Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Racer
    I ordered from tower on 12/1...guess I will a lot farther down on the list!

RC Qualifier
    I waited until 12/5 so I just hope I get it before the end of the year, but hopefully since I ordered the Bluetooth module they are going to give me an expedited shipping bonus so it arrives before Christmas...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well everybody got me beat at a sad December 9th preorder date. Early bird gets the worm I guess.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Just got a email from Traxxas stating my LHS's order shipped out today!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Well everybody got me beat at a sad December 9th preorder date. Early bird gets the worm I guess.
    Same date for me.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Just got a email from Traxxas stating my LHS's order shipped out today!
    What date did u order?

Quote Originally Posted by efarrell View Post
    What date did u order?
    My LHS ordered them directly from Traxxas not even 2 hours after the X-Maxx was released on October 30th. So we're some of the first on the list.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's gonna be a tight fit to get this thing under a Christmas tree this year.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how big the box is gonna be...when I ordered my slash, the box it was shipped in was huge, can't wait to see the xmaxx being unloaded by ups
    Lcg ultimate, mip's,castle SW8th 2200kv

RC Racer
    Same here we got are shipments on the way as well they notified me around lunch time that they were shipping.

RC Racer
    12/1 here to

Tower has moved to Late Dec.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    Tower has moved to Late Dec.
    Well that just sucks a big one.

maybe there is another place to buy the x maxx before tower gets them

RC Racer
    This sucks. A post earlier from someone said Tower was getting them in yesterday and would be shipping them out. Late December sounds a lot like after Christmas to me...
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

RC Competitor
    I talked to Tower yesterday and they said they would have a shipment this week but it is dedicated to pre-orders. So I assume the move to late Dec. is their expectation for a second shipment they will be able to sell to people who didn't pre-order.

RC Racer
    I've called Tower yesterday and today. I must not be talking to the right people because all I can get out of them is a simple, "Mid or Late December". I wish we could figure out how many pre-orders they have and who will get them or what date you had to order before so you can get one this month.

RC Racer
    Yeah that really is a bummer when you get late on a pre order. Cause then your left waiting. When do i get it? Has it come in yet/ Etc...

Unless your were some of the lucky ones that got in on the pre order in oct to november you may be waiting a little bit.

Just to show how bad the pre orders are due to the massive amount of pre orders. We ordered 5 x-maxx pre orders. And we were early november pre orders and only received 2 today. So even if you were an early pre order the attention received from the awesome x-maxx response has made it hectic when your trying to get an eta on when to even expect the order.

But again its hard for a company to see if a truck is going to be such a smashing success in regards to response and orders. Things will straighten out as it continues. All we can do is be patient and keep following up with your store to get pre order and shipping eta's.

RC poster
    First post here. Long time reader. Order my XMAXX from Tower on November 2nd. So pumped!! I called Tower today as well. According to the person I spoke too, they did receive a batch of XMAXX orders, but would not clarify on how many was in the batch they received. She would not give me any indication when they would be shipping out and the late december would be a time to expect mine. Who knows...

RC Racer
    Here's to hoping Nov. 6 Pre-Order from Tower makes the first cut...

who knows when these trucks will be available , maybe late January

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bmpnjlaudio View Post
    First post here. Long time reader. Order my XMAXX from Tower on November 2nd. So pumped!! I called Tower today as well. According to the person I spoke too, they did receive a batch of XMAXX orders, but would not clarify on how many was in the batch they received. She would not give me any indication when they would be shipping out and the late december would be a time to expect mine. Who knows...
    I ordered October 30th from Tower. So, basically the tower employees probably got first dibs on the first shipment before customers...if I had to guess.

Edit: ...or they might be holding them to ship until the 18th to prevent paying out all of that Tower e-cash too.
    Last edited by tacko; 12-16-2015 at 02:05 PM.

RC Racer
    My dilemma. My local hobby store ordered 4 and expects to get them in a day or so. None of his are being set aside for a pre-order. If I go down there and pay him, I'm guaranteed to get one IF he get's one. I have an order with Tower too. Should I go pay for one today and my LHS and then if I get one from them cancel my Tower?

