Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494

    X-MAXX without body clips could be....

    Hey, I just got back to Traxxas forum. I has not been on here for long time. In few days ago, I found out about new product called X-Maxx. Glad to see that X-maxx can do self righting. Without body clips. Huge wheels. All that you heard about it. But I am impressed of without body clips. I think X-Maxx without body clips could influence to another RC companies to make without body clips for their rc vehicles. I am wondering about what if Traxxas is going to make "no body clips" for all Traxxas vehicles?? Do you think Traxxas will do that? I hope they will!

    I think X-Maxx is first vehicle without body clips.

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    51
    Not only would it be cool to see Traxxas carry on the design to future models, but to see the clip-less design for all of their current vehicles on the market.
    Last edited by Booins; 12-13-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    P2de VXL
    T-Maxx Classic
    Rusty SW3

  3. #3
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,519
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    ...I think X-Maxx is first vehicle without body clips.
    Funny car.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Funny car.
    yeah kinda of... but funny car is much different. Funny car don't bash and go offload...

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Andover Township, NJ
    Posts
    306
    Another brand of scale crawler has screws to hold body/cab on!

  6. #6
    Traxxas Employee sofasticantseeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    614
    This is often an overlooked feature of the X-Maxx, but one of my favorites. It's such a huge convenience not having to fumble around with body clips.

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    108
    but how will it effect aftermarket body options? if it wont bolt up onto other bodies its stupid.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
    if it wont bolt up onto other bodies its stupid.
    Stupid? How about innovative? Why would Traxxas make the X-Maxx body fit another manufacturers truck? In case you haven't seen yet...this X-Maxx is quite unique. It wont be Traxxas fault that other RC companies can't compete with or create a system like this. Clear body X-maxx shells sales will fly thru the roof if they can't compete. BUT I predict this new design will draw all sorts of aftermarket companies in to design a body to fit the new quick-latch system making this design actually a smart move...not stupid.
    We are all one race. The human race.

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Stupid? How about innovative? Why would Traxxas make the X-Maxx body fit another manufacturers truck? In case you haven't seen yet...this X-Maxx is quite unique. It wont be Traxxas fault that other RC companies can't compete with or create a system like this. Clear body X-maxx shells sales will fly thru the roof if they can't compete. BUT I predict this new design will draw all sorts of aftermarket companies in to design a body to fit the new quick-latch system making this design actually a smart move...not stupid.
    True... You could be right. I am sure that Traxxas have secret plans. I am just suspecting that Traxxas would make no clips body for Emaxx, Erbe, bandit, slasher, and more. Body clips are not cool because it fell off sometimes, Lose body clips and you have to buy another body clips. Body clips are stupid. New Xmaxx body without body clips are not stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •