Thread: Tsm

RC Competitor

Tsm

This might be a stupid question and i'll do a bit more research later this evening. But i noticed today when doing some 3/4 speed rolling jumps.. spillway type hill.. just a floating jump, that i can't seem to get the truck to correct itself in the air. i don't understand how the TSM works at all.. but something seems off, and i need to be able to control more in the air..

how are you other guys doing it that are doing much larger jumps? I already busted my front bumper for lack of control on these... I am certain it is all user error, and plan on spending some time at the LHS tomorrow to see what i can learn as well..

anyway any help or ideas would be appreciated....

I have TSM turned off on mine. BTW, TSM does nothing to stabilize the truck in the air... All the stabilization you see is me correcting it. Ive clocked well over 100+ hours of driving to learn how to self correct trucks mid air, practice makes perfect in this case.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

TSM does not limit your throttle input, which is typically what's used to control vehicles in the air. If you hit the brakes the nose will fall and if you hit the gas the nose will rise up.

If you're hitting the jump at nearly full throttle then you've got nothing left to bring the nose up if the rear end comes up. I try to hit ramps at 1/2 - 2/3 throttle so I've got some extra just in case. Once you've made some jumps and see how the truck leaves the ramp then try going faster. Some ramps will kick the back end up and others will allow more of a flat jump.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    TSM does not limit your throttle input, which is typically what's used to control vehicles in the air. If you hit the brakes the nose will fall and if you hit the gas the nose will rise up.

If you're hitting the jump at nearly full throttle then you've got nothing left to bring the nose up if the rear end comes up. I try to hit ramps at 1/2 - 2/3 throttle so I've got some extra just in case. Once you've made some jumps and see how the truck leaves the ramp then try going faster. Some ramps will kick the back end up and others will allow more of a flat jump.
    That's prolly it..... I'm so smart.. Least it's easy stuff to fix