RC Qualifier

Does bluetooth work now?

A few years back?? I think?? I tried out bluetooth I think with an Ipod 4 and all I ever got was GPS speed and nothing else. I did a post here about it and basically just got a lot of people saying that bluetooth was not working properly yet or no replies at all. Honestly I don't remember it was awhile ago.

Does the bluetooth give speed, temp, and voltage now?

If so do you just leave them plugged into the receiver or do you plug them into the expander module?

RC Qualifier
    Here was my orginal post

Orginal Post

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Works great for me with an LG Access.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    Works great for me with an LG Access.
    What is your telemetry plugged into?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking?

I have several slashes with voltage and temp, and I have an xo1 based short course truck with full telemetry as an xo1 comes stock. All plugged into the receiver in the appropriate slots.

No gps speed. Only rpm sensor based.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 12-02-2015 at 11:08 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking?

I have several slashes with voltage and temp, and I have an xo1 based short course truck with full telemetry as an xo1 comes stock. All plugged into the receiver in the appropriate slots.

No gps speed. Only rpm sensor based.

The GPS expander has slots to plug in telemetry as well as the receiver when I tried it back in 2014 I tried them plugged into both slots and neither worked. However since you don't have a GPS module then you are getting your telemetry directly from your receiver so that is what you are plugged into.

Ahh. So you only had trouble when using the expander?

RC Qualifier
    My Slash 4x4 TSM OBA has Telemetry installed and it works fine with my iPhone 5c. It has GPS, RPM, two voltage and two temperature sensors. One temp sensor is for the motor, the other is for the ESC. One voltage sensor is the battery the other is for the ESC. The GPS and all the smart sensors are plugged into the Telemetry Expander. It can handle six smart sensors. The Expander mounts to the rear shock tower with a bracket. You'll also need the Bluetooth wireless adapter for your transmitter and turn Bluetooth on in your phone.

Download the Traxxas Link app, open it and go to Connect & Link the Transmitter to your phone or iPad.
    Next, go to Garage>Telemetry Setup>Refresh. Now you should see all the sensors including GPS.
    Arrange the Dashboard the way you like it, then explore the rest of the app.

Note: I had one defective temperature smart sensor, Traxxas sent me a new one. They had a bad batch go out.
    Last edited by Electromen; 12-02-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

RC poster
    I have a Moto X Pure and I just updated to Android 6.0 and now the Traxxas Link app will not pair at all it worked fine before I upgraded. Its kinda a bummer cause now I have to use my tablet it works fine on that it's running Android 5.0 Traxxas needs to update for Android 6.0

If anybody wants, walmart sells lg droids for 50$ and less that will pair well through Bluetooth. In case you wanted a device that is used solely for the transmitter and your current phone doesn't work for some reason.

I just got a new phone but it's running Android 5.1.1(Samsung Galaxy S6) I had to reinstall the app so then it wanted to do firmware updates. I installed the app,linked it to my radio and did the firmware updates ...all went without a hitch and works fine. I didn't even know there was an Android version 6?
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I just got a new phone but it's running Android 5.1.1(Samsung Galaxy S6) I had to reinstall the app so then it wanted to do firmware updates. I installed the app,linked it to my radio and did the firmware updates ...all went without a hitch and works fine. I didn't even know there was an Android version 6?
    Yep..Android 6 "Marshmellow."

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromen View Post
    My Slash 4x4 TSM OBA has Telemetry installed and it works fine with my iPhone 5c. It has GPS, RPM, two voltage and two temperature sensors. One temp sensor is for the motor, the other is for the ESC. One voltage sensor is the battery the other is for the ESC. The GPS and all the smart sensors are plugged into the Telemetry Expander. It can handle six smart sensors. The Expander mounts to the rear shock tower with a bracket. You'll also need the Bluetooth wireless adapter for your transmitter and turn Bluetooth on in your phone.

Download the Traxxas Link app, open it and go to Connect & Link the Transmitter to your phone or iPad.
    Next, go to Garage>Telemetry Setup>Refresh. Now you should see all the sensors including GPS.
    Arrange the Dashboard the way you like it, then explore the rest of the app.

Note: I had one defective temperature smart sensor, Traxxas sent me a new one. They had a bad batch go out.
    When you say smart sensor is that something different than what I normally see for traxxas telemetry sensors?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    When you say smart sensor is that something different than what I normally see for traxxas telemetry sensors?
    There are two types of temperature sensors:
    1. LOOK HERE plugs into the receiver
    2. LOOK HERE is what I'm calling the smart sensor and it plugs into the Telemetry Expander only.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromen View Post
    There are two types of temperature sensors:
    1. LOOK HERE plugs into the receiver
    2. LOOK HERE is what I'm calling the smart sensor and it plugs into the Telemetry Expander only.
    Thanks for the links

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Yep..Android 6 "Marshmellow."
    Crap....so I'll have to watch for updates. Is anyone running the 6.0 with the Traxxas app successfully?

Edit: A Google search shows my Samsung Galaxy S6 getting the 6.0 upgrade sometime in January.... I hope Traxxas has it figured out by then!
    Last edited by Dcuda69; 12-06-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl