Thread: Raised Price

RC Competitor

Raised Price

I noticed traxxas raised the price on their website. It is still listed on tower for 799. I wonder if demand is so high they raised price to make up for it.

Welcome to the forums! All of the trucks on their page are listed higher than everywhere else. Why? So when you buy from somewhere else you feel like you're getting a better deal.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Hope they did not upgrade something and the first batch will not be upgraded

RC Competitor
    was it always $839? I could have sworn it was listed at $799 here too. maybe I'm getting delusional waiting. haha

RC Qualifier
    it was 799 on traxxas page, they have changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonj1018 View Post
    it was 799 on traxxas page, they have changed it.
    Yes, I agree. I should know, I've visited that area at least once a day since this summer, lol.

I got the impression Tower wasn't responsible for "no more Traxxas discounts", it was Traxxas themselves. In the auto restoration hobby I'm in some of the manufacturers don't allow discounts of their product either.

Well honestly, it never made sense that it was the same price as the ERBE.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    What's funny is that I looked at the Traxxas site at about 5 AM this morning because I saw they were including the Bluetooth Wireless Module free with certain Traxxas vehicles. The price was $799... at that time but it wasn't one of the models that included the Bluetooth Module. I thought Traxxas was going to give people a free module with the purchase of an X-Maxx but I guess not.

RC Qualifier
    It's for the newly redesigned shock caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Multirotor View Post
    It's for the newly redesigned shock caps.
    Try to be a lot more constructive in future posts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonwald View Post
    I noticed traxxas raised the price on their website. It is still listed on tower for 799. I wonder if demand is so high they raised price to make up for it.
    I wonder if anything was changed.

The Traxxas webpage price matched online retailers at $799 previously so I hope this doesn't mean that all the online retailers will be raising their prices too. I guess we will know in a couple of days.

RC Racer
    The price has been tickled in many markets

RC Competitor
    Even summit 1/10 was 639 earlier, now it's 669

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Try to be a lot more constructive in future posts.
    I thought it was funny. Should be OK to poke a little bit of fun at them. Back on topic... I'm a bit irked if they are raising the price. I was planning to get one for my birthday in March. If all the retailers have to raise their prices, I'll probably go with something else.

RC Competitor
    Really ??? Would a $40 hike sway you away from this beast?

RC Competitor
    Well, I believe if they have made some improvements, then the hike may be justified. But if they are selling the same model for an increased price, then it's nothing but they are playing with demand and supply...

I sincerely hope they have made changes to the shock caps and the shock arms. I have seen problems only with the shocks on the forums.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurabh View Post
    Really ??? Would a $40 hike sway you away from this beast?
    Yep. I was already on the fence since they disallowed retailers selling for less than the retail price. If the price goes up, I'm out. I have a couple of summits that will do for now. I'm sure other manufacturers produce similar vehicles before too long. An Arrma vehicle this size would be cool.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsda View Post
    I thought it was funny. Should be OK to poke a little bit of fun at them. Back on topic... I'm a bit irked if they are raising the price. I was planning to get one for my birthday in March. If all the retailers have to raise their prices, I'll probably go with something else.
    Nothing wrong with your post as a few people have already had issues with the shock caps. For a truck this size, I'm sure aluminum caps would be beneficial. Pretty sure they will be available for purchase soon. So if the hike isn't for some type of improvement to the vehicle, then it could be viewed as a blatant money grab due to the demand. Fortunately, mine is pre-ordered and paid for.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

It's not so much a money grab if they're raising prices across the board vs. only for the hot, new, sold out x is what you're saying?

Regardless of their prices, they sure have put a severe dent in a retirement plan of mine. It's OK, I expected to close it out anyways. The bills can wait, lol.

RC Qualifier
    Went up nearly $180 in the UK!

Luckily i got in on the original price!

RC Racer
    And make sure we don't give in to the price gougers on ebay with starting bid at $1300!

RC poster
    My LHS sold it to me for 799 on Wednesday.

RC Competitor
    My LHS sold me mine for 799 today. First one in the state! Got one run in the snow. It's so much bigger in person. Pictures don't do it justice

Quote Originally Posted by tysonwald View Post
    My LHS sold me mine for 799 today. First one in the state! Got one run in the snow. It's so much bigger in person. Pictures don't do it justice
    Congrats! Welcome to the X-Maxx club! Which color did you get?
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Got mine from LHS yesterday. Love it you're right you can't really appreciate this beast until you experience it in person.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

RC Competitor
    I went blue. With the shocks being blue, I felt like red body looked weird. That's my ocd I guess. I would have gone with either but I was lucky enough to have a choice

Up the price in a few markets spreads panic in the in effected markets and it will boost sales...eludes to the initial sales being down lower than expected

The other theory is as already described, supply and demand. Not sure Traxxas is the sort of company to raise prices just to make more money around the holidays.