Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    There will be alot of aftermarket power systems for this truck. Castle will be next, they will probably make a whole new motor and esc for this truck.
    Haha if it's one thing castle does, it's not making application specific hardware. The market has been screaming at them for a 10s capable system since large scale became popular. I doubt they will even honor a warranty for this type of use.

But this does look really cool and Kershaw is doing good by trying to stay with the game. I'm curious to see how the diffs hold out

Quote Originally Posted by JKRacing View Post
    Haha if it's one thing castle does, it's not making application specific hardware. The market has been screaming at them for a 10s capable system since large scale became popular. I doubt they will even honor a warranty for this type of use.

But this does look really cool and Kershaw is doing good by trying to stay with the game. I'm curious to see how the diffs hold out
    Do u think the 2200 and the mm2 would work in this, it does really well in the yeti xl

RC Competitor
    I don't think the 2200 has enough- 19lbs is 1/5 scale. The 1717 probably is at its limit and that motor has considerably more size than the 2200.

RC Champion
    Very nice man.. love the torque the truck is capable of with this setup.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Racer
    Next video request: Bleeping gargantuan drift tires

I wonder how an Horizon Hobby DYNS1660 1200kv 1/6 motor would work with the Xmaxx's ESC, and if its' dimensions are close to the Xmaxx's stock motor.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster

Got my motor mounted

RC Competitor
    I hope it's not just zip tied

RC poster
    It is to hold the back down to the mount. It's temporary until the mounts are down. This is how viper did his at first

Quote Originally Posted by JKRacing View Post
    I hope it's not just zip tied
    People underestimate the power of zip-ties!!

Honestly, I was able to run without any issues with this setup up, but it's certainly not a permanent solution.

Jebusr1: Nice work by the way!!!

RC poster
    Thank you! I have you to thank for all the awesome details. Without it I probably wouldn't have even tried it

RC Enthusiast
    very nice build!
    Slash 4x4 ultimate / X-Maxx / Losi 5ive-t

RC poster
    i think i go with the same build ... very nice done NBViper

pretty sick, yea zip ties beastly
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC poster
    @NBVIPER about how long did this take and was the esc mounting plate the only 100% custom piece? I'm pretty happy with the stock truck even tough ts broken arm but you have inspired another. I see a castle creations buy and major mod for my x-maxx coin soon. And lastly did have you broken any parts yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbisse View Post
    @NBVIPER about how long did this take and was the esc mounting plate the only 100% custom piece? I'm pretty happy with the stock truck even tough ts broken arm but you have inspired another. I see a castle creations buy and major mod for my x-maxx coin soon. And lastly did have you broken any parts yet?
    Execution was actually only a few hours since everything was planned.

Correct that the ESC plate was initially the only completely fabricated part. I later made a custom aluminum mount for the motor.

Nothing busted yet, I still expect something to break each time I run it.
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

I did some GPS speed runs today.

At 6S, hit 38mph
    At 8S, hit 51mph

I had to slam the front end (as another member on here had done) to keep this thing under control. (Sorry, no vids)

Happy to say nothing damaged and the motor topped out at only 80F. It was 35F out.

My son wanted to do some runs as well! Huge 9mph for him!

Also, here is my remote setup. Surprised Traxxas hasn't offered a solution for this yet.

More zip ties!!!

RC Competitor
    I think you have plenty of room to go. My Baja would easily hit 55 with that setup.

Thanks JK. I'm not in it specifically for speed, but it's fun to see what it will do.

With the current 40T/46T setup, theoretical max is in the 60mph range. I've got some larger pinions on order.

RC Competitor
    what do you think about the kershaw leopard 1340kv or 950kv setup for the xmaxx ?

RC Competitor
    can you show a close of up of how you pulled the front end down? i really need to get a gps run on mine with the 21/46 setup.. its funny how i can keep the nose down until about the 4th run.. then its like the batteries just wake up....

RC poster
    So those GPS speeds were on 40T Pinion 46T spur? Or 35T pinion 46T spur as per earlier in the thread?

What gearing was the youtube 6s video?

I have a xlx / 2028 on the way, just deciding whether to move to 8s or keep the 6s.

RC Racer
    wow awsome build, i have only been introduced to brush less recently and have loved every minute of it. the only thing i regret is taking the $300 that was meant for an x-maxx and buying a erbe! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOk84 View Post
    what do you think about the kershaw leopard 1340kv or 950kv setup for the xmaxx ?
    I have no personal experience with Leopard, but I can't imagine it wouldn't work well. The motor size is designed for this size vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by antignis View Post
    can you show a close of up of how you pulled the front end down? i really need to get a gps run on mine with the 21/46 setup.. its funny how i can keep the nose down until about the 4th run.. then its like the batteries just wake up....
    Unfortunately I don't have it still zipped down. I looped the zip-ties through the upper arm and the shock tower. It was pretty simple and there are multiple places to loop through.

