Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    169.99 for those kershaw ones. Sheesh. No after market tires for me. Would rather spend that on spare parts.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    These are the 1st aftermarket wheels/tires I've seen listed: http://kershawdesigns.com/X-MaxxTires.htm
    Similar to these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FS-RACING-1-...sAAOSwl8NVgFbt
    A.K.A MAXX05
    1 BL Revo,Erevo,Emaxx
    4 XMAXX

RC Enthusiast
    The stock tires look very suitable and unless they go bald or get a big cut in them, there probably isn't a big need to replace them. Does anyone know what compound they are? I have a set of stock Traxxas chevrons on my 1st gen T-maxx and they are over 15 years old & holding up just fine.

Has anybody noticed if these big x-maxx tires are subject to ballooning?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewrench View Post
    The stock tires look very suitable and unless they go bald or get a big cut in them, there probably isn't a big need to replace them. Does anyone know what compound they are? I have a set of stock Traxxas chevrons on my 1st gen T-maxx and they are over 15 years old & holding up just fine.

Has anybody noticed if these big x-maxx tires are subject to ballooning?
    Yep, they balloon pretty good. The main reason I'd like to replace them is less rotating/unsprung weight. And I don't use the self righting feature so that part doesn't matter to me.

RC Racer
    I like the stock tires also. They work great on any surface. Even the street there are good. Perfect amount traction and slide

RC Competitor
    Guess I should clarify, the stock tires are great, they work well and don't show any wear so far. Just some tinkering I'd like to try.

RC Racer
    Something lighter would be cool but I guarantee the aftermarket options will be huge heavy monsters. Seems like monster truck tires are allways based on looks and crazy size.

RC Racer
    Yup Yup. Can't wait for the trencher x's for the xmaxx.

RC poster
    So how about these bad boys:

http://store.rc4wd.com/KK2-Demolishe...res_p_750.html

The rims that match these tires are actually bolted on with 6 screws. Shouldn't be to hard nor expensive to make adapters to the 24mm hex would it?

RC Competitor
    You saw how mine mounted, just need some simple parts and done.
    xmaxx, Tmaxx x2, Emaxx, slash 4wd x2, slash 2wd.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled1 View Post
    Something lighter would be cool but I guarantee the aftermarket options will be huge heavy monsters. Seems like monster truck tires are allways based on looks and crazy size.
    This is exactly why I'm not really interested in waiting for the aftermarket, I doubt they will be making what I want. So why wait ? Might as well find out how to make what I know is lighter work.

RC poster
    So i found a company that makes these adapters "Cyclone 24mm 40 Series Wheel Adaptors"
    just when i wanted to order them it seems they stopped making them since 2014
    any other place where i can find these?
    Last edited by twigz; 12-31-2015 at 08:44 AM.

RC poster
    nvm, wrong supplied information
    Last edited by twigz; 12-31-2015 at 08:09 AM.

RC poster
    RC4WD used to make adapters for their wheels to 24mm hex but I doubt the 40's will fit because they are not nearly big enough to clear the suspension parts that sit inside the wheel. Hopefully they start making wheels/tires that are meant for the X-MAXX in cool designs like the rock crushers.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehopping1 View Post
    RC4WD used to make adapters for their wheels to 24mm hex but I doubt the 40's will fit because they are not nearly big enough to clear the suspension parts that sit inside the wheel. Hopefully they start making wheels/tires that are meant for the X-MAXX in cool designs like the rock crushers.
    Agreed. The inside of the xmaxx wheel/tire is a different size than the outside, much like a giant short course truck wheel.

RC poster
    well, i ordered the tires plus wheels anyways, i made a mockup of the size and the wheels are enourmous. just like they should be.
    the wheel has a 24 mm hex, ill see how they work on the plastic caps. if it all doesn't hold and breaks i will take the oppertunity to have adapter from splined to 24 mm normal hex made out of aluminium with the required offset to clear the shocks

RC Competitor
    I want something with a thicker sidewall. Cracked a rim already.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

RC Enthusiast
    kershaw is garbage. dont buy their tires

RC Enthusiast
    putting lighter tires on the x maxx will just put you on the lid. stock tires are bad *****. save your money and buy your girlfirend a nice gift

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORSWIFT View Post
    putting lighter tires on the x maxx will just put you on the lid. stock tires are bad *****. save your money and buy your girlfirend a nice gift
    Easy Taylor , if I want female advise I'll go to a dr Phil forum. If you end up on your lid it's driver error . Unless it's your girlfriend who smaked you onto your lid for buying a thousand dollar rc car Im going to have two sets of tires that are badass I guess !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12