Thread: Stampede Parts

RC poster

Question Stampede Parts

**I'm trying to follow every letter of the rules around here but if I missed something please feel free to let me know or delete this post**

I'm big into DIY so a while back I bought a few parts for a Traxxas Stampede with the intention to build it up from scratch. Well between 2 kids and starting a new job I haven't found the time to do so. I figured I'd post the pieces online and sell them off to someone who would actually use them. The rules of the Market Place in this forum say I need to have a price and I don't know what to charge for them so I have to post in the sub-forums to get a market value.

What I have is a Traxxas Display model chassis looks to be 2WD with motor, wheels, shocks and steering components and 2 batteries (one with a charger and one without). All are in good condition and have never been used.

Do you think I should post these on eBay or Craigslist? What's a good rate? I don't remember what I paid for them since is was part of a large purchase and a few bucks would help with Christmas.

Thank You All Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Last edited by DredCapnMal; 12-15-2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Fixing Images

This ought to help a little....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-10...25.m3641.l6368

Do you know if the tranny is a dummy or has the gears in it?
    I would list it in the forum as ARTR (almost ready to run). You may get the price of the one I posted. Ask the 150.00 OBO.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Champion
    All that might be worth $100. You're probably best to sell it locally since the shipping cost would take a major bite out of the sale price.

Hmm looks like a complete roller with motor and batteries. Yeah I think $100 would be a fair price. Start at $150 of course and get haggled down to $100
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    JerrysMaxx, you were correct it is a dummy trans. I opened it last night and saw there are no gears inside.

Quote Originally Posted by DredCapnMal View Post
    JerrysMaxx, you were correct it is a dummy trans. I opened it last night and saw there are no gears inside.

That's what I thought we had one like that at the shop I work at. How much you want for it knowing this.
    Stampede/Rustler

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Hmm looks like a complete roller with motor and batteries. Yeah I think $100 would be a fair price. Start at $150 of course and get haggled down to $100
    Batteries are not Traxxas so someone thought too far in advance.
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    Sorry Guys I was away from a computer all day yesterday. I guess without the trans gears and since the batteries aren't Traxxas the whole setup is worth less. Should I start at $100 and say OBO?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can, but that is essentially a roller

I bought a used Stampede 2wd minus the esc and motor for $60

Does anyone know if the traxxas Stampede 2wd vxl can run on a 4300mAh, 40C, 3S? With the stock vxl esc and motor. (Sorry I can't post a new thread because I'm in school and the "stampede and related" is restricted xD) when I ask can it run on that, I mean a whole run through the battery with no stops. The only stops I make are when I can drive my truck anymore. Aka it broke. I do have a fan and heatsink on my motor. I have a three cell I also run it on, it's a Venom 3s 4000mah 20 c. I'm looking into the spc batteries because that's all you guys talk about nowadays. I'm looking for something that's gonna make me "why am I doing this" with a grin on my face. I think bumping up the mah and c's will make it go faster right? I'm looking to turn my Stampede into a road master. I'm going to get street tires also. But I need a more powerful lipo.

Your battery can theoretically supply 172 amps continuously. Your motor / esc will draw much less than that. Closer to 100 amps continuously. So higher mah or c rating will only increase run time in theory, not acceleration or top speed.

Idk if you can run your 4300kv motor on 3s. If youve been doing it all along and your temps and motor is ok, then i suppose youll be fine. You could always look at castles motor ratings and see how many volts their 4300 motors will take and maybe yours is similar.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Your battery can theoretically supply 172 amps continuously. Your motor / esc will draw much less than that. Closer to 100 amps continuously. So higher mah or c rating will only increase run time in theory, not acceleration or top speed.

Idk if you can run your 4300kv motor on 3s. If youve been doing it all along and your temps and motor is ok, then i suppose youll be fine. You could always look at castles motor ratings and see how many volts their 4300 motors will take and maybe yours is similar.
    MaXXL... you must have my problem, too much speed reading . WonderMelon said he had the VXL model which is the Velineon motor. The 4300 is the mah on the battery. Does castle even make a 4300kv motor ?

WonderMelon should be no problem just monitor you temps at first to make sure your geared for it.
    Stampede/Rustler

Lol yup nowhere did he mention a 4300kv motor.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a 4300kv motor

3s will be pushing the stock esc and motor