Thread: 6 or 4S??

6 or 4S??

Last year i sold my E-Maxx brushless edition....on 6S i got 60mph....but its a little bit overkill 6S on this truck.

Did the new X-maxx need 6S to make some fun but 4S its ok??I want a truck with a good power range....

My Old E-maxx brushless

Last edited by SkidMan; 12-19-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    -Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

Nice truck! If you are used to an E-Revo then stick with 6S. Good power band, decent speed. No where as ridiculous as a 6S E-Revo though.
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC Qualifier
    I was wondering this also if 4s was gonna be ok but not too slow, and if 6s would just be a bit better, it is a heavy truck....
    Lcg ultimate, mip's,castle SW8th 2200kv

RC Qualifier
    I think a truck this size needs 6s. Those tires are tall and heavy.

RC poster
    6s all the way on a truck this size and weight

If it is allreafy set up to handle 6s, why wouldn't you use it? If money isnt falling from trees itll be fine on 4s. But i wouldnt buy anything specific for a 4s setup. If you gotta buy new stuff anyways 6s is the way to go.... btw my truck is about the same size and its 3s... only 2wd though

RC Qualifier
    One of the reasons I went with the Xmaxx, was 6S IMO was too much for a Revo/Emaxx/Savage scale R/C. Im hoping 6S will be "sensible" given the extra size and weight over the smaller models.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    One of the reasons I went with the Xmaxx, was 6S IMO was too much for a Revo/Emaxx/Savage scale R/C. Im hoping 6S will be "sensible" given the extra size and weight over the smaller models.
    Pretty much. On 6s it's perfect, and it's just right. 4s is great for just messing around so you don't have to worry about temps or anything. I run 6s most of time, but 4s isn't that bad, it's still fun to drive.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    You wont see all the performance out of it until you go 6s. Its sluggish on 4s

RC Racer
    someone needs to take the stock esc out use the xl2 on 8s and see how the stock motor performs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Pretty much. On 6s it's perfect, and it's just right. 4s is great for just messing around so you don't have to worry about temps or anything. I run 6s most of time, but 4s isn't that bad, it's still fun to drive.
    Thats great to hear, and with the UK's cooler climate, we should be fine for temps.

Quote Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
    someone needs to take the stock esc out use the xl2 on 8s and see how the stock motor performs

This is exactly what RazorHobbies is going to do. Thread Here: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...axx-Conversion

I think Patrick Henry said it best during his speech to the Virginia Convention in 1775...Give me 6s or give me death!
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.