RC Enthusiast

1/10 Castle SV3 SCT w/ 3800kv motor Run on 3s?

I know the esc for the Sv3 SCT will run 3s but can the 3800kv motor run 3s. It is very confusing because castle says a max of 2s for the motor but on the motor is says max 3s. Will be running in a rustler in replacement of a vxl-3s. Thank you for your help.

RC Racer
    I ran the 4600kv on 3s on 54/11 gearing. Motor is still happy.

RC Enthusiast
    Any problems or you normally run it at that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by digger1oo1x View Post
    I know the esc for the Sv3 SCT will run 3s but can the 3800kv motor run 3s. It is very confusing because castle says a max of 2s for the motor but on the motor is says max 3s. Will be running in a rustler in replacement of a vxl-3s. Thank you for your help.
    Where do you see that
    but can the 3800kv motor run 3s.
    . The SCT ESC can be run on 3S with a lower kv motor but the 1410 3800 is only rated for 2S by castle and that is to keep the ESC safe from damage. Castle states the 1410 3800 motor can be run with higher cell counts when using the Mamba Max Pro.
    I would trust they have tested long term use on 3S and found it does harm to the ESC otherwise they would not post that it has a max cell count of 2S. Can it be done? anything is possible with risks if your willing to try but I would not be trying it without a temp gun in my hand.

Wow look what I found that was just posted... coincidence?
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...T-ESC-Meltdown
    Last edited by JerrysMaxx; 12-11-2015 at 11:38 PM.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    That is a coincidence lol. Thanks that answers my question!

This is the reason I chose the SV3 4600 over the 3800 because I like to throw throw 3S in when friends are around
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Racer
    The instruction manual that came with my SCT/3800 combo said 3s max for Rustler. It depends on the weight and if it is 2wd or 4wd. With the slash then the max is 2s, for the Ruslter (since it is relativly light and 2wd) 3s is the max.
    Hi Ho Silver Away

ccoon520,
    It does state that but when I was researching brushless combo's for my Rustler I had contacted Castle on which would be better as at the time 3S sounded great (2S is easier to handle on the track). They told me if I were running 3S it would be good to go with the SV3 4600 for longevity. I had mentioned some upgrades I was planning so I would imagine they were taking that into consideration. For a stock Rustler it may be ok but who keeps theirs stock, the tires alone are the best upgrade over stock and most are heavier than stock. I have bashed with others with the 3800 and there really is no huge difference in the two IMO. I know I can gear better and my temps are lower than his with almost the same set up.
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    Forgive me for chiming in but are you guys running 2wd slashes with 3-4-5000kv motors??......seems like over kill unless all your after is mindless tractionless doughnuts........3500 vxl still kinda has to be nursed with setup and driving style.....personally I like the 2wd slash with a low turn brushed motor .......its scale fast and tons of fun as is....especially if ya got a few friends with em.....4wd slash......now that's a whole different ballgame.......lol......3-4000kv geared up a little and that a "here hold my beer" good time......lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
    Forgive me for chiming in but are you guys running 2wd slashes with 3-4-5000kv motors??......seems like over kill unless all your after is mindless tractionless doughnuts........3500 vxl still kinda has to be nursed with setup and driving style.....personally I like the 2wd slash with a low turn brushed motor .......its scale fast and tons of fun as is....especially if ya got a few friends with em.....4wd slash......now that's a whole different ballgame.......lol......3-4000kv geared up a little and that a "here hold my beer" good time......lol
    We aren't discussing the slash on these motors. We are just using them for references based on the manuals we recieved from Castle to try and make things a little clearer. Thanks for the input though I'll keep that in mind for when I start looking into SCT trucks soon.
    Hi Ho Silver Away

RC poster
    Oh sorry my bad....i saw slash and 5700kv and was like wow!....that's nuts!....lol........