Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Competitor

Red face Pricing is extremely surprising! $800

I am not sure what you guys think, but $600 for an sl4sh ultimate all of a sudden seems like a rip off! I never use telemetry, always bottom out, always roll over on bumps even with Trenchers, etc. This thing is coming out just in time for christmas and don't you get it wrong that i really want me an x maxx. Not only the features, but also the body look plain awesome! metal big bores stock, 40+ mph, heavy cvds, self righting, tsm, awesome looks, heay duty everything, and more, all for $800! This seems too good to be true and I hope that traxxas is not playing tricks on us!
    Do not take life too seriously, you won't survive.

RC Qualifier
    That's the only reason I pre ordered I have close to double what an emaxx brushless cost in my e maxx for all the upgrades this truck has you can not beat the price at all

Quote Originally Posted by Plopauce View Post
    I am not sure what you guys think, but $600 for an sl4sh ultimate all of a sudden seems like a rip off! I never use telemetry, always bottom out, always roll over on bumps even with Trenchers, etc. This thing is coming out just in time for christmas and don't you get it wrong that i really want me an x maxx. Not only the features, but also the body look plain awesome! metal big bores stock, 40+ mph, heavy cvds, self righting, tsm, awesome looks, heay duty everything, and more, all for $800! This seems too good to be true and I hope that traxxas is not playing tricks on us!
    This is the best thread I have read so far on the X-Maxx, some tend to think it's over priced . I am with you on this one Plopauce, with or without a coupon (?) I feel it's a bargain.
    I read most of the threads on the X-Maxx only to laugh at most of them, heck the trucks not out yet and there is assumptions that it does not have the right equipment or what scale is it or bodies,maintenance,kit or roller?
    I'll just wait to see it when it comes out to make assumptions, but I do like the price!
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

Yup the price is reasonable for what you get. But still we dont know how good the truck really is

RC Racer
    I don't think 40+ is gonna happen. 35+ maybe 40 at most

35 mph is more than enough for such a truck

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    35 mph is more than enough for such a truck
    I agree... Watching YouTube videos of other 1/5 trucks going over 40 mph is kinda scary IMO...

Btw, I think the price is great too...
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Agree considering the size, and the improvements it is a good price.

RC Champion
    A rig this big and heavy.. I think TRX is wise to keep it under 40mph for safety reasons and to help the brand new design to run cooler. They certainly know people will make it faster on day one !
    3905 E-MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    A rig this big and heavy.. I think TRX is wise to keep it under 40mph for safety reasons and to help the brand new design to run cooler. They certainly know people will make it faster on day one !
    I guess safety is not really the reason why this truck goes "only" 35 mph

if they were worried about safety the XO-1 wouldn't exist.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrysMaxx View Post
    This is the best thread I have read so far on the X-Maxx, some tend to think it's over priced . I am with you on this one Plopauce, with or without a coupon (?) I feel it's a bargain.
    I read most of the threads on the X-Maxx only to laugh at most of them, heck the trucks not out yet and there is assumptions that it does not have the right equipment or what scale is it or bodies,maintenance,kit or roller?
    I'll just wait to see it when it comes out to make assumptions, but I do like the price!
    Agreed... I first learned of it shortly after it was posted. From what I saw initially I was honestly expecting $1,000 to $1,199 for this beast and truthfully if it had been $1,000 I still would have pre ordered but when I saw the unbelievable $800 price I called Tower immediately and canceled a two RC Axial (Yeti SCORE and Yeti XL) order that I had placed online earlier that morning so that I could pre order the X-Maxx... The SCORE made it back on the pre order but the XL wasn't so lucky LOL! So yes! I too think the X-Maxx is a bargain.
    Last edited by ManChild79; 11-07-2015 at 12:26 AM.
    X-MAXX,5SC,6ix,5ive-T,BAJA-REY,SCORE,RR10,VEKTA.5

RC Racer
    my only complaint is cant they make a dumbed down version that is around 300 for people who dont have very much money?

RC Enthusiast
    300 would not exactly buy you much of it, maybe the Motor and ESC together?

$300.00 will get you a used brushed erevo or emaxx.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    I totally agree! I had an all aluminum tmaxx 3.3, it went 40 ish, maybe 45. It was a 25 pound bullet! It was scary as heck driving that around!

