Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release date

They might be opening every box and swapping shock caps, I have no problems with delays that are associated with quality assurance.

Texted the guy at LHS and he said 18th for my truck. 18th is when it ships to the hobby shop.

RC Qualifier
    Lol, I hope, I hope, I hope. I think Traxxas dropped the ball on the release date. This thing should have been released at least a month ago. That way people would know about them and have time to get them ordered for Christmas gifts. I for one was not willing to risk it and play the I hope game. Forget that crap.

Have you been presiding at meetings at Traxxas over this? Have any insight to their deadlines for R&D, manufacturing and shipping? They may have wanted it released around Labor Day or Halloween but had some issues backing up the date; or they planned on releasing when they did. There are a lot more important things in life then to moan over not getting a big want for Christmas because of high popularity and not in stock.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Have you been presiding at meetings at Traxxas over this? Have any insight to their deadlines for R&D, manufacturing and shipping? They may have wanted it released around Labor Day or Halloween but had some issues backing up the date; or they planned on releasing when they did. There are a lot more important things in life then to moan over not getting a big want for Christmas because of high popularity and not in stock.
    Could not agree more.

These are still new trucks. And i believe Traxxas has gone way above and beyond from start to finish in the truck. Sometimes there are delays nothing is perfect. This is not any different than if someone pre ordered an iphone and had to wait. Even larger corporations are not free from their unexpected delays.

Now how about some christmas cookies

Quote Originally Posted by RazorHobbies View Post
    Could not agree more.

These are still new trucks. And i believe Traxxas has gone way above and beyond from start to finish in the truck. Sometimes there are delays nothing is perfect. This is not any different than if someone pre ordered an iphone and had to wait. Even larger corporations are not free from their unexpected delays.

Now how about some christmas cookies

Christmas cookies to go along with the Christmas music I am listening to right now. Thumbs up.

RC Racer
    Can we give the man some cocoa?!!!

lol
    REVO 3.3 + 2.5, T-MAXX 3.3, & 3 Pedes + 1 4x4

Thanks for reminding how much I love cookies, and that I'm hungry right now. Ugh.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Thanks for reminding how much I love cookies, and that I'm hungry right now. Ugh.
    Glad I could be of assistance.

RC Qualifier
    They must be shipping already. I ordered one from a seller on Ebay. I should be getting it tomorrow via USPS. After a $50 paypal rebate, it ended up being $686 shipped. He had about 15-20 for sale. Looks like he's already sold out.

My local hobby shop and even major well known hobby shops here in Canada are indicating they won't have them until Dec. 20th or later and have already called pre-order customers indicating they can't guarantee delivery for XMAS. Looks like Traxxas is late to the game for a lot here.

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Looks like Traxxas is late to the game for a lot here.

Unless you have first-hand knowledge, this is a matter of opinion. Please read my post above.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Its been a really slow last quarter for alot of shops and customers. The holiday shopping season has not turned out alot of buyers yet possibly due to a slump in the economy and people withholding spending. On black friday door busters here in our area we did not see the massive wrapping around the store camp lines or shoppers out like in years past.

Even conversations I have had with many friends in the industry and manufacturers they have confirmed an unexpected slow down in buyer spending.

So with seeing this trend in our industry and the economy, it had to be hard for traxxas to predict the response and outcome of buyer spending on the new products.

I would not look at more why did traxxas not see this coming. I would look at they are in a position to resolve the issue when they see them as quickly as possible. They are already taking care of customers that have issues with their x-maxx.

Im pretty sure people at traxxas were jumping up and down when they saw the response for the x-maxx was good.

So lets not point fingers and say why. They are pushing container shipments as fast as they can and helping people with problems in a timely manner.
    Last edited by RazorHobbies; 12-10-2015 at 02:29 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post

As a Marshal, I'd have thought you'd recognize this is a traxxas forum and a xmaxx subform and Christmas is right around the corner, these are the things we moan about in here. If we talk about the Syrian refugee crisis, the thread would get locked since it's not traxxas or xmaxx related.

Quote Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
    As a Marshal, I'd have thought you'd recognize this is a traxxas forum and a xmaxx subform and Christmas is right around the corner, these are the things we moan about in here. If we talk about the Syrian refugee crisis, the thread would get locked since it's not traxxas or xmaxx related.

Point #9
    9. No pointless complaining, moaning, and whining. This mostly applies to the operation and moderation of the online community. Members will be banned, threads removed, and so on based on the clearly defined rules. Publicly bemoaning the operation of the community and the way the rules are enforced will not put you in good favor with the moderators. If you have a legitimate concern or suggestion, PM a moderator or send a message to forum@traxxas.com.
    This thread has run its course.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-10-2015 at 04:33 PM.
    The Super Derecho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12