Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice videos. You want to go faster throw in some mod1 gears

RC Qualifier
    How are the mod 1 gears different?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpstack View Post
    Sucker is moving that's for sure. Videos are cool to see it in action but you don't have to prove the speed to any doubters. If somebody don't believe you they can look somewhere else, heck with them. You gotta be proud of that, it's awesome.
    I know, but always good too have video proof lol I'm pretty happy with it after tonight's runs I'm putting the swampers back on it and setting it back up for off-road. Maybe one day I'll swap over to mod1 gears and throw a 5 or 6s in it and really push it too the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrob1974 View Post
    General pede, are u running mmp 2400 or monster 2650 ? Also how do u get your garmin gps to keep the speed on it so you can c how fast it went ?
    I'm running the mmx/2650 combo. On my gps when it's on the navigation screen I click on the mph and it pulls up that screen like in the picture and it stays on there for as long as I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Nice videos. You want to go faster throw in some mod1 gears
    Maybe one day lol think this is plenty fast for me. Just wanted too see how fast I could go with the parts I have in hand, plus the faster you go the more parts you break right lol

RC Qualifier
    You need tsm to keep it from crashing in a strait road with no obstaclles heheeh

How are the mod 1 gears different?
    There bigger I know that much lol, but you can also gear up pretty high with those gears. I have seen a stampede geared 34P/34spur on YouTube when using the mod1 gears. That was strictly a speed runner though with those gears
    Quote Originally Posted by benster1 View Post
    You need tsm to keep it from crashing in a strait road with no obstaclles heheeh
    It does have tsm, I just didn't have it turned on when I was running lol. It did land back on its wheels, didn't hurt it beside another scratch too a scratched up body.

RC Competitor
    General pede , how did u connect your velcro straps to your body to hold in your 4s lipo ??

Drilled two slots in my chassis and ran the straps through the chassis

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    4s has been taking its toll on this body...
    With great speed comes great destruction. It's a beautiful thing isn't it!?!
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    With great speed comes great destruction. It's a beautiful thing isn't it!?!
    Indeed so lol

So went back to my lhs today and borrowers this set of tires, these are a little taller than the ofnas and should get me to the 70mph mark

So found a patch of road close too the house for speed runs, didn't have too drive all the way to town again. Today I used my crc 4s lipo and with the ofnas that got me to 70mph. Swapped over too these buggy tires I borrowed from my lhs earlier, they have minimal ballooning as well and are a little taller than the ofnas.
    On 4s these tires got me to 73mph, also brought my 2/3s lipo with me as well too try out with these tires. 2s hit 39mph, and 3s hit 58mph, a couple mph increase compared too last night with the ofnas.

RC Qualifier
    Gotta love those results. What kind of wheel/tires are those?

Very happy with them, I've had enough fun with speed runs, going back too the off-road setup when I get home. Those tires are dynamite speed threads part# is DYN8264.

General pede , how did u connect your velcro straps to your body to hold in your 4s lipo ??
    Finally made it home and took these pics too show you exactly where I cut the holes, if you don't want too cut your chassis then you could have a look at these.http://www.puretechproducts.com/ptprod_dpsa.htm

So, picked up a RR 25T pinion today and now I'm geared 25/50. Gonna see if the general can break 80mph when I get off work.

So, picked up a RR 25T pinion today and now I'm geared 25/50. Gonna see if the general can break 80mph when I get off work.
    Go G-pede! That'd be hauln the mail for sure! Have you seen this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fooIe5gglak
    Last edited by Briber; 01-09-2016 at 12:10 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

2650kv speed and performance

No doubt, will post results once I run it. Will be a couple more hours since I don't get off till midnight. Will also video it as well.

It says stampede but is so modified it doesn't even resemble one, still the speed is crazy!

Yea I've seen that one, thing was hauling. I don't want mine like that, that's strictly a speed runner. I like being able too change mine back and forth with just a tire,suspension, and hearing change.

Yea I've seen that one, thing was hauling. I don't want mine like that, that's strictly a speed runner. I like being able too change mine back and forth with just a tire,suspension, and hearing change.
    Im in the same thought category.

Alright so got to do a few speeds runs, my gf was not able too come with me. I forgot her cousin was spending the night with us, so I wasn't able too get anything on video since I was riding solo. First I tried it in a spot close too my work, it's a good spot but at 1:30 in the morning the lights don't light up much of that patch of the road, so I wasted half my 4s trying too get in a good run, but finally gave up and relocated too our mall, much better place plenty of light. Best I could do on 4s was 76, I don't have a whole lot of room too run it and I have too get a good rolling start up too speed before I can hit the throttle real hard otherwise it'll just flip over I need some weight up front. Threw in the 3s lipo and at wot for a good couple hundred feet that netted 70mph, which isn't bad. So I know I could hit 80, but I have too either find a much bigger place too run or either add some weights too the front too keep it down. Now for the horror story, on one of my passes I clipped the sidewalk at a angle at 73mph sent the p4de flying and cartwheeling, but amazingly didn't tear up not one part. Had a couple blow overs and flips at high speeds and again did not tear up a single part. Now on my last pass on the 3s, I ended up hitting the sidewalk at around 30-40mph head on and well I broke a bunch of parts on that crash lol.
    Damage report is
    1. Busted front diff housing(diff is ok)
    2. Busted front bulkhead
    3. Busted bell crank assembly
    4. Busted 3s lipo case( did not hurt battery)
    5. Busted both front shock caps
    6. Ruined rpm front shock tower
    7. Ripped a-arm from front bulkhead
    Having a blast which resulted is broken parts= priceless!!! So ol General will be down a couple weeks, but will redo the speed runs with videos next time, hopefully I don't crash again lol.