Quote Originally Posted by BiKESEAT View Post
    So those GPS speeds were on 40T Pinion 46T spur? Or 35T pinion 46T spur as per earlier in the thread?

What gearing was the youtube 6s video?

I have a xlx / 2028 on the way, just deciding whether to move to 8s or keep the 6s.
    Everything has been with a 40T pinion. I was originally going to use a 35T but decided to go up a size.

RC Qualifier
    That truck can definitely go faster on 8S given the fact udluuz ( spelling ?? ) hit 56 with the stock motor on 6S with a Mamba Monster 2 ... and he had to let go of the throttle cause the truck wanted to wheelie really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Imprez View Post
    That truck can definitely go faster on 8S given the fact udluuz ( spelling ?? ) hit 56 with the stock motor on 6S with a Mamba Monster 2 ... and he had to let go of the throttle cause the truck wanted to wheelie really bad.
    Agree. Another point to note is the 8S batteries were not at a full charge either.

RC poster
    So aside from the custom zip tie work and motor plate.
    Have you thought about putting a parts list together for the final product ?
    Or maybe offering a kit to others who want to would like to do this.
    I think this is an awesome build. Great Job.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolingturbo6 View Post
    So aside from the custom zip tie work and motor plate.
    Have you thought about putting a parts list together for the final product ?
    Or maybe offering a kit to others who want to would like to do this.
    I think this is an awesome build. Great Job.
    i agree with you X2

Quote Originally Posted by blkchevy View Post
    i agree with you X2
    The reason I don't have a parts list is because there really isn't much to buy besides the ESC and Motor!!! Everything was modified or fabricated.

My final product will be Kershaw Designs mounting setup which should be out in a few weeks. I'm first in line!!!

I'm also hearing that they will be releasing there own Motor/ESC that will be a drop in replacement for the stock setup.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    The reason I don't have a parts list is because there really isn't much to buy besides the ESC and Motor!!! Everything was modified or fabricated.

My final product will be Kershaw Designs mounting setup which should be out in a few weeks. I'm first in line!!!

I'm also hearing that they will be releasing there own Motor/ESC that will be a drop in replacement for the stock setup.
    Yeah, I preordered mine also. Just noticed it says Motor/ESC mount on V2.1. Not sure if it said that before.Eagerly awaiting so I drop this beast in and give it some 8s loving.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by B1gDawg View Post
    Just noticed it says Motor/ESC mount on V2.1. Not sure if it said that before.
    I'm pretty sure it said V2.0 the other day.

Two small questions if I could Mr. Vip. One, what's the batteries you are using now that you have your new setup? I ask, cuz all I have is Traxxas 6400's 3s-ers. I would like to use those if I could. And two, I have a XO-1 46 spur gear, and a XO-1 34 pinion gear. Would those work with the Castle 2028/XL-X setup?

RC poster
    I think I might be able to answer your question. Viper, feel free to back me up.

Stock motor needs gears with a 5mm bore, whereas the 2028 has I believe an 8mm bore, so you'd need different gears.

Right?

RC Qualifier
    You are correct, the 2028 uses 8mm bore pinions while the 1717 has a 5mm bore.

Got-cha. So, if I want to run the Castle 2028/XL-X system with 6s input, I need a 35(8mm/Mod1) pinion and a Traxxas 46T (Mod1) set of gears. Also (from what I understand is), I can use a Traxxas XO-1 46T spur, but I will have to go elsewhere for my pinion due to its' 8mm bore. Where would I get a 35/8mm/Mod1 pinion gear? Do you think Kershaw whould have something like that?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Got-cha. So, if I want to run the Castle 2028/XL-X system with 6s input, I need a 35(8mm/Mod1) pinion and a Traxxas 46T (Mod1) set of gears. Also (from what I understand is), I can use a Traxxas XO-1 46T spur, but I will have to go elsewhere for my pinion due to its' 8mm bore. Where would I get a 35/8mm/Mod1 pinion gear? Do you think Kershaw whould have something like that?
    Yes they do, that's where I got mine and ya the xo -1 is the same and works

Cool, and thank you guys for the help.

Looks like most of your answers were already correctly answered. Only thing left is I am running a SPC 7200 3S x2 OR SPC 6500 4S x2 batteries.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast