Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCAL View Post
    Hello!
    In France the price of the new X-MAXX in pre - commanded is 1050€ !!!
    Pascal.
    That's about $1130.75 at the current exchange rate.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    That's about $1130.75 at the current exchange rate.
    Im looking at $1066 plus 13% tax, so $1200 with current exchange rate.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Qualifier
    Already been checking eBay and Craigslist for used stuff. Waiting till after the holidays before I look to serious. Gotta spend money on the wife's gift first or I'm doomed lol. Plus might be able to get more deals from people who got things as gifts and have no or lost interest in it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    That last bit is especially true.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    just not liking the Price when i have to do a currency conversion to CND but over all thats a good price for such a big truck!
    Last edited by Schs2013; 11-14-2015 at 05:51 PM.
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

Quote Originally Posted by PASCAL View Post
    Hello!
    In France the price of the new X-MAXX in pre - commanded is 1050€ !!!
    Pascal.
    buy it in germany or austria: €830,-

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    Already been checking eBay and Craigslist for used stuff. Waiting till after the holidays before I look to serious. Gotta spend money on the wife's gift first or I'm doomed lol. Plus might be able to get more deals from people who got things as gifts and have no or lost interest in it.
    Get the wife a thoughtful gift of a very large box that weighs 20 pounds !
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    Is there an easy way to use the old Traxxas batteries with the new ID connectors that should be on the X-Maxx?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    buy it in germany or austria: €830,-
    Good news ! Thanks !
    X-MAXX for EVER............

Pricing is extremely surprising! $800

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Is there an easy way to use the old Traxxas batteries with the new ID connectors that should be on the X-Maxx?
    Yes, the ID connector is backwards compatible with the older style batteries.
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    Great idea. I will buy her(me) the xmaxx and I will borrow it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    A vacuum cleaner for Christmas!
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Competitor
    the new MAP pricing is only for the x-maxx. you can still use tower coupon codes for other traxxas vehicles. My thoughts are that traxxas priced this vehicle to sell. Knowing it would release just before christmas and would be wanted by many. and priced it accordingly and is using MAP pricing to even the field amongst retailers both online and hobby shops. Remember when the XO-1 was $1200? now $700 Im sure some people were pretty upset when they bought the xo-1 just before the price drop. $800 is reasonable. The super5scflux with castle 2200 setup was $1000, and not near the innovation of the x-maxx.

RC Qualifier
    I'm wondering if this will bring the price down on the emaxx

Quote Originally Posted by tallj2000 View Post
    I'm wondering if this will bring the price down on the emaxx
    I don't thinks so

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    the new MAP pricing is only for the x-maxx. you can still use tower coupon codes for other traxxas vehicles. My thoughts are that traxxas priced this vehicle to sell. Knowing it would release just before christmas and would be wanted by many. and priced it accordingly and is using MAP pricing to even the field amongst retailers both online and hobby shops. Remember when the XO-1 was $1200? now $700 Im sure some people were pretty upset when they bought the xo-1 just before the price drop. $800 is reasonable. The super5scflux with castle 2200 setup was $1000, and not near the innovation of the x-maxx.
    I stand corrected. looks like its all the traxxas products now.........bummer!

RC Enthusiast
    Forescott, When I go to the Tower site and check on any Traxxas vehicle this shows beneath the photo: This item does not qualify for Coupon Code discounts.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DarianRachal View Post
    Forescott, When I go to the Tower site and check on any Traxxas vehicle this shows beneath the photo: This item does not qualify for Coupon Code discounts.
    Yeah, thanks I just saw that. When I preordered the x-maxx it was the only vehicle that wouldn't take the coupon. Looks like only traxxas parts and batteries can be used with coupons now.

RC Qualifier
    I was shocked at how cheap it was, even in the UK.

Ive been out of the hobby for 3/4 years, I saw it on Instagram, thought thats going to be silly money. I was shocked it was 649 so my Mrs ordered me one for Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    I was shocked at how cheap it was, even in the UK.

Ive been out of the hobby for 3/4 years, I saw it on Instagram, thought thats going to be silly money. I was shocked it was 649 so my Mrs ordered me one for Xmas
    649 is not that cheap. Equals about €920. In Germany and Austria we pay only €830,-

US price is still the cheapest by far. As always on traxxas stuff

RC Qualifier
    649 is not that cheap. Equals about €920. In Germany and Austria we pay only €830,-

US price is still the cheapest by far. As always on traxxas stuff
    I never get involved with what other countries pay. I dont live there. There are too many variables such as cost of living, wages, taxes etc.

Comparing prices to America for example is pointless.. For a start none of my wage (after tax) goes towards any healthcare. Thats just one of a million examples. Im sure there are advantages and disadvantages whatever way you look at it, but the only real outlook is, you look at the price the product is in your country, and relate that to other products/your income, and decide wether that particular price is reasonable.
    Last edited by Kpowell911; 11-15-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    I never get involved with what other countries pay. I dont live there. There are too many variables such as cost of living, wages, taxes etc.

Comparing prices to America for example is pointless.. For a start none of my wage (after tax) goes towards any healthcare. Thats just one of a million examples. Im sure there are advantages and disadvantages whatever way you look at it, but the only real outlook is, you look at the price the product is in your country, and relate that to other products/your income, and decide wether that particular price is reasonable.
    Yup that is absolutely true, but you can order in other EU countries and get better prices. That was what I am talking about.

RC Qualifier
    Yup that is absolutely true, but you can order in other EU countries and get better prices. That was what I am talking about.
    Oh I appreciate that. Something I used to do frequently, but with postage on a say 26lb package, im not going to save much, and would be unliklely to have it for Xmas lol..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    What's on the X that's considered an "upgrade" these days?

With 1/5 scale size/weight, you pretty much have to have brushless, heavy duty diffs, heavy duty center axle/slipper and outer axles. Those things are a "must have" vs "want to have" to make this thing last more than 1 battery pack of running.

Just noticing a lot of "it's worth $xxxx" due to all the "upgrades" posts and I don't really get that. It costs what it people are willing to pay for it, plain and simple.
    I'm not sure what point you were trying to make or if it even matters. Whether or not you want to call these parts "upgrades" or "must haves" isn't really relevant. Whatever moniker you want to use, the end result is that they add to the cost and an $800 asking price is not at all unreasonable for what you're getting. Upgrade or must have alike.

Do you guys think tower will have easy pay?

I think the X-MAXX is reasonably priced. I guess to keep operating costs low, careful bashing too hard haha.

Again, given the size, ergonomic design, space and innovation in the X-MAXX, I think it is reasonably priced. Now, just got to get it delivered so I can run it! I do hope, and have faith, it is durable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    Do you guys think tower will have easy pay?
    Also wondering this. Although I don't see how anyone here will know. It seems for more expensive items the answer is no, until now and then I see an expensive item that proves me wrong .
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    Gone are the days when we state our opinion without offense and our comments are used to convey a message needed to be said.
    I find this very amusing if you are talking about the Traxxas forum...

Being an old member here, I do not recall such moments in this privately funded forum. I recall voicing my 2 centabos way back in the day, and getting my ear pulled by Oval Queen, lol...

But back to the topic, the OP is correct, Traxxas's pricing on the X-Max is on point with this behemoths. In my local hobby shop they carry the 1/5 scale SCT, and Buggy, and they sell very well. I love their sheer size, but their price point is off my R/C budget, and I accept that with out having to voice my opinion. Nitro Chicken said it best, not everything that is produced it meant for everyone wallet size.
    "We know who you are"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    I find this very amusing if you are talking about the Traxxas forum...

Being an old member here, I do not recall such moments in this privately funded forum. I recall voicing my 2 centabos way back in the day, and getting my ear pulled by Oval Queen, lol...

But back to the topic, the OP is correct, Traxxas's pricing on the X-Max is on point with this behemoths. In my local hobby shop they carry the 1/5 scale SCT, and Buggy, and they sell very well. I love their sheer size, but their price point is off my R/C budget, and I accept that with out having to voice my opinion. Nitro Chicken said it best, not everything that is produced it meant for everyone wallet size.
    Yup, must admit, this is (or was) THE Strictist forum Ive been on (going back 10 years ish!) haha

RC Racer
    I stand corrected. looks like its all the traxxas products now.........bummer!
    Traxxas sent out a letter in October to all dealers telling them Coupon codes are not allowed to be applied towards Traxxas products starting in November. I knew this and ordered the X-Maxx before this policy was implemented at some retailers.

RC Racer
    You can pre-order on ebay for $799 + free shipping and get $16 (2%) in ebay bucks . When there is a promo like 4x ebay bucks, the X-Maxx comes out to $735.

RC poster
    what are the run times going to be ??

Quote Originally Posted by jaredg430 View Post
    Probably should keep this question to the new thread you already created instead of here.
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

You should get really large 3s Lipos for that big truck. Something around 8000 mah to get a decent runtime. I would guess with 5000 mahs runtime would be pretty short. All depending on driving style. WOT all the time and it will be over after a couple of minutes.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 11-17-2015 at 03:26 PM.

nobody knows for sure until the truck is tested for the fans probably 10,15,20 min anything will be an approx, the best thing to do is to have at least two sets of lipos or more.

I read something about 15 min with 5000mahs 3s (random bashing) on german forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123