RC Enthusiast

Best mega pixel hd camera for the price

A lot of the reasons why i just purchased a aton was because of the aerial videos ive been watching on youtube. I want to get a camera that will fit in the gimbal but i dont want to spend a lot of money. What is the best 1080p camera megapixel wise and price wise that will fit in my aton.

RC Competitor
    My Aton arrived last night, I haven't even flown it yet but I have plans to fly it with a buddy on Monday and use his GoPro they seem to be the most popular. If you don't go with the latest and greatest model you can find older ones both new and used for not a whole lot. I also took a $19.95 gamble and ordered what I call a NoPro 1080i new from China on eBay, it's still a couple weeks out so I won't be able to compare or even know if the Chinese thing will work until it arrives but when I can compare video's I'll update this. I don't expect the NoPro to be equal but I'm on a budget and if it's anywhere close its good enough for me.

RC Qualifier
    I'm curious about the GoPro knockoffs. Please keep us updated.
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Competitor
    I have the asx pro 1080i from amazon and love them bought several for boating and to fly with that way if I kill them in a crash I'm out less then $100.00

RC Competitor
    I am replying from my phone because I killed my laptop but a friend loaned me his GoPro hero it records sound and video beautifully just like all the videos we watched on YouTube , when the $20 eBay NoPro finally arrives from China I will be sure and let everyone know how it compares if it even works

I know the next thing on my shopping list will be the gimbal mount to keep the camera level

RC poster
    Hello fellow Traxxas Aton enthusiasts. I've taken some time to find some comparable or better camera options. If you're looking for a powerful camera, check out the YI 4k.

The YI 4k has the screen built in and there's an application on the app stores for spartphones and tablets to connect to it. The app enables FPV and full control of the camera through smartphone. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FU...=A7K6H818001EY let me know what you guys think

Whatever you do, DO NOT enable WiFi on any camera while flying. It will interfere with your TX.

RC poster

Talking

#neveragain

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckvoip View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT enable WiFi on any camera while flying. It will interfere with your TX.
    I had WiFi enabled on my gopro 5 for my maiden flight x)
    nothing happened but I started reading and watching videos of the interference it can cause with the drones. #neveragain
    Last edited by Double G; 12-28-2016 at 09:27 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    This cost $50 and it works great.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...ias/Camera.jpg

You sent a payment of $41.99 USD to TOMTOP TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
    You can't fix stupid.

RC Competitor
    Ok my Chinese NoPro(my name for it) $19.95 from eBay finally arrived, unfortunately I can't do a side by side comparison to the standard GoPro Hero that someone loaned be because the Aton is currently in need of lower and middle chassis sections, a few propellers and assorted parts but I did stick one of the included mounts onto the windshield of my brushless Emaxx...first video is super choppy and I think that's because of the 15 frames per second rate@1080....if I lower resolution to 720 it increases to 30fps and I'll see what the results are tomorrow. I can say it's not bad for under $20 but I also read just now in a thread near the top that GoPro sells the regular hero for $129...that's hands down the winner in my mind(mine is borrowed but I'll get one soon). The nice thing with the $20 Chinese sport cam is it comes with everything, waterproof case different amounts of kind of stuff. I'm not sure if it's included or extra with aGoPro. I will post a few YouTube links for comparison next week

RC Competitor
    ok well after a major incident a couple days before what I call a NoPro arrived I am finally airborne and able to test it.....definitely not GoPro quality but it's not bad for a $18.95 delivered camera

this is 720 mode so it gets 30fps.....1080@15fps was wayyy too jumpy

https://youtu.be/fJQQz_QJ1yk

RC Enthusiast
    As you said not a bad deal for what you paid for it, thank you for sharing .