Thread: Run times

RC poster

Run times

i have ordered a xmaxx i am excited but i have a concern what do you think the estimated run time would be. if i run a around a 40 or 50c 5000 batteries, i am just concerned because i only think ill get 10 minute runtimes if that's the case i might cancel my order and go with a gas kit, any input would be great i would like to know what you think

RC Qualifier
    That's the case...

that depends on too many factors like quality of the lipos, driving style and terrain.. there is no data for sure but I would say no more than 20min at maxx.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredg430 View Post
    i have ordered a xmaxx i am excited but i have a concern what do you think the estimated run time would be. if i run a around a 40 or 50c 5000 batteries, i am just concerned because i only think ill get 10 minute runtimes if that's the case i might cancel my order and go with a gas kit, any input would be great i would like to know what you think
    A lot of people will get a few 5k MAH batteries and use a charger off their car. If you want a really long run time you should get two 6s and run them parallel. You will get the punch of a 6s but much longer rune times and cooler electronics.

RC poster
    Yea i just hope its more then 10 or 15 minutes, i wish traxxas would give some data about this. They should say what the run time it would be with there 5000 lipos. I just think is gonna have a short runtime because they never said anything about it at all.

Yea i just hope its more then 10 or 15 minutes, i wish traxxas would give some data about this. They should say what the run time it would be with there 5000 lipos. I just think is gonna have a short runtime because they never said anything about it at all.
    As NFS stated, there are too many variables to make a general prediction. Whether too long or too short, the estimate simply cannot be accurate.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Like stated above, there's so many factors that come in to play when determining run time. Traxxas never has and never will give an estimated run time because of this. If I had to guess, with 5000mah packs you would see 10-15 minutes and 20 max. This ESC/Motor is hungry I'm sure.

edit: ksb beat me to it.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Estimated time on 4s 5000mah lipos, going slow I wonder?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Like stated above, there's so many factors that come in to play when determining run time. Traxxas never has and never will give an estimated run time because of this. If I had to guess, with 5000mah packs you would see 10-15 minutes and 20 max. This ESC/Motor is hungry I'm sure.

edit: ksb beat me to it.
    Yea i agree jus wondering if that information is out there

RC Racer
    Just my opinion, but the extra $$'s spent on some bigger batteries far out-weighs the issues you have to deal with when running nitro.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurMaxx View Post
    Just my opinion, but the extra $$'s spent on some bigger batteries far out-weighs the issues you have to deal with when running nitro.
    Electric all the way

Quote Originally Posted by BlurMaxx View Post
    No issues with nitro if you know what your doing...
    Two stroke smoke

Gentlemen:
    Stay on topic.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =