Thread: Tsm for e-revo

RC poster

Lightbulb Tsm for e-revo

Hi all,

I want to install the new Traxxas TSM in my stock E-Revo 1/10 Brushless Edition.

At first I have the TQI transmitter with iPhone Dock and in the logo the red i. And the receiver that come stock with that. My question is WHAT do I need for going to TSM, only a new receiver or a new receiver and a new TQI?

And if I need to have a new TQI AND RECEIVER, is this a good option?
    https://www.toprc.nl/traxxas-tqi-24g...ontvanger.html
    And do I need a link module and which then? Or something else?

THANKS! And have a Nice day!
    Thank you very much!
    SMILE MORE :)

RC Racer
    If you have a red TQi and an iphone docking station, you should have received a firmware update for your transmitter through the Traxxas app. This will activate the TSM menu options on your transmitter.
    So, the only thing you'd need is the TSM receiver!

Here's the link to the TSM receiver on the same webshop: TRX-6533

If you want the extra 3rd channel (e.g. for a 2-speed conversion, TX-controlled lights, a winch, ....), the price of the combo unit you linked to is very good! (the receiver alone costs about half of the combo kit)

Grtz,

Degake
    Last edited by degake; 11-27-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4

Why install software when you can install hardware, you don't need TSM if you use the central differential.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by degake View Post
    If you want the extra 3rd channel (e.g. for a 2-speed conversion, TX-controlled lights, a winch, ....), the price of the combo unit you linked to is very good! (the receiver alone costs about half of the combo kit)

Hello degake,

I use this LED kit on my-revo:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7185

The lights are always powered on when the battery is connected (it uses the power connector of the battery). But there are also some red connectors which are not used by default.

Do you think I can connect those red connectors to the new receiver and control the lights operation from my TQi controller (i need the 3rd channel as you mention, so the newest TQi is the way to go, right)?

RC Qualifier
    I doubt it. The power at the rx never switches off /on. It sends a PWM signal to be interpreted by a servo board or PWM switch.