RC Enthusiast

Angry Little Frustrated With TH.

Whelp, spoke to TH today. Actually with several people. Both seemed very ignorant. I put a Pre-Order in for the Xmaxx on Dec 1st. I had asked one of the first ladies that I spoke to when they are supposed to be getting the Xmaxx in stock and If I had made the cut for the first batch. I was told they have no order in which the items are distributed once they are received and have no idea when they are supposed to get them. I then asked to speak to someone in purchasing to verify if these items are to be received. The second lady told that I spoke to stated that the items in question are supposed to arrive tomorrow and will ship out soon but they can't let anyone know if they have made the first cut or not. She did however, state that they had a little over 180+ Pre-Orders for the Xmaxx truck. Well little ol me decided to try and digg into it a little further. The third gal stated when I called back that they have no idea when something is supposed to arrive and there date on the website says late December.

If anyone has any light they may be able to shed on this it would be greatly appreciated. However, I believe for most of us who ordered through TH, we are going to be dealing with some incompetence when it comes to this particular topic. I am half tempted to cancel my pre-order with them and order with someone else who knows what in the world they are talking about. I know a little impatience comes along with a new product, but to not even give me an eta or what has been spoke about with these particular trucks I tend to get a little frustrated. Has anyone else ordered with TH at all?
    Last edited by IIIEXOCETIII; 12-17-2015 at 03:57 PM.

RC Competitor
    Just cancelled mine with tower today. I had my pre-order in with Tower at the end of November. A few other guys have cancelled their preorders with them as well. We all went either to our LHS or ebay to get one now. I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. It was for the same reason as you that I cancelled mine and went elsewhere. Each time I called, they gave me a story of they have no information other than Mid-Dec, now Late Dec, and would not answer how many pre-orders they were getting, how many the first shipment was bringing in, etc. Nothing. I believe them people did not know such information, but someone there could have had more information. It appears you have gotten more information out of them. Someone did comment on their Facebook page about the date being pushed back to late December now. They replied:

"Sorry for the confusion. A limited shipment of X-Maxx's is projected to arrive Friday and we'll fill our oldest pre-orders first. We are still not sure how many we are getting but it most likely will not fill all our pre-orders. Another small shipment is due late December. Thanks for your patience."

In no way is this a business ender with me and tower. Still a customer. I order all of my parts through them because of the stock, availability, pricing, and fast shipping. I would still have mine in with them if my LHS didn't get one first. I'm as impatient as the next guy haha. It sounds like you have the same information. All I can say is wait and see by the end of Friday. I know its frustrating. ALOT of people are in the same situation as you. Please let us know when you get one. Hang in there.
    Last edited by BigBird82; 12-17-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Grammer

RC Enthusiast
    Preordered with them October 30th. I heard a rumor they were sitting on their stock until the 18th to keep from paying out the tower e-cash. I don't know the truth behind that though. However, I called my local hobby shop (which is 2hr away) today and he stated that the distributor he orders through was supposed to get their shipment tomorrow, which I believe he said was somehow associated with tower. Hope this helps. I plan on keeping my preorder with them simply because it keeps me from paying additional taxes on the item as well as the fuel to drive to my lhs and back. Not to mention my lhs barely even knew what I was talking about when I said "x-maxx".

I have found that BACKorders with Tower Hobbies are not filled with any sort of priority. They are filled rather haphazardly with new orders sometimes taking precedence over longstanding backorders. I do not know if PREorders are the same but there seems to be no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    WRT "incompetence" I think a better word might be "ignorance" since I don't think the issue is that the CS reps don't know how to do their jobs correctly, just that they aren't given enough information for that to happen.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I talked to hobbico and they said flat out that they had not received their container shipment yet

RC Qualifier
    I canceled mine a while back as I've had pre orders for axial products and I got mine like a week and half after most people got theirs from hobby shops.... My oppion that tower hobbies will get all the X maxx in and not have anyone buying them as everybody I know friend wise and some on here have canceled.. I'll probably order mine around tax time as I need to finish my 5th scale build

RC Enthusiast
    Geez, so it sounds like I'm not the only one a little frustrated with the situation. As large of a company as TH, you'd think they would easily be able to say, "Product arrives here" and "Product Ships Here" kind of thing, but apparently not. Was just speaking to one of my colleagues here at the shop. I have one ordered through GP at cost, and then also through TH at Retail. Figured I'd at least get one of them to come in first .

I found out today that mine might not be here by Christmas, but what can you do. I'm not going to worry about it, or get my shorts all up in a wad. It will get here, when it gets here, and when it does...I'll take it home. I did see one in person at another local hobby shop, though...very nice. From what I could see, Traxxas did a nice job with it.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    I spoke to a service rep at traxxas about an hour ago. He told me that anyone that preordered the trucks prior to two weeks ago should have them by now. I said to him, "even tower hobbies?" He told me they should have them by now and be shipping them out. So I hung up the phone and called tower hobbies only for the lady to tell me they have not received a single X maxx yet and not sure when they will.....very interesting I thought

RC Racer
    Tower is a great place and I spend a ton of money with them everywhere butttt....... Preorders and back orders have never been there strong point. I remember a few times having stuff on backorder only to see them in stock and then sell out again and my back order still remained.
    If it's in stock though that's the first place I go .

RC poster
    I haven't done much business with them but seems like it would be hard for any company that large to deal with high demand low stock preorders like the xmaxx. This is one of my first orders from them but i'm not mad... just might would try a smaller company next time on a preorder

RC Racer
    I preordered with Tower rather late 12/1, so I plan to hit eBay each day looking for a similar deal. If I can't find one at near the same price I will just have to wait for Tower. I try to support the LHS but prices in general are higher + CA tax make it difficult.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes guys I can understand your frustration It is all just having good communication and honoring your customers..and most of all not being fed stories or lies, i had called Monday and the woman said there first shipment was coming in then...and ???? What to believe? So I posted on the other thread...this am I looked just for kicks on eBay at like 6am and found a lhs in Indiana that
    had 3 in stock and I bought the last one all 3 sold in less than hour at 6am!! Called them today and were very nice they sell lawnmowers! lol...and traxxas on side. 824 shipped and be here Monday and gave me a choice in color too!! Was more than pumped. So keep checking they will pop up!! Couple other guys did exact same thing today as well...

RC Competitor
    Tower has to be sitting on those x-max's til tomorrow. theres no way ALL those independent hobby shops got their shipments before tower. They're just saving themselves thousands by waiting a couple days. Ive been buying from tower for over 8 years. Their shipping has always been lightning fast.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Tower has to be sitting on those x-max's til tomorrow. theres no way ALL those independent hobby shops got their shipments before tower. They're just saving themselves thousands by waiting a couple days. Ive been buying from tower for over 8 years. Their shipping has always been lightning fast.
    I'm thinking the same thing. All the have to do is claim they don't have them for a day or so, and they save tons of $$$. We'll see what happens tomorrow....
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Guys the purpose of this forum is not to discuss issues with any vendor. The forum is here to discuss Traxxas products
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power