RC Qualifier
    Man I hate to see that but I know you'll enjoy fixing it. I bet you LHS loves to see you pull in. That says alot for the MIP X-duties, I'd like to see the XO1 axles after that. 80 isn't gonna be a problem for you on 4s that's for sure. I have yet to ask you about temps. Are you able to run the whole time even on 4s with 25/50 gearing or do you have to let it cool down here and there? Maybe a couple fishing weights tied to the front bumper, I just wonder if it will nose dive and flip when you hit the brakes then.

Wow! I respectfully hand over the title. You are truly the " Stampede Shredder"! I would've loved to see the tumble run. My little baby speed with 18/54 on NiMH netted a fantastic cartwheel/Summersault for a good distance. I cant even imagine yours it had to be epic! Can't believe it broke bulkhead like that!

hey general how long are your Velcro straps? I'm looking to do a setup similar to yours. I just want to make sure I get the proper straps. how long are they my general?

Man I hate to see that but I know you'll enjoy fixing it. I bet you LHS loves to see you pull in. That says alot for the MIP X-duties, I'd like to see the XO1 axles after that. 80 isn't gonna be a problem for you on 4s that's for sure. I have yet to ask you about temps. Are you able to run the whole time even on 4s with 25/50 gearing or do you have to let it cool down here and there? Maybe a couple fishing weights tied to the front bumper, I just wonder if it will nose dive and flip when you hit the brakes then.
    Yea I hate it too, but I wasn't even bummed out when it happened I laughed, as soon I hit it and seen my wheel go flying I was like uh oh lol. My lhs will get a kick out of this when I stop by later. When my 4s hit lvc my motor temp was 141, ambient temp was 40 degrees. I made a few back to back passes with heavy braking as well I expected motor to be hotter than it was. It's surprised me that it was only at 141. My lhs has some chassis weight that I may buy and tinker with in the next couple of weeks, not sure about the nose diving and flipping. I would probably have too brake really hard for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Wow! I respectfully hand over the title. You are truly the " Stampede Shredder"! I would've loved to see the tumble run. My little baby speed with 18/54 on NiMH netted a fantastic cartwheel/Summersault for a good distance. I cant even imagine yours it had to be epic! Can't believe it broke bulkhead like that!
    Well thanks I try lol. Yea the flip and crashes were funny, even the one that ended my night. Good thing they make replacement parts right!!! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    hey general how long are your Velcro straps? I'm looking to do a setup similar to yours. I just want to make sure I get the proper straps. how long are they my general?
    When I first bought them they were a little over 11inches, which ended up being a little too long for me. I shortened them down too just under 10inches which worked great. I would shoot for getting some that are 10inches in length.

alrighty man thanks for the tip. good looks.

No problem and thanks man.

2650kv speed and performance

Want too give a big shoutout too my lhs I didn't have much cash on hand and didn't wana go too the bank, so he told me too just come on down and pick up what I needed and to just pay whenever I get paid this Friday. Also he didn't have shock caps for my shock in stock and had too order them so while I'm waiting on them he let me borrow his personal shocks off his losi rc till my shock caps come in. Got it back up and running.
    Wanted too see what my black body looked like with these wheels.
    My friend just bought a monster jam body for his p2de and I'm shoe gooing the body for him, so before I started on it I put it on mine too see what it looked like.
    I threw on the revolvers and I have too say I kinda dig this body, makes me want one but their real pricey if you can find one.
    Last edited by GeneralPede01; 01-10-2016 at 04:17 AM.

RC Competitor
    I received an infraction for language , do they mean saying other name brands besides Traxxas !!??

I received an infraction for language , do they mean saying other name brands besides Traxxas !!??
    I didn't know this initially either, but what everyone is supposed to do is check their message first by using the "Go Advanced "option and look for words that are starred out with asterisks and remove them prior to posting. I got a "Language Abuse" notification for using asterisks in my post!
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    OK , that's crazy ! But that's exactly what just happened to me ! Seems rediculous but now I know !

Well, I do laude Traxxas for their not wanting their forum to have even a mention of the unscrupulous folks in our hobby. The system for doing such is a bit wonky but that’s just the way it is.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Cool that you have somebody around to hook you up like that. Wish I had a LHS so I could look at some things prior to ordering. Crazy what people pay for those bodies, are they thicker and better built than the P4de stockers?

Yea I'm very thankful for having a awesome lhs like that. They don't seem too be built better, it's just since they don't make them anymore, the ppl who do have them have the price skyjacked. Would love too have a grave digger body, but can't see myself paying that much for a body.

Added some weights too my old rpm bumper, gonna see if that helps out.

RC Competitor
    Where do I get those weights from man ?

Added some weights too my old rpm bumper, gonna see if that helps out.
    Do they make or can you fab a small wing or air foil on front for some down force?

RC Competitor
    General, don't u have a monster 2650 in your pede? I have a slash 4x4 with the monster 2650 in it , that was an easy install ! But I also have a Stampede 4x4 but I can't see how I would fit the 2650 in it without changing it to a slash chassis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Do they make or can you fab a small wing or air foil on front for some down force?
    There are wings and stuff I could modify too work, but I'm trying too see what I can push it too without having to use any type of aero bumper etc.
    General, don't u have a monster 2650 in your pede? I have a slash 4x4 with the monster 2650 in it , that was an easy install ! But I also have a Stampede 4x4 but I can't see how I would fit the 2650 in it without changing it to a slash chassis ?
    It's fits just fine, just have too dremel off the vxl mounting points and some of the driveshaft tunnel. Yes I run the mix/2650 combo.
    The weight I use are losi chassis weights my lhs had them in stock losa99201 is the part number.

RC Competitor
    Thank you ! Is that a 3s or 4s battery yur running in there ?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast