear has a flat spot on it, now I'm not sure if the power from this motor is the cause of this, or if this was something that was happening for awhile and just now got to the point where it was noticeable. Other than that issue the rest of the driveline is holding up well. Also just replaced the fan on the mmx, somehow one of the fan blades snapped off can't really say how that happened. Also my slipper clutch assembly has had a lot of play in it for around a month and a half, don't know what caused it, I replaced the slipper shaft along with the bearing adapter thinking maybe those parts had somehow wore down and that's what was causing it. That didn't fix it, so I shimmed the slipper clutch and now it's just as good as it was when I first pulled it out the box. Overall I'm extremely pleased with this powerhouse p4de power FTW!!!! .
    I'm super pleased with mine as well. Thinking about getting a 4wd D413 buggy and joining the tiny little group we have here. They race monthly, half the year inside and half outside. I love my awesome p4de, just would like people of a like hobby mind to hang with and drive every so often. They do short course too, but those have never appealed to me. For now, I'm going out bashing this moment. Going to try f11 super swampers in back and streets in front . Amazon split my wheels and tires into four orders so I'm waiting on the last to make a complete set.

Quote Originally Posted by matt77tree View Post
    I'm super pleased with mine as well. Thinking about getting a 4wd D413 buggy and joining the tiny little group we have here. They race monthly, half the year inside and half outside. I love my awesome p4de, just would like people of a like hobby mind to hang with and drive every so often. They do short course too, but those have never appealed to me. For now, I'm going out bashing this moment. Going to try f11 super swampers in back and streets in front . Amazon split my wheels and tires into four orders so I'm waiting on the last to make a complete set.
    Indeed it would be nice too hang out with more ppl that have rc's. My gf is the only other person I know that I can play with. I love my swampers, they should do well for you I would imagine, sucks when they mess up online orders like that I feel your pain lol

RC Competitor
    I got my wife a fairly cheap truck. She's a terrible driver so it makes sense. She doesn't steer much so it gets ugly. As long as she has fun. ....

Quote Originally Posted by matt77tree View Post
    I got my wife a fairly cheap truck. She's a terrible driver so it makes sense. She doesn't steer much so it gets ugly. As long as she has fun. ....
    That's all that matters, my body doesn't have much life left in it due too extreme road rash. Just dropped off a new body at the airbrush shop yesterday it should be ready Tuesday or Wednesday so ol General is getting a facelift next week.

RC Competitor
    A new body breathes new life. Enjoy, I'll look forward to seeing the pics.

O yes, it's like having a new truck. Will be sporting a black general lee body this time.

RC Competitor
    Anybody know if the Dynamite 3s 30c 5000mah lipos are good batteries or not ? I allways use spc batteries but honstly I'm tired of them falling apart so I want to try something different and that I can afford... What do you guys think of the dynamite ones ?

Falling apart? You mean the case splits? They are all made that way. It's so that if the cells get damaged and puff it is easy to tell. I found the best solution is to turn the lvc up to 3.5 volts per cell. I haven't puffed a lipo since I did this.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

It's my experience that SPC cases do split quite easily. Jimdog is right. It is a safety precaution so you'll know if the pack is puffed. No worries.

I have never puffed a LiPo the many, many years I've been using them.
    Obstacle Magnet

So I'm running ofna street tires at the moment too see if I can break my previous top at 64mph geared 20/52 in 4s with 2.8 swampers. Geared 17/54 now and top speed was 58mph on 4s wot. It's very stable with these tires so I shouldn't have any problem going past 64. Gonna jump up to 20/50 gearing and see what that gets me.

Hit 69mph with 20/50 gearing. I know it has a little more than that in it but due too road reflectors causing me too keep crashing I have too find me a new spot too do speed runs. Have too say rpm makes a awesome product, massive cartwheel crash more than once at 60 plus mph and only damage that has occurred is a dented body and scuffed up rpm bumpers.

RC Qualifier
    69, man that's gettin' it. You have to be out of road in no time. Can't wait to spend a little more money on mine soon.

69, man that's gettin' it. You have to be out of road in no time. Can't wait to spend a little more money on mine soon.
    Yea and it gets there quick too!!, found a nice looking spot on my way to work, will try it out there once I get off or maybe in the morning sometime. Hoping too get at least 71mph.

RC Qualifier
    I'd take those losi tires too to see if the extra height and ballooning can get you a few more mph.

RC Racer
    Yea and it gets there quick too!!, found a nice looking spot on my way to work, will try it out there once I get off or maybe in the morning sometime. Hoping too get at least 71mph.
    Before you go, trim your nails! Those things are deadly!

Nice Pede...I can barely control 40-45 mph...no idea how you're doing almost 70!

I'd take those losi tires too to see if the extra height and ballooning can get you a few more mph.
    I may try them, but not sure if they will help. The swampers ballooning so bad is what was causing me too not be able too go past 64mph due too it was very very hard too control, with these ofnas it's very stable and doesn't balloon, but any little bump or big rock in the road going this fast will make for a bad day as I found out earlier lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    Before you go, trim your nails! Those things are deadly!

Nice Pede...I can barely control 40-45 mph...no idea how you're doing almost 70!
    Yea I know their bad in that pic, their trimmed now haha. Thanks it's made a big transformation in the 4 months that I've had it. With my monster truck tires I can't get too 70mph, but with these street tires it's make a big difference which is how I'm achieving those speeds, oh and of course 4s lipo and a 2650kv motor .

Alright so after work I found me a little spot in town too try out, it's not perfect but better than the road that's at home. I brought my 2/3/4s lipos with me too try them all out. 2s=36mph, 3s=52mph, and 4s I consistently hit 69mph so i guess that's all it has with these tires and gear. Note that on 2/3s the speeds would have been higher with my 2.8 swampers since they don't balloon bad on them, only on 4s and 60+mph do they start too balloon too the point where it's hard too control. I used my venom 4s this time, earlier I was using the crc 4s. I believe it may hit the 70mph mark if I use my crc lipo it seems too have a little more punch than the venom battery, but I could be wrong. So tmw I will try the crc lipo and see if that helps, will also try out the losi buggy tires as well.
    4s has been taking its toll on this body, hate too destroy such a awesome body but oh well, I have a new one in the paint shop that should be ready soon anyway.
    Here's a video in case anyone is doubting my speed claims.
    Me just goofing off in the parking lot after the speed runs

RC Qualifier
    Sucker is moving that's for sure. Videos are cool to see it in action but you don't have to prove the speed to any doubters. If somebody don't believe you they can look somewhere else, heck with them. You gotta be proud of that, it's awesome.

RC Competitor
    General pede, are u running mmp 2400 or monster 2650 ? Also how do u get your garmin gps to keep the speed on it so you can c how fast it went ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast