Thread: training mode

RC Champion

training mode

Does the XMAXX have training mode. My daughter wants one and I would feel better if it did. she does great with her pede4X4 in training mode but now she wants the big truck after I showed her the videos.
    just a basher

Yup, its got the training mode. If you have the original esc on the stampede youll be familiar with setting the Xmaxx to training mode

RC Champion
    Got setting covered just did not know if it was an option.
    just a basher

On a side note, I would like to add mine doesn't have training mode. Holding down the ESC button longer while turning it on doesn't affect anything on mine at all, the light just goes green and stays green regardless of how long I hold it down. Not sure if it's just an early thing, or if all are this way.

EDIT: Fixed my post to be correct.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-14-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    On a side note, I would like to add mine doesn't have training mode. Holding down the ESC doesn't affect anything on mine at all. Not sure if it's just an early thing, or if all are this way.
    Hmmm I thought holding the button only changes it from lipo mode to nimh mode-vice versa?

Have you performed the correct steps stated in the manual to convert it to training mode?
    We are all one race. The human race.

From the X-MAXX quick start guide:

switching between sport, race and training mode:

1. Connect a fully charged battery to the model and turn on your transmitter.
    2. With the model off, press and hold the EZ-Set button until the LED turns solid green, then solid red and then begins blinking red. It will blink once, then twice, then three times, then repeat.
    One blink = Sport Mode is the default setting. It allows full forward and reverse throttle.
    Two blinks = Race Mode removes reverse throttle in case your track does not allow it.
    Three blinks = Training Mode will slow the model down by 50% to make it easier for new drivers to control the model.
    3. ReleasetheEZ-Setbuttonafterthenumberofblinksforthemode you wish to select. Note: If you missed the mode you wanted, keep the EZ-Set button pressed down and the blink cycle will repeat.
    4. TheLEDwillblinkandthenturnsolidgreen(Low-Voltage Detection ACTIVE) or red (Low-Voltage Detection DISABLED). The model is ready to drive in the mode you have selected.

I'm an idiot. Mine will switch modes just like normal, but you have to hold down the ESC button about 2-3 seconds longer than what I'm used to.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!