RC Qualifier
    The dumbed down version is the stampede vxl 4x4

I was hoping to get one through Tower Hobbies but now I don't think I'm going to own one at all due to the price. Bummer!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
    The dumbed down version is the stampede vxl 4x4
    lol yes i know ill just have to wait for it to get cheaper

RC Qualifier
    Dumbed down of the stampede 4x4? Think people are to worried about the speed and dont consider its size/weight. My brushless converted 5th clocked at 53 and its not necessary at all.

RC Racer
    this rig is cutting a new path in RC. It seems to be almost a 1/5 scale sized rig . A 1/5 scale rig that is brushless, a monster truck and also the glory of being the new kid on the block. Well somethings are priceless, but $800 bucks for a 1/5 scale rig is really not to bad.

Many people forget that it's a hobby. Hobby class vehicles will never have the massive sales numbers that toy RC cars have in Walmart, for example. With the relatively tiny slice of population that is involved in the RC hobby, RC companies do what they can do to keep prices within a reasonable range. Considering all the engineering and research that went into the X-Maxx, not to mention all the premium parts that are included, I was also expecting a $1000 plus price point. $800 is an excellent value!

The fact is that the hobby is expensive. The vehicles are expensive and then the required repairs continue to cost money after the initial purchase. I can love the hobby all I want but if I am unwilling or unable to spend the money required to successfully participate in the hobby it will only frustrate me if I do get in. Dirt bikes, jet skis, motor yachts, Lamborghinis etc... are also hobbies that would be a lot of fun except for the price of participation. No matter how much I like them I cannot justify the cost. Those hobbies are not for me and complaining about prices is not going to change that. The people who do participate in those hobbies typically understand and accept the price of participating.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

Traxxas did his best to make this truck "affordable" considering all the upgrades they made to it, if you compare this truck with the Erevo or Emaxx that cost about the same none of those trucks comes with all the upgrades this truck has.

RC Racer
    The price point for what is offered on the tuck blew me away! At $800 this is a great deal. I will have to pick me up one and I know the wife is already complaining. Being a design engineer that does mainly custom work, I was sure this was going to be between $1000 to $1500. Great job Traxxas with this! I'm excited to get one... Nicely said Nitro Chicken.

Canadian Dollar sucks right now, why oh why does it have to suck.
    Just saw this guy posted on the LHS website and it is $1059.99 CAD

When the time comes, if the dollar doesn't smarten up, i will for sure have to be paying attention to tower coupons and so on, and looking for shipping deals, although at this size and weight im sure nobody is planning on offering free intl shipping haha.
    (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

Camerón Tower coupons are no longer valid for traxxas items...new policy.

... well there goes that idea lol.
    I was not aware of that, although i haven't bought anything new RC in about a year now.
    (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Camerón Tower coupons are no longer valid for traxxas items...new policy.
    NFS, did this just recently go into effect; I bought a Bandit back in August or Sept. and had no problem using a coupon?

Yup since mid or end of October if not wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Glad I bought the Bandit when I did; I saved a fair amount. I doubt I'll ever buy something like the XMaxx, but I certainly have been enjoying all the conversations about it. I can certainly understand the excitement.

RC Competitor
    Bad thing, You can get it in mid december, but rpm and other companies will likely take a while to get a arms, bumpers, and other improvements in. I just made a BAJR setup with trencher 2.8 on my sl4sh ultimate I only have rpm arms and bumpers and the ultimate kit, and it is the best truck ever, only put $500 into the whole car, I love it more than our ERBE with the same upgrades! Therfore, I would never buy an xmaxx, mostly because of my wallet, but also because I walk to my running spot and carry my car. Xmaxx is like carrying a cannonball :/ !

RC Competitor
    Yup since mid or end of October if not wrong.
    The new Traxxas MAP went into effect October 30th.

I for one think the price is a huge benefit to those who want to get into larger scale but can't afford an initial investment of over $1000. Sure, the batteries will take it up around there, but most of the people that plan to get an X-Maxx already have the chargers and at least some sort of batteries that will get them going.

I am super stoked and as soon as they arrive at our shop I plan on digging right in.

Pricing is extremely surprising! $800

Quote Originally Posted by Plopauce View Post
    I walk to my running spot and carry my car. Xmaxx is like carrying a cannonball :/ !
    You don't have to carry the truck when you can go like this.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    $300.00 will get you a used brushed erevo or emaxx.
    While I think $300 is asking way too much, I'd like to see something like the Slash Platinum, which has no rx, tx, telemetry, and an unpainted body. Saving quite a bit.

However, I do think $800 is one heck of a good price rtr. I was guessing $1000.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 11-10-2015 at 07:41 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    I personally don't think I'll be buying one because of the price. But I can't see myself paying the $1000 (in Canada) for a new one. And I think it's too big, even though I haven't seen one yet. But like other people have said, I like how Traxxas made certain components stronger.

And it's not that I don't want one, that and there's not many places to run such a big RC.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 11-10-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

I noticed the same, I guess people are trying to get some extra $$ for this beast.

What's on the X that's considered an "upgrade" these days?

With 1/5 scale size/weight, you pretty much have to have brushless, heavy duty diffs, heavy duty center axle/slipper and outer axles. Those things are a "must have" vs "want to have" to make this thing last more than 1 battery pack of running.

Just noticing a lot of "it's worth $xxxx" due to all the "upgrades" posts and I don't really get that. It costs what it people are willing to pay for it, plain and simple.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    Many people forget that it's a hobby. Hobby class vehicles will never have the massive sales numbers that toy RC cars have in Walmart, for example. With the relatively tiny slice of population that is involved in the RC hobby, RC companies do what they can do to keep prices within a reasonable range. Considering all the engineering and research that went into the X-Maxx, not to mention all the premium parts that are included, I was also expecting a $1000 plus price point. $800 is an excellent value!

The fact is that the hobby is expensive. The vehicles are expensive and then the required repairs continue to cost money after the initial purchase. I can love the hobby all I want but if I am unwilling or unable to spend the money required to successfully participate in the hobby it will only frustrate me if I do get in. Dirt bikes, jet skis, motor yachts, Lamborghinis etc... are also hobbies that would be a lot of fun except for the price of participation. No matter how much I like them I cannot justify the cost. Those hobbies are not for me and complaining about prices is not going to change that. The people who do participate in those hobbies typically understand and accept the price of participating.
    So, what I'm hearing is "Hey, if you can't afford it, don't buy it! Move on to something cheaper and be happy with what you can afford"

I would think that a Traxxas Employee would be sitting back taking notes from a feedback perspective instead of trying to justify why Traxxas designed an RC that no one expected or asked for!

I say that from the perspective of a company using a forum to get a pulse of the people, to see where the company wants to go next, to see what the people buying and participating in the hobby want the hobby to go and spending research dollars in that arena. BUT, that is just my observation. I'm not at all convinced traxxas listens to their customers or the market. Quite frankly, I doubt you even care. But, that is totally fine when you keep breaking the RC mold and redefining the hobby.

The lesson here or the "take away" is read the thread and find some tidbit to take back to the boss for him to chew on. We all like it, we still think 800$ is a lot to shell out for a basher and not a high end racer - plain and simple. I think you're taking this thread personally. (The mark of an educated mind is to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle)

If this is my last post in the Traxxas forum, it has been nice sharing with you all. Gone are the days when we state our opinion without offense and our comments are used to convey a message needed to be said.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post

Well said Nitro Chicken! Well Said!
    X-MAXX,5SC,6ix,5ive-T,BAJA-REY,SCORE,RR10,VEKTA.5

You have no idea what you are talking about. People have been clamoring for a large scale vehicle from Traxxas since the last one was discontinued.
    And if you can't afford it, then you certainly shouldn't buy it and you should move on to something cheaper. Duh, it's called having a budget, basic household economics. This activity of ours is not a right. It is an elective past time. It is not simple play. It is not work. It is a HOBBY, something that almost always requires a constant and not insignificant input of disposable income. This is true whether one is scrapbooking, collecting stamps, tuning autos, firing weapons, running trains, etc. ad nauseum. Nobody ever promised you, me, or anyone else that they they'd be able to afford whatever they wanted in any hobby they chose.
    The general consensus is that there's no problem with the price point and that there is no problem with the choices made in the design because they seem to be appropriate. So what is your problem? If anybody is going overboard and seeming to take a post personally, just look in the mirror and you'll see that dude.
    WRT to taking notes, you haven't expressed anything worthy of that, though you have given decent evidence that one can copy a quote from Aristotle but not understand it.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast