RC poster

Steering problem, not the servo. VXL

Okay so when I turn on my rustler vxl (after the transmitter of course) the wheels instantly turn lockout one way, but there's power to the wheels. If I try to turn nothing happens but maybe a slight response. I've replaced my rustler's steering servo with a new stock 2075 once again. That didn't fix the problem. I've tried reseting my servo by pulling off the horn and saver to let it turn one way so I could reset it straight, nothing happens but the same thing, only the wheels are straight now giving no feedback when I try and turn them. I've even tried changing the esc and servo channels in my receiver, doesn't work. I've rebinded and reset everything. I called traxxas and he said he thinks my receiver is bad, but they discontinued the 2218x.... So I found one and bought it, and now I continue to wait for my parts.... Do you guys have any idea? I'm trying to see if anyone has had this problem, or knows anything, maybe it's not the receiver? It doesn't make sense to be bad, it doesn't have much run time, maybe like 10 runs on a nimh battery. I just made an account here to ask. I'm a long time lurker, and anything helps. Thanks.

If you went through all that then I would assume the receiver also. Hope your one coming works out for you.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Only thing I can say is try another receiver. Sounds like you've done everything else... Put the steering servo in channel 2 and use the throttle forward and reverse and see if it steers, if it does then it is channel 1 and you need another receiver. That's if channel 2 works. Hope that helps.

RC Enthusiast
    My first thought would have been to check the steering trim on the transmitter(?) If im wrong correct me but you just could have drastically changed the way the wheels are set just by accidentally turning the trim knob.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingSpace View Post
    Okay so when I turn on my rustler vxl (after the transmitter of course) the wheels instantly turn lockout one way, but there's power to the wheels. If I try to turn nothing happens but maybe a slight response. I've replaced my rustler's steering servo with a new stock 2075 once again. That didn't fix the problem. I've tried reseting my servo by pulling off the horn and saver to let it turn one way so I could reset it straight, nothing happens but the same thing, only the wheels are straight now giving no feedback when I try and turn them. I've even tried changing the esc and servo channels in my receiver, doesn't work. I've rebinded and reset everything. I called traxxas and he said he thinks my receiver is bad, but they discontinued the 2218x.... So I found one and bought it, and now I continue to wait for my parts.... Do you guys have any idea? I'm trying to see if anyone has had this problem, or knows anything, maybe it's not the receiver? It doesn't make sense to be bad, it doesn't have much run time, maybe like 10 runs on a nimh battery. I just made an account here to ask. I'm a long time lurker, and anything helps. Thanks.
    Is it a TQi system? I have a brand new VXL Bandit that had this issue. I fixed by doing a hard reset on the transmitter