RC poster

Question E-Revo Brushless upgrades

I am planning on putting in a duel brushless system into my 1/10 E-Revo, I am wondering if there is a two motor and one esc system, if not I will still go for a two and two system. I would also like to know what parts need upgrading before I put in the brushless system.

Thanks for any reply's.
    BillTheRevo.

RC Qualifier
    1st what set up are you running now? Assuming it is a stock brushless e-revo. Going to 2 brushless motors will not be as good as 1 larger. The current is a 2200kv and there are larger ones available. Also what batteries are you running and planning to run?
    If you go with 2 brushless motors, you will need to have 1 running in reverse and have it set up similar to a brushed revo is set up.
    Personally I would skip the dual motor set up and get a lower kv motor as it will be a lot easier to install and cheaper on the wallet.

^ Agreed. One appropriately sized brushless motor will be cheaper, more reliable, lighter, faster, and easier to maintain / install. But if your set on going the twin brushless route, you would need two separate ESCs as I do not know of one that can drive two separate motors. And I dont believe you can just split each of the ESC outputs to two motors.

A budget, 1/8th scale, waterproof, single motor brushless setup only costed me ~ $120 pieced together on ebay and it has all the power I need with some to spare.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    I am running a duel brushed setup, however I do see your point about the single brushless. I am also wondering now if I can still use two batteries instead of just switching to one battery.

RC Qualifier
    honestly dude, the stock motor and esc you get from stock is quite alot, on 6s it will tear up the car and it will backflip all day...
    i dont see why someone wil want more power for this thing...
    but if you do want an upgrade still go single motor, dual brushless is not worth it its different from brushed.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheRevo View Post
    I am running a duel brushed setup, however I do see your point about the single brushless. I am also wondering now if I can still use two batteries instead of just switching to one battery.
    If you get the MXL-6s, it already comes wired for series setup. So you will be able to run 2x2s or 2x3s without issues.

Even with non traxxas ESC, which you will have to solder your own connectors, you will wire them for series the same way.