RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Self-Righting At Its Finest

Just another quick vid to make your wait a little more smoother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKfDT6zJ7g
    We are all one race. The human race.

This makes me think those Diffs are super strong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    This makes me think those Diffs are super strong.
    Yea I'm thinking the same.

RC Qualifier
    The only thing to consider is the fact that yeah we see it doing it once but who knows when it's used a lot how many times we will be left with blown diffs

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Just another quick vid to make your wait a little more smoother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKfDT6zJ7g
    Thanks for sharing. Cool feature!

Videos like this go a long way.

Just found this one..... Took a lot longer then we've seen so far. The front tires are moving through the operation, assuming this is the esc controlling wheels to improve changes of righting by shifting weight and channeling momentum.

http://youtu.be/HKS488z0W2A

RC Qualifier
    I don't know, seems like just beating on the truck for no reason. I believe it would just be easier to flip it over yourself. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by toyota2 View Post
    I don't know, seems like just beating on the truck for no reason. I believe it would just be easier to flip it over yourself. Just my opinion.
    You are right; however, some people may be lazy and don't want to walk over and flip it and there are others who are not physically able to do so.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    To me it will be situational when to use it. I think that after you use it several times in different roll over positions you'll know when you will be glad it has this feature. Like on the other side of the stream or on top of the hill. Just sayin'. I have a nice tall Life Guard style chair with a long "flippin' stick" located on my backyard obstackle course. This sure will be nice when it flips outside the sticks range! Wish my Summit could do this

I thin the feature is innovative and a nice to have, but see myself seldomly using it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea this is one of those features that I will show off to people who are amazed by the truck but I think i'll rarely use it.

RC Qualifier
    And don't go thinking that it'll automatically self-right each and every time you try.
    But like other people say, if it works 50 % of the time it's already great in my books.
    You know the kind of situation like you're on top of a hill and you roll your truck on its roof 100' away, the self-righting will be a welcomed addition

Hhahahahahah I love the self righting videos. awesome

I can do this manually with my stampede 4x4 on 3s with trenchers.

But stopped doing it because of the stress you put on the driveline.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 12-03-2015 at 06:49 PM.

RC Racer
    I don't think this will be a problem for the drivetrain, as it is not under load when the direction change occurs. Also, if they did it smart, the ESC won't make the forward/reverse transition abruptly, but a little "smoothed-out" like what punch control does.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardXO-1 View Post
    I don't think this will be a problem for the drivetrain, as it is not under load when the direction change occurs. Also, if they did it smart, the ESC won't make the forward/reverse transition abruptly, but a little "smoothed-out" like what punch control does.
    when those big tires are spinning at full speed, and you slam the brakes, it is a tremendous load on the drive train. not just the weight of the tires but the rotational force is incredible.

and if they smoothed out the start/stop for self righting, it wouldn't work as effectively as it depends on the 'slam' of stopping the tires instantly to rock it back and forth.

I assume there is more strain on the drivetrain when running as normal on a surface then hitting full brakes..... Then strain from self righting feature?!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm sure Traxxas took all of the risks into consideration/testing when finalizing the self righting system. I mean, the drive train is beefy so I don't think it will affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    I'm sure Traxxas took all of the risks into consideration/testing when finalizing the self righting system. I mean, the drive train is beefy so I don't think it will affect it.
    ...........👍

You are right; however, some people may be lazy and don't want to walk over and flip it and there are others who are not physically able to do so.
    Before I got my new hip, for one season my friends would flip my truck for me, so that I didn't have to get out of my chair. When I was playing by myself, this Self Righting feature would of been great. This last summer (being all healed up), I wouldn't of necessarily needed this feature, but I think it will still work out to be a very nice feature.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-04-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    I do think and understand it is good in certain situations, but I also think it is just a lot of unneeded abuse on the truck. I don't care how beefed up the drive line may seem that has to be hard on it. As for Traxxas making sure it can hold up to this, in my opinion they don't care, think about the diffs in the ERBE. They know they will not hold up and they still will not fix those. Again just my 2 pennies. By the way if you are wondering if I would actually buy a x-maxx, the answer is yes, I think it looks like a great truck and would be a blast to drive.

RC Qualifier
    This morning my alarm went off so I pressed the off button and started rocking on my back to turn to get out of the bed. Immediately I thought, "Did I really just self-right myself like an X-Maxx?" The struggle to wait for my X-Maxx to arrive is real. I figured I would share that with you guys.

This feature is SUCH A PLUS for folks with disabilities such as myself. My disability was due to an on the job injury, and I can still remember my T-Maxx/Revo flipping on me between 50+/100+ yards away. I would have to slowly hobble myself over to flip my truck, and by then it would shut off.

This feature would safe me many low back spasms, and the ripping sensation that would shoot down my leg. Kudos to Traxxas for such an innovating feature...
    "We know who you are"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    This morning my alarm went off so I pressed the off button and started rocking on my back to turn to get out of the bed. Immediately I thought, "Did I really just self-right myself like an X-Maxx?" The struggle to wait for my X-Maxx to arrive is real. I figured I would share that with you guys.
    Hahahahahahaaha
    Brilliant!!

RC Competitor
    Cool, new video of the self righting stampede 4x4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euZopxS6vLQ
    Last edited by forescott; 12-16-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post

Seriously? I never see Traxxas advertised self righting stampede 4x4. Now that is new Stampede 4x4. What is next? ERBE? Summit?
    Last edited by jdpasl; 12-16-2015 at 08:16 PM.

RC Racer
    i there is anyway it will f-up my diffs, i will prob not use it

I think it's a good idea for certain people but I wouldn't find myself using it very much to have, until its on your roof somehow and well you get it back easily....
    "Brakes? Who needs them? They only slow you down"

If you read the description, the self righting is available for the E-Maxx Brushless with TSM too.
    Self-Righting isn’t just for X-Maxx anymore. This innovative and exclusive feature from Traxxas is now available for Stampede 4X4 VXL and E-Maxx Brushless Edition models that feature Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post

I've had some problem on 2s, but I think my aftermarket parts are to blame.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

RC Competitor
    out of 5 attempts today with mine it flipped over once... it really seems to drain the batteries too.. for the most part i plan on just doing the walk of shame... not at all impressed with this feature.

X-MAXX self righting

http://youtu.be/-r5x8cwpS5A

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    X-MAXX self righting

http://youtu.be/-r5x8cwpS5A
    Still a very cool feature!!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey that's me!

I'm surprised that the op got it to work on concrete. My just slippedon't around and was unable to flip on pavement.

Self-Righting official for TSM versions or EMAXX, X-MAXX and Stampede

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/t...r%20E%20Blasts