RC Competitor
    I just called my lhs and the guy told me if I put a deposit, I'll have it next Wednesday. I think I'll be heading there shortly!

Out of the 8 we ordered, we're only getting two this week. Out of that only one of them is for a pre-order, so it looks like we'll have one for online or in store selling.

I'm 3rd on the list for my hobby shop. They are said to be getting 12 but I won't get mine until after Christmas, hopefully before new years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Out of the 8 we ordered, we're only getting two this week. Out of that only one of them is for a pre-order, so it looks like we'll have one for online or in store selling.
    how much is it shipped

Quote Originally Posted by zoraduntov View Post
    how much is it shipped
    Tecnially since it's over $100 it ships for free, if not we wouldn't charge more than $15. Other wise it's around $60-$80 to ship one! Let's no clutter up this thread, PM if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-16-2015 at 01:59 PM.

checked with my LHS last week, their response was "what's an X-Maxx?" hahaha. it is more of a 'racers' shop though, but still. i just called the next closest LHS and they said they won't even order one unless you put a deposit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tacko View Post
    ...or they might be holding them to ship until the 18th to prevent paying out all of that Tower e-cash too.
    i hope this is not the case, cause that's weak. if they ship mine today they can keep the e-cash.

Just heard from my LHS. He is expecting them tomorrow or Friday!!!
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC Racer
    Well I hedged my bets. I went to two LHS. One "said" they were getting 4 in before Christmas and none of them were pre-ordered. So I bought one and am guaranteed their first. Then I went to WolfSlash16's LHS and purchased the second one they should be getting this weekend! So with those two, along with my Tower order on Nov. 6th, I might have 3 next week! Just hope to get one! I saw Wolfslash16's X-Max there in his shop. It is even greater up close! Now if SPC will just find those lost batteries they shipped to me two weeks ago I might have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Tphjill View Post
    Well I hedged my bets. I went to two LHS. One "said" they were getting 4 in before Christmas and none of them were pre-ordered. So I bought one and am guaranteed their first. Then I went to WolfSlash16's LHS and purchased the second one they should be getting this weekend! So with those two, along with my Tower order on Nov. 6th, I might have 3 next week! Just hope to get one! I saw Wolfslash16's X-Max there in his shop. It is even greater up close! Now if SPC will just find those lost batteries they shipped to me two weeks ago I might have a Merry Christmas!
    Glad I could help out, and glad you liked my X-Maxx!

Just to be clear, Tphjil ordered the last X-Maxx we're getting so far. We did order 8, but we only have word on the two, one he just bought, and the other was sold in store a few weeks back.

RC Competitor
    I just left from ordering the last one my lhs ordered. It will be here by Wednesday! Woot Woot! I haven't had a Traxxas product in 4 years since I started racing. I couldn't resist this thing. Seems like all the issues I had with Traxxas models were addressed with this truck. No more plastic driveshaft and small differentials. I can't wait to see this thing In person! Wolfslash16 is the dimensions on the Website for the battery compartments accurate? All I have for now is 4s packs and it seems that they will fit according to the specs.

Wolfslash16 is the dimensions on the Website for the battery compartments accurate? All I have for now is 4s packs and it seems that they will fit according to the specs.
    From what I've seen they're dead on spec.

RC Competitor
    Awesome news! That means my 4s pack will work.

RC Competitor
    I'm bettin tower is sitting on their stock until Friday. I'm October 31st preorder and they haven't filled my order yet.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I'm bettin tower is sitting on their stock until Friday. I'm October 31st preorder and they haven't filled my order yet.
    That's what I'm thinking. I hope you're right!

RC Enthusiast
    I had mine pre ordered from tower but ended up finding one at a local hobby shop today so bought it and cancelled my preorder I had my lipos with me so we opened up and ran it at the hobby shop because the guys hadnt drove one yet. Its an awesome truck hope you all get yours soon. If you can find a shop near you that is on traxxas page as an official dealer they seem to get more in he had 3 and all other shops around have had none yet.

i wonder why regular hobby shops are getting them before Tower. one would think a place that orders them by the 100's would get them before places that order a handful at a time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast