Found this Video: Traxxas X-MAXX Broken Parts Video

Just found this and posting it in the hopes that it is informational and helpful for this community.

I have zero knowledge of how the X-MAXX was driven prior to breaking these parts, but am coming to realize bashing any model into rocks, concrete, etc., there will be broken parts.

Broken parts:
    A-Arm
    Shock Shaft

Head-on collisions??

PART 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2J77Uy3HM

PART 2: Update from the same driver:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVex33GivGE

RC Competitor
    Its unsettling to see a couple broken shock shafts already. On the other hand we do not know how hard he was punishing it to break them either.
    T-Maxx since March 2001
    X-Maxx 6s
    X-Maxx 8s

RC Racer
    If it was the same shock with the broken a arm mount I would think the fact he was beating on it with a crappy mount might have contributed to snapping that.
    Pede 4x4
    / 4x4
    / 2wd
    Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Its unsettling to see a couple broken shock shafts already. On the other hand we do not know how hard he was punishing it to break them either.
    Agreed, hard to know how much they have been bashed crashed?!?

I keep going back to me being new to RC trucks (hard surfaces) where the potential for any model to break in a crash is high, vs running my RC Spartan boat.

RC Racer
    Look at the wear and tear to the arm and parts hes been beating on that car pretty hard. Look at the gouges in the suspension arm. I have wear and tear to my xmaxx arms and there no where near as torn up as his.

Im saying some really heavy bashing is part of the culprit here. As to the shock breaking starting to get curious. But still kind of early.

RC Competitor
    This is the same guy who's Xmaxx just caught on fire. If you look at his YouTube channel, he has several videos with the Xmaxx

RC Competitor
    thankfully the local shop has parts in.. hopefully they have a bumper and see about a new body... really surprised how easy the bumper broke, and the body.. but the body is my fault for playing around on the road too much...

RC poster
    My rear arm broke because the retaining plate came off and the hinge pin backed out. Once the upper arm went it took the shock with it. First time bashing and wasn't that hard on it.

Pins or screws backed out prior to an impact? Are their not retaining screws to help prevent this? And did you do a pre ride check to ensure all hardware was tight?

Hope you can get parts soon. I have heard they are now becoming available!

RC poster
    I visually checked over the truck but didn't tighten everything. The retaining screw/cap came off which allowed the pin to back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehopping1 View Post
    I visually checked over the truck but didn't tighten everything. The retaining screw/cap came off which allowed the pin to back out.

Can you tell if the screw hole is stripped, or just the screw came loose?

Have you check to see if other retaining screws may have backed out with use?

RC poster
    No because it screws into the arm and that part is gone. Haven't checked the other side yet.