Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC poster

traxxas didn't expect this!

Heard from my guy who deals direct with traxxas and was told they presold more xmaxx's than anticipated. And they are only able to send out half of the orders on the first shipment..depending on how early you made your order sounds like some maybe waiting till after 1st of the year.

RC poster
    I think a second shipment might be going out on the 23rd or so.. so with the holiday that would put it even longer in shipment...wish that traxxas had released xmaxx late November....can't wait to run this beast!!

RC Qualifier
    The UK market now has an expecteed delivery of 11th Jan. I ordered one of the first from the biggest UK Modelshop.

I will be annoyed if I find out the UK market have been shunted back, to accomodate the US pre orders. Although i wouldn't be suprised.

Traxxas are VERY luck the Savage Flux XL isnt announced yet Id be tempted to cancel my pre order for one. I want it or Xmas.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    The UK market now has an expecteed delivery of 11th Jan. I ordered one of the first from the biggest UK Modelshop.

I will be annoyed if I find out the UK market have been shunted back, to accomodate the US pre orders. Although i wouldn't be suprised.

Traxxas are VERY luck the Savage Flux XL isnt announced yet Id be tempted to cancel my pre order for one. I want it or Xmas.
    Where is the biggest uk modelshop? I need parts

How is one to know if their product is going to be such a hit? A company has to predict the response and then shell out the thousands to millions of dollars for manufacturing and wait for the money to come back hoping it will be profitable. People will complain either way: either moan they don't like it and was hoping for something else and the inventory balloons or we love it and inventory is depleted. Traxxas is not the only company this happens to.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Apple would be a fine example of this would you not agree? Have this problem every few months as they release some new product. Finding that balance is nearly impossible nowadays it seems. I sure hope though that the orders start coming through. I'm looking forward to all the great videos and mods people will wind up with
    Just can't get enough....

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas1981 View Post
    Heard from my guy who deals direct with traxxas and was told they presold more xmaxx's than anticipated. And they are only able to send out half of the orders on the first shipment..depending on how early you made your order sounds like some maybe waiting till after 1st of the year.
    I heard about that... It's something like only the shops that ordered them within the first 2-3 days after the release get rights to the first shippment, or if they're expecting 8, they'll get 4, etc. It doesn't surprise me that they sold out honestly.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC poster
    Really 11th jan gutted not good that .

RC Champion
    It'll be interesting to see how this ends up working, I think my shop has over 20 on order and we have a bunch of preorders on them to boot!
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Competitor
    Still waiting on confirmation on release dates for Australia

Anyone know?

RC poster
    Any idea if I were to order one now when I could expect to receive it?

RC poster
    Preordered mine in NL about 2 weeks ago....first expected delivery was supposed to be around Dec. 20....latest news is that it is postponed to Jan.... Crap.....

RC poster
    I called traxxas and they told me they shipped them out yesterday, anybody else call them?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Axo938 View Post
    I called traxxas and they told me they shipped them out yesterday, anybody else call them?
    for me, living in the Netherlands, it's no point in calling Traxxas... I was told the boat had a delay and unloading that ship also was delayed.... probably until January .. .not much I can do about it... pity though that the overseas pre-orders are not delivered before Xmass

Just got off the phone with them and they said they are sending them out as they get them. They could not tell me when or if mine had been sent out. The hobby shop would have to call them. I will call the HS when they open and get an update.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    Just got off the phone with them and they said they are sending them out as they get them. They could not tell me when or if mine had been sent out. The hobby shop would have to call them. I will call the HS when they open and get an update.
    Let me know what you find out, this is going to be a Christmas present for my son so I'm hoping I get it in time. I'm located in Pennsylvania so I'm not sure how many days it will take to ship to my location.

The guy I spoke with at traxxas acted like they were on time with delivery, he even said they have a bunch sitting there if I wanted one. I hope he wasn't just blowing smoke up my butt!
    Last edited by Double G; 12-14-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction

The guy I spoke with at traxxas acted like they were on time with delivery, he even said they have a bunch sitting there if I wanted one. I hope he wasn't just blowing smoke up my butt!
    Axo, how did you pre order yours?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    Axo, how did you pre order yours?
    From a local hobby shop

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincup67 View Post
    Any idea if I were to order one now when I could expect to receive it?
    July

RC Racer
    Anyone heard anything from Tower Hobbies? Their website just still says Mid December.

Quote Originally Posted by Tphjill View Post
    Anyone heard anything from Tower Hobbies? Their website just still says Mid December.
    At this point best call your local or favourite hobby shop for an eta. Best get an a pre order list if not already.

RC Enthusiast
    Called my local hobby shop today, the owner just called her Traxxas rep, mine will be in on the 18th this friday. WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by XMAXXimus View Post
    Called my local hobby shop today, the owner just called her Traxxas rep, mine will be in on the 18th this friday. WOOHOO!
    Same. My Traxxas rep said the same thing. We'll see if the weather permits to keep everything in line...
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Enthusiast
    Fingers crossed lol.

Mine is scheduled for the 18th as well. Not holding my breath, but I will get a call when it gets here.

RC Racer
    Dang, I guess mine has to go from Texas up to a warehouse in Illinois and then back to me in Texas.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys new on here, just wanted to fill you in i just got off the phone with Tower Hobbies and she checked and there scheduled delivery date is today!! she said first shipment should be in and then rest of week get them out...(in order received) so hopefully
    can't wait soo pumped!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrockett View Post
    Hey guys new on here, just wanted to fill you in i just got off the phone with Tower Hobbies and she checked and there scheduled delivery date is today!! she said first shipment should be in and then rest of week get them out...(in order received) so hopefully
    can't wait soo pumped!!!
    Cool hopefully my preorder is in the first shipment.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Racer
    Awesome! I hope my order comes in before Christmas. Those of you that ordered from Tower, when did you order? I pre-ordered mine on Nov. 6th. Just wondering if I was late to the game or not.

Thanks!
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

RC Competitor
    Did anyone else order from RC Superstore? I haven't seen any mention of them on the forum, but that's where I ordered mine from. I talked to them last week and they said Traxxas had shipped their order out as well and they expected them in this week

RC Qualifier

traxxas didn't expect this!

Ouch November 21 for me

I will probably be in the 10th shipment lol

RC Enthusiast
    Triple Ouch here!! Dec 1st here...so ya maybe a father's day gift? lol. I was gonna wait it out and just get one next year after hype fizzled out...but then It happened I got bitten by the Xmaxx bug, seeing all the post of you guys that got it early vids,
    pics etc., unboxing videos and it was too late, had to have it. The stampede, summit and sons teton couldn't hold me over any longer lol. So Ill be patient or try...cant wait to see more you guys get yours!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    quadruple ouch...9 Dec for me. I was just going to order when it came in stock but after seeing that the buzz is growing strong and rumors of it selling out I decided to pre-order. I probably should have been preordered it.

RC Racer
    You guys are making me feel good with my Nov 6 pre-order date!
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

RC Competitor
    just got word from my local shop that they will have them on Thursday. Well sort of local, 250 miles away. road trip!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea you should definitely be in the first shipment with that date.

RC poster
    Same here with my Nov. 9th lol. We're probably right on the line tho

RC Competitor
    I got you guys beat. I preordered from tower on October 31st

RC Enthusiast
    October 30th preorder from Tower here.

RC Qualifier
    I am guessing that towers will receive hundreds of X maxxes on the first shipment....there can't be that that that that many ordered

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast