Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    That's right, thanks. I guess we'll add that to the list of replace it when I break it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismm6773 View Post
    lol I just left LHS I did the exact same thing
    me too lol

I have to admit, when you started this thread i couldn't figure out why you wanted more?
    Now 1 of my rigs run the MAX5 and 1340 with the new 8S only getting also a max5.

I also have a nib '15 6S that I'm doing what you're doing now. I have the bulkheads & cush. I'm just installing the cush in it. I'm anxious to see how a stock 6S with only the cush drive installed performs?

You were one of the 1st.

He was the first to do the 8s thing. Kershaw Designs and Traxxas got their ideas from Mr. Vip who had the 8s thing figured out over a year ago.

Hi Vip, nice to hear from you again.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-11-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Thanks guys! Glad to see most of the original people on here are still abusing this truck!

Also, good to see Traxxas beefing things up!!! Love the central diff.

Not a big fan of metal on metal with the spur gear. Anything we can do about the noise? Hard to hear when a diff self destructs over the ringing.

I still run the V1 version, because it has worked very well for me with my Castle/Leopard upgrade and running 6s. With me running this upgraded Xmaxx with 54/29 gearing, I'm getting almost the same performance as a stock V2 8s version with me only spending 1/3 the money batteries...3s is a lot cheaper to run than 4s. Anyway, so far, the only problem I have had with my V1 Xmaxx is on my last run, of my last day of the season, I blew a rear diff cup bearing. I can live with that.

I may throw in the older plastic spur gear with the thrust bearing from Kershaw.

I'd suggest trying out the center diff. Improves drivabilty of this truck.

I will someday, but I'm in no hurry to spend money on another upgrade when I have everything working great. Down the road, though, when my spare parts (that I got for a really good next to nothing prices) dries up I will. Till then, I really like how my/your mods turned out on it, how my truck looks, and how it handles.

RC Qualifier
    Has this fellow just accidentally dumped his home work in the thread at 3:32am? That's burning the mid night oil! I give you a A for commitment but a F for failing to hand it in to the right people. Haha!.

Yes, I don't understand either. What does Fav Links, Gorgeous and practical dynamic effects, Huge font accurately convey the meaning of the brand, Virtual reality technology combined with content, and Tailor content for different users,
    has to do with the "Price of green beans in Yugoslavia." I'm not trying to be bean, but I just don't have a clue as to why this was used as a reply.

I'm missing what you see so I guess the mods got rid of it. Been busy on another project and haven't run the truck lately.

Other project = CNC Router built with 80/20.

Yep, it looks like that reply that o0wiz0o and I were talking about got deleted. Anyway, cool project! Also...someday...if you wouldn't mind, you're going to have to share with me some of your tips on how I can keep my project work area as tidy and organized as you. (lol) I particularly like how you displayed your muffler proudly on the file cabinet...a very nice touch. (lol) Anyway, thanks for sharing, and don't get to busy. Your Xmaxx needs love too you know!
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-26-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yep, it looks like that reply that o0wiz0o and I were talking about got deleted.
    It was spam.
    The Super Derecho

NB, I have that identical table. It's my RC Travel Trailer. I take it on all runs. It's nice cause I can get my legs under it and is right at chest/-top a beely. Then when it's folded it has a nice little grab handle.

The contraption up on top of it I have no clue, lo.l
    Last edited by rtmike; 05-28-2017 at 05:34 PM.

RC Competitor
    Hey Mr Viper awesome build you have inspired me to build two Xmaxx's one V1 I've owned for over a year and a Green V2. I need some help with my two builds V1 Xl x 2028 combo and a Green V2 also adding the same Xl x. 2028 combo. My question is what diff fluid are you using? As I plan on doing a total rebuild on my older V1, I would like to change the diff fluid to accommodate for the extra torque that will be produced by the Xl x 2028 800kv combo. Also I have added cage mod to both Xmaxx's, I love to take big jumps. The stock 30wt has worked good for me in the past as you can see in first video, but with the added weight from 2028 motor plus the cage I think a heavier wt would be better. What would you recommend as far as shock oil wt and diff fluids.

https://youtu.be/JLQlYQqez1c

https://youtu.be/JetaG4MpWKo

https://youtu.be/qSwiNIUjs84

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112