Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release date

RC Qualifier

Release date

So if you read the sticky that happened to me today so I called in and spoke with Traxxas support. Anyways my X-Maxx is down until the update. However the rep on the phone, he was really great, did tell me that the date they are given is December 17th. They are supposed to get theirs on the 17th then immediatly turn around and ship them out the same day.

Of course a lot of factors go into that the ship could be late, customs, weather. Heck they could come in early. Anways if the 17th is the day they are supposed get them in TX then assuming UPS ground is not all jammed up we could see them in LHSs a few days before christmas. That would support what some LHS told me locally he said he had it on good authority it would be the 21st of December.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Also what the other guys have been saying apparently Traxxas got in a small shipment of trucks and sent out about 80 of them to select LHSs around the globe.

17th doesn't sound good for areas where it will take a couple days shipping, or more depending on weather and backups, to get it in time for Xmas. Fingers crossed for early shipping and delivery.

RC Champion
    Christmas is 8 days away from the 17th, unless it's shipping from China, it should be no problem getting it delivered in plenty of time.

RC Competitor
    Let the countdown BEGIN!

RC Qualifier
    If they get it on the 17th and ship it out same day most LHS should have them by the 21st at the latest. Should be just in time to get under the christmas tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    If they get it on the 17th and ship it out same day most LHS should have them by the 21st at the latest. Should be just in time to get under the christmas tree.
    Fingers crossed.

RC Qualifier
    Geez I ordered from tower hobbies and I live in New York State....I'd be really lucky if I see mine before Christmas

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by efarrell View Post
    Geez I ordered from tower hobbies and I live in New York State....I'd be really lucky if I see mine before Christmas
    TH gets theirs 20ish and ships out you get yours 23ish. Traxxas cut this pretty close you think they could have done an early December release.

RC Qualifier
    TH gets theirs 20ish and ships out you get yours 23ish. Traxxas cut this pretty close you think they could have done an early December release.
    Do u know that they get them on the 20th?

Agreed.... Cutting it close for many folks...

IMO, and judging by the fact the demo models Traxxas sent out are full production ready trucks; my guess would be is Traxxas has all the trucks in a warehouse, and they're waiting to release them to the public. I'm only guessing, but that's sure the way it seems.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    IMO, and judging by the fact the demo models Traxxas sent out are full production ready trucks; my guess would be is Traxxas has all the trucks in a warehouse, and they're waiting to release them to the public. I'm only guessing, but that's sure the way it seems.

Would Traxxas really leave it late enough to risk many customers not getting the X-MAXX by xmas?

What possible reason could Traxxas have to sit on a warehouse full of it's newest truck at this time of year?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Amain has their date of arrival on the 15th. They seem to have mostly been spot on from my experience. Hopefully tower has the same date.

So if you read the sticky that happened to me today so I called in and spoke with Traxxas support. Anyways my X-Maxx is down until the update.
    Why is it down until the update? The sticky mentions nothing about not being able to go, stop, or steer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    So is the "unofficial" release date is Dec 17 for USA?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Why is it down until the update? The sticky mentions nothing about not being able to go, stop, or steer.
    After I lost self righting and TSM I removed both controllers via the menu system thinking if I rebound the orginal controller the issue would clear up. Now the truck will not bind to any controller I tried all 5 of my TQIs here. Customer support was going to have me send them back in but his supervisor told me to wait until after the update. He said even though it won't bind when I try and connect it should push the update and then bind. If not both controller and receiver go back and they will fix or replace them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by efarrell View Post
    Do u know that they get them on the 20th?
    No I can't say that for sure but UPS ground is usually 2 to 3 days. Assuming Traxxas sends them out on the 17th TH should have theirs by the 20th. It is all speculation though. I just know around here I called 4 LHS and they all said Dec 21st.

After I lost self righting and TSM I removed both controllers via the menu system thinking if I rebound the orginal controller the issue would clear up. Now the truck will not bind to any controller I tried all 5 of my TQIs here. Customer support was going to have me send them back in but his supervisor told me to wait until after the update. He said even though it won't bind when I try and connect it should push the update and then bind. If not both controller and receiver go back and they will fix or replace them.
    Thanks for the thorough answer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    What possible reason could Traxxas have to sit on a warehouse full of it's newest truck at this time of year?
    No idea honestly. Maybe they just want enough excitement and hype to build up before it releases?

It's just a theory, that I hope proves to be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe Traxxas learned from what happened with the release of the T Maxx. Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by XMAXXimus View Post
    Maybe Traxxas learned from what happened with the release of the T Maxx. Hopefully

What's the story there?

RC Enthusiast
    Demand out weighed supply, as nitro chicken stated in a maxx on ebay thread it took a year to catch up
    Last edited by XMAXXimus; 12-01-2015 at 12:28 PM.

RC Competitor
    Anyone got any kind of deal or discount on their pre-order? I was able to get one of my LHS to match TH @ no sales tax...

RC Competitor
    Can you expound on the "it should push the update and then bind"?

Forgive my ignorance but where does the TX/RX receive the update from? the interweb?

From the app on your phone which connects to the internet.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by crashinator View Post
    Can you expound on the "it should push the update and then bind"?

Forgive my ignorance but where does the TX/RX receive the update from? the interweb?
    Well first you get the bluetooth module for the receiver then you get the Traxxas Link application on your android or IOS. The app will update the transmitter which in turn will update the receiver when they connect.

RC poster
    So if you read the sticky that happened to me today so I called in and spoke with Traxxas support. Anyways my X-Maxx is down until the update.
    Can't you just use a different receiver for now?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsda View Post
    Can't you just use a different receiver for now?
    It won't bind to any other receiver the firmware is messed up so until the update is pushed onto it it is doa.

RC poster
    It won't bind to any other receiver the firmware is messed up so until the update is pushed onto it it is doa.
    You can use a different TX and RX with your X-Maxx rather than just stare at it for the next few weeks, right?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsda View Post
    You can use a different TX and RX with your X-Maxx rather than just stare at it for the next few weeks, right?
    Yes I could but they said the update would be out by the end of the week and I have my summit until then.

RC Qualifier
    I sold off a summit and an emaxx because I just had to have this....now it is just killing me to sit and wait....and dream...and sit and wait....and dream...All I have left is and scx10, that's just not cutting it for me!

RC Competitor
    Called my LHS (South Florida) a few minutes ago; they were told by the Traxxas rep they will def have their X-MAXX inventory @ the store between Dec 15th-17th

Quote Originally Posted by fabster32 View Post
    Called my LHS (South Florida) a few minutes ago; they were told by the Traxxas rep they will def have their X-MAXX inventory @ the store between Dec 15th-17th
    My local shop said the same... Fingers crossed. Weather here in Canada could play a factor though.

Anybody have news on the release date? Mid-December is coming soon.

Nothing yet. Traxxas seemed to have moved the date to the official December 17th...

Nothing yet. Traxxas seemed to have moved the date to the official December 17th...
    Unfortunate.

RC Racer
    I emailed Tower yesterday to see if they had a status since I am hoping the shipment will qualify for the e-cash promotion. Have not heard back yet.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurMaxx View Post
    I emailed Tower yesterday to see if they had a status since I am hoping the shipment will qualify for the e-cash promotion. Have not heard back yet.
    I hope they don't hold on to them til the 18th.

RC Qualifier
    Its been put back in the UK till week commencing 11th Jan....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast