Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Got a X-Maxx!!!

RC Racer
    Regarding your snow running: Maybe pre-heat your lipos slowly (like 1-2 hours) to around 100F and wrap them in something that insulates them from the cold before running, it will make them happier and get your runtimes back to normal. Cold lipos cannot deliver high currents and will suffer from this.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardXO-1 View Post
    Regarding your snow running: Maybe pre-heat your lipos slowly (like 1-2 hours) to around 100F and wrap them in something that insulates them from the cold before running, it will make them happier and get your runtimes back to normal. Cold lipos cannot deliver high currents and will suffer from this.
    I keep them inside my pockets until I use them, so they're a toasty 80-90 degrees until I use them... I just think it's the fact they get completely buried under snow while I'm using them is why they die so fast.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    If you leave them in pockets near to your body for an hour or two, that will also work (You'll want them to be warm all the way to the inside, not just on the outside, that takes some time). For the snow touching them, some kind of insulation like bubble wrap or foam will help alot.

RC poster
    Has anyone used those outerwear covers for winter running. I'm sure they don't have one specifically for the X maxx yet but I would think something like that would help to keep snow off the electronics.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Outerwears custom made one for my xo1. I'm sure they would do the same for an x maxx. But they will ask you to send it in for them to create the template.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Traxxas. One of my rims got a medium sized crack in it from when I was jumping yesterday, and I didn't want to say anything until I heard back from Traxxas to not cause panic. They told me it's because the early models have thinner plastic pre-production rims, and the cold temperature doesn't help. So to sum it up, They're sending me two new better shock shafts. They're also sending me 4 new wheels and tires too! Best part? They're sending me a new battery strap along with it all. I straight out told them on the phone that it being broke was 100% my fault, and I didn't need one, but yet they're sending me a new battery strap anyway. Talk about good service! Gotta love Traxxas service!
    So for those of us who have gotten an X-Maxx already...how do we know if our truck is one which needs the stronger wheels, shock shafts, and any other upgrade which the earlier models did not have? Follow up question: what do we need to do to obtain these stronger parts if our trucks are in fact earlier models which lack these upgrades?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Traxxas often warranties parts that we claim were defective by asking you to send them in for inspection. I'd say if you have a problem with something give them a call or email.

They replaced my stub axles once on the slash cvds because the threaded tip of mine busted off.

I sent an email explaining how it broke and what I was doing, and that I really didn't think it should have broken so easily.

Four more busted stub axles later and I just keep a few in the parts box. Lol

If something seems to break unnecessarily give em a call. They'll take care of you.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Quote Originally Posted by fabster32 View Post
    So for those of us who have gotten an X-Maxx already...how do we know if our truck is one which needs the stronger wheels, shock shafts, and any other upgrade which the earlier models did not have? Follow up question: what do we need to do to obtain these stronger parts if our trucks are in fact earlier models which lack these upgrades?
    They told me they made sure none of the early rims and tires were sold to the public, it was only a few of the early demo hobby shop models. So any one you bought is the fixed updated ones. The shock shafts I don't know about yet.

Got a unexpected surprise in the mail today! My 4 new rims and tires came in the mail, as long with the better shock shafts and battery strap! Looks like I'll be back up and running by tomorrow!

RC Qualifier
    Got a unexpected surprise in the mail today! My 4 new rims and tires came in the mail, as long with the better shock shafts and battery strap! Looks like I'll be back up and running by tomorrow!
    They deliver on sunday?? Nice

Quote Originally Posted by benster1 View Post
    They deliver on sunday?? Nice
    That was my thought when I heard the doorbell ring. I guess in order to keep on the holiday deliveries on time having an extra day to ship and deliver is a life saver! Either way I'm pumped!

RC Qualifier
    That was my thought when I heard the doorbell ring. I guess in order to keep on the holiday deliveries on time having an extra day to ship and deliver is a life saver! Either way I'm pumped!
    That company rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by benster1 View Post
    That company rocks!!
    Gotta love UPS! I normally like FedEx more personally, but I haven't seen any FedEx trucks out today...

I can't wait to have this beast back out in the snow again! It's snowing once again as I type this...

RC Competitor
    Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. I feel somewhat guilty buying a Christmas present for myself, but just couldn't pass up getting my hands on one of these beasts.
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

Waiting on the next installment of the Snow Bash antics W16. Great Vids. Have to start adding some of my own now.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

RC Enthusiast
    So, might be a silly question, but if I'm using the stock plugs for batteries with the integrated balancers from TRAXXAS... Is it possible to make the lightbar work?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDubbDizzle View Post
    So, might be a silly question, but if I'm using the stock plugs for batteries with the integrated balancers from TRAXXAS... Is it possible to make the lightbar work?
    I bet there's a way, but not that I know of. The only way I know of is to use the old style balance leads.

Fixed my X-Maxx, got the new shock shafts, battery straps, and tires installed. I'm back up and running my beast again!

RC Enthusiast
    Yea, you're probably right. Bummer, I LOVE yours. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

Awesome! I'll be watching my parts to see if it was in that first batch. I don't have snow here where I live but I'm heading to Colorado next week. I just hope we have room to bring the beast with us!

This is my setup I created out the stock Summit LED lights. I had to drill hole into the front and rear bumper to make the LED's work. Turns out a 3/16 drill bit is the exact size of the LED's. I used parts TRA5687, TRA5688, TRA5689 and TRA5696. Everything dropped right in, minus needing to drill the holes. I have them plugged into the receiver through the receiver box, so it's 100% waterproof, and the LED's don't care if I'm running 4s or 6s, it doesn't affect their brightness.

The rear ones on the left side look off, because well they are off. When I was drilling the inner one it slipped and messed up the hole, so I filled it in with hot glue to fill the space. Yes, it looks off, so I have new rear bumper coming next week to I do do it right.

I used hot glue to hold down the wires. The LED's are pressed into the bumper, so they won't come out even with the no hot glue there.

You can see how I ran the wires in this picture.

Here's some pictures of what it looks like at night. I couldn't be happier with how the front lights came out, they look great, and they work great too. The rear ones are ok, but I'm going to re do them correctly. Sorry if any pictures are blurry, my camera really doesn't like darkness.

With just the Summit LED's on:

This picture shows how off the rear ones are.

With the LED light bar on in a completely dark room:

[/QUOTE]

how are those new shock shafts treating you?

Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    how are those new shock shafts treating you?
    They're great! I have no complaints about them, they work, and look great. I plan to upgrade the rear ones as soon as they're available.

like how you mounted those lights,nice